Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

• Please log in to reply
1673 replies to this topic

#1401 southslider

southslider

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Turns out PED was amended to require "active uses" along thoroughfares, but residential is still deemed "active." Thus, Central Avenue could be nothing but apartments.

#1402 plaza-midwood-er

plaza-midwood-er

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

also - does anyone know what happening with the pizza peel? are they waiting for a permit? they haven't been on the job site in almost a month. the project hasn't stalled out has it?

#1403 Niner National

Niner National

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

also - does anyone know what happening with the pizza peel? are they waiting for a permit? they haven't been on the job site in almost a month. the project hasn't stalled out has it?

I walk by there almost every day when I go to lunch. There have been people in there. I've seen people working on the roof and walking around inside the structure as recent as last week.

#1404 sharkdawg

sharkdawg

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Apparently Northwood Ravin is under contract to purchase and develop the 32 acres of Morningside Village.  They will be presenting their plans to the neighborhood next week.

#1405 DMann

DMann

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Anyone know anything about this?

Atlanta-based Pollack Shores Real Estate Group is pursuing a couple of sites for new apartment projects in Charlotte. One is on Park Road and the other is in Plaza Midwood, according to real estate records.

The company is planning a redevelopment of The Stratford Apartments, a 136-unit complex on the east side of Park Road, just north of the Selwyn Avenue intersection. Pollack Shores is looking to build a new, 264-unit project at the 6.8-acre site. The property is currently owned by a company managed by apartment investor Todd Pfalzgraf that purchased The Stratford Apartments in late 2011 for $4.3 million. Prior to the sale, the property had fallen into foreclosure and bankruptcy protection.

In Plaza Midwood, Pollack Shores is planning a new development on a 2-acre site on Central Avenue, between Louise and Oakland avenues, that includes the Grand Central event venue. The multifamily firm is planning a five-story, 240-unit complex with 7,000 square feet of amenity space and a parking deck with 367 spaces. Wayne Jernigan is the owner of the properties, which includes two commercial buildings and two single-family buildings.

Porter Jones, regional vice president at Pollack Shores, relocated to Charlotte earlier this year to scout for apartment acquisitions and development sites. The firm has not acquired either of the sites, and Jones declines to comment.

#1406 atlrvr

atlrvr

City

• Moderators
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

sharkdawg - any idea at this point if it is all the parcels including the ones discussed earlier that were in pretty advanced discussions for apartments?  my guess is yes, and Northwood is not a separate denser project on the big parcel along Veterans.

DMann - this project was discussed/debated a page back or so regarding knocking down the 3 buildings there, and the lack of retail.  Believe a rendering from the developer's Nashville project was posted.

#1407 ricky_davis_fan_21

ricky_davis_fan_21

Town

• Members+
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Apparently Northwood Ravin is under contract to purchase and develop the 32 acres of Morningside Village.  They will be presenting their plans to the neighborhood next week.

That will be huge for the neighborhood if done right. Hopefully it will be as ambitious as the previous iteration 

#1408 sharkdawg

sharkdawg

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

sharkdawg - any idea at this point if it is all the parcels including the ones discussed earlier that were in pretty advanced discussions for apartments?  my guess is yes, and Northwood is not a separate denser project on the big parcel along Veterans.

The fact that they reference 32 acres and the original plans for Morningside Village reference 32 acres, I assume this is for the whole property.  However, I have no info on their development plan yet.  I would assume that they are purchasing the whole thing then developing in phases.

#1409 ah59396

ah59396

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Anyone care to remind us what exactly Morningside Village was supposed to be?

#1410 ricky_davis_fan_21

ricky_davis_fan_21

Town

• Members+
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

600 Condos, 400 Apartments and 60-75k Retail was original proposal. I might have to turn on my old tower G5 to find renderings lol.

I'm imagining a more urban version of Bradford in Cary, which is being done by Northwood Ravin as well.

http://croslandsouth...=650&zc=1&q=100

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21, 17 September 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#1411 pgsinger

pgsinger

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Here is some info on the original Morningside Village.  I think it is worth noting that it include a plan for a 10 (I was thinking 12) story apt tower.

http://www.bizjourna.../18/story6.html

http://www.bizjourna.../20/story2.html

http://www.morningsi...s/CO_072907.pdf

#1412 pgsinger

pgsinger

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Another interesting find on the internet.  Check out the description of this house:  http://www.century21...16827-A10950837

...or better yet, I'll just cut and paste it below:

Chantilly version of Phillips Place coming soon. Morningside Village is set to break ground this fall. Northwood Ravin closes on that land on 8/28 and will begin developing 30,000 sq ft of shops/bars/restaurants. Attached is the marketing material the bank sent out to perspective developers. You can see on page 11 and 12 how the area is zoned.

#1413 ricky_davis_fan_21

ricky_davis_fan_21

Town

• Members+
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Another interesting find on the internet.  Check out the description of this house:  http://www.century21...16827-A10950837

...or better yet, I'll just cut and paste it below:

Chantilly version of Phillips Place coming soon. Morningside Village is set to break ground this fall. Northwood Ravin closes on that land on 8/28 and will begin developing 30,000 sq ft of shops/bars/restaurants. Attached is the marketing material the bank sent out to perspective developers. You can see on page 11 and 12 how the area is zoned.

I really hope there is for sale homes, at a decent price, because I would be inclined to buy if the product was right. For Sale Townhomes have been seeing a lot of interest in Charlotte. Both Projects in Dilworth are sold out, and the one on Providence and Wendover is 70% sold.

Hopefully this will lead to the intersection of Iris and Central being beautified. This will be the most used entrance to the development. But look at how awful it looks...
http://goo.gl/maps/nsEpK

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21, 17 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#1414 CLTNative

CLTNative

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://ww.charmeck.o...rds 2nd_rev.pdf

Original design guidelines.

#1415 ah59396

ah59396

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

^what an ambitious plan. Hopefully something similar can come to fruition!

#1416 tozmervo

tozmervo

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

CBJ says Northwood Ravin is having a community meeting tonight about their plans. Only the 6 blocks along McClintock are in discussion, leaving some land closer to Central still up in the air.

#1417 plaza-midwood-er

plaza-midwood-er

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Looks like they have done some plumbing/framing work on the Pizza Peel and are starting to do some plumbing now that they've finished grading on the project behind midwood smokehouse

#1418 pgsinger

pgsinger

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

CBJ says Northwood Ravin is having a community meeting tonight about their plans. Only the 6 blocks along McClintock are in discussion, leaving some land closer to Central still up in the air.

Here is the article: http://www.bizjourna...lopment-of.html

#1419 ricky_davis_fan_21

ricky_davis_fan_21

Town

• Members+
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

Looks like they have done some plumbing/framing work on the Pizza Peel and are starting to do some plumbing now that they've finished grading on the project behind midwood smokehouse

Any interest in seeing the plans for Pizza Peel, its really not very exciting. Building improvements, some green space, and a 160 sq. foot patio.

#1420 ontap

ontap

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Any interest in seeing the plans for Pizza Peel, its really not very exciting. Building improvements, some green space, and a 160 sq. foot patio.

yes, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users