Want a city added?

monsoon

• 5 months later...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

We're working on a new release of the forum software and will be rearranging some forums with the new release.

Canada is definately on the staff's radar. We just have to decide how we want to structure it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There should be a section about Asian cities; they are very big and littered with countless buildings. Although sometimes the styles are monotoneous, their skyline is nevertheless broad and extensive. Large cities with more than a million people are kind of common in the Far East. I'd like some forums on cities in Asia.

Ummm... I think the Asian section should be split up into countries like China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and more nations if they have a substantial amount of buildings. Some of the prominent cities to include are Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Taipei, Seoul, Inchon, Tokyo, Kobe, Osaka. These could be the topics of the subforums. China has a sea of highrise buildings as they like to put ppl in towers. Japan is a bit lowrise in some parts due to the threat of earthquakes. Taiwan has finished the world's tallest skyscraper (Taipei 101) last year.

You could just create a forum on the city Hong Kong. In skyscrapers.com, it was the city that had the most buildings listed; it has A LOT of buildings due to land crunch, and I've been there before to witness this. Taipei could be a city to include also, since it too has a lot of buildings and Taipei 101, the world's tallest skyscraper.

* I forgot, a forum could be made on Shanghai also; it has a broad skyline and Pudong District, which I heard was the Manhattan of the Far East. Another one of the tallest buildings (forgot the name) is in that district and the Shanghai World Financial Center is going up. (Actually, I dunno on the Center, construction has stalled a couple of times.)

• 1 month later...

Is there a Chicago folder hidden away somewhere?  Seems like an obvious (and large) topic area to discuss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chicago posts are in Great Lakes & Ohio Valley. We haven't had enough Chicago discussion as of yet to make it be it's own secion. It's actually jumped around a lot. Maybe we're treating it too much like a network with a TV show that is good, but no one's watching.

Something we should probably think about more.

Archived