Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Haywood Mall Retail

• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

#681 johnpro318

johnpro318

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

Surprisingly, this is still very likely to happen. There are many malls that have Sephora inside JCP and a real Sephora. Town Center at Cobb, Mall of Georgia come to mind. I think it might be a good thing for them. There were so many times where the regular price was pretty ridiculous and the sale price was okay. That's not really the case anymore. However, I have noticed that you could get a better sale price on some things versus their new lower prices.

I'm not sure if they have one in JCP at Columbiana Mall but they recently opened a Sephora there.

#682 101_ce

101_ce

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

There is no Sephora in Columbia yet, is there? Not in jcpenney any where. I don't think so. I know about the Columbiana one, but Abercrombie Kids just closed about 3 weeks ago. Sephora stores all look similar, I don't think it will be open for a few months.

#683 johnpro318

johnpro318

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

There is no Sephora in Columbia yet, is there? Not in jcpenney any where. I don't think so. I know about the Columbiana one, but Abercrombie Kids just closed about 3 weeks ago. Sephora stores all look similar, I don't think it will be open for a few months.

There is a Sephora starting construction next month at Columbiana Centre. It will be the first location outside of a department store in South Carolina. There are Sephora locations in JCPenney's in Greenville, Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

http://www.thestate....ephora-and.html

#684 greenvilleguy

greenvilleguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

I was in Sephora at JCP yesterday and the salesperson said a freestanding Sephora will be be open in July. I am only assuming it will be in the old Abercrombie location since it is the only one vacant and large enough.

#685 101_ce

101_ce

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I was in Sephora at JCP yesterday and the salesperson said a freestanding Sephora will be be open in July. I am only assuming it will be in the old Abercrombie location since it is the only one vacant and large enough.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I'm happy to say that I am more excited about Sephora opening than I was sad from Abercrombie closing! Hopefully I can go on the way to Florida since the one in Jacksonville/Orlando aren't that big (I don't think)
I am almost certain that something else (ie A|X) will open since A&F was 9,000 square feet. A|X stores are usually about 3,000 square feet, and Sephora store are large at about 6,000 square feet (most are 4-5K), so I think there still will be an additional store!

#686 mallguy

mallguy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Belk now has a Black Brown 1826 section in the men's department?

I'm impressed, but confused- that's the Lord & Taylor private label. How and why is Belk also selling it?

Belk could do a lot more with the display- BB 1826 is kind of like Harold's at Greenville Mall was, or Brooks Brothers is, but way cheaper- it's the best deal in the country, in my view, on nicer-quality classic clothes. A fuller assortment of the line would be great.

Still, glad to have it!

#687 gs3

gs3

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

How? Probably the fact Kathryn Bufano is the CMO at Belk and has long standing, solid ties with L&T.
Why? Very little overlap, if any, between Belk and L&T/Bay. Department stores have been doing it forever. Macy's "INC" brand sold at Ripley S.A. for years. Macy's "Alfani" and "Charter Club" brands sold at Myer Grace. A good way for L&T/Bay to make extra dollars. The product is right for the southern male consumer. Black Brown 1826 is made by Joseph Abboud, so probably some flex in the agreement.

#688 mallguy

mallguy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Now that Sears is selling off its most prized locations, including the Ala Moana store in Honolulu, wonder how long the Sears at Haywood will last?

#689 Greenville

Greenville

City

• Members+
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Now that Sears is selling off its most prized locations, including the Ala Moana store in Honolulu, wonder how long the Sears at Haywood will last?

Hopefully not long, because I'm ready for Nordstrom. :)
  • scgubers likes this

#690 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

It's official: http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=206 Posted on their Facebook page also.

Now hiring: Job Openings at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC | Mall Jobs Towards the bottom of the page within the link.

Edited by citylife, 19 March 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#691 mallguy

mallguy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

What's replacing Rack Room Shoes?

#692 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

What's replacing Rack Room Shoes?

Nothing is sadly. They just renovated their space.

Edited by citylife, 25 March 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#693 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

-SC Place closing.

-Construction has started on Sephora.

-Madison now open.

#694 101_ce

101_ce

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

The A&F space has been split up. At 8,500 square feet, it was much to large for a Sephora. Most of the former A&F sales space has become Sephora. The A&F stockroom is not Sephora, and will probably be used by Apple. There is another space that is approximately 1,250 or so square feet that is available for lease that was originally A&F's sales space also. Since Haywood is really doing well, It wouldn't really surprise me if it ends up being a Michael Kors/Cole Haan, etc.

(You can see any of this on the Haywood Mall lease plan, under the business tab of the Haywood Mall homepage.)

Edited by ct36, 31 March 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#695 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Sephora will be opening July 13th.

#696 101_ce

101_ce

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yay! I haven't really heard anything from the news about their opening, but I have in other cities. I guess there is less hype since there is already a mini store inside JCP here.

#697 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yay! I haven't really heard anything from the news about their opening, but I have in other cities. I guess there is less hype since there is already a mini store inside JCP here.

Yeah. However, the construction wall with Sephora's name and logo plastered all over it is up now which is good to see.

#698 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

SC Place and Jambalaya are now closed. Hearing that Urban Outfitters is in negotiations for SC Place/Boardwalk & Park Place spaces. Just a rumor though as of right now. Wouldn't be surprised if Sleep Number closes also once their Magnilia Park store opens.

Edited by citylife, 12 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#699 greenvilleguy

greenvilleguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Palmetto Moon out of Charleston is going in the old sc place location

Edited by greenvilleguy, 12 May 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#700 101_ce

101_ce

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

I doubt that the space would be large enough. Those stores are so small. SC Place was probably around 1,500 to 2,000 square feet at the most. I wouldn't imagine all the spaces around would be any larger than 6,000 square feet, which is a little small for a UO. I would actually be kind of upset for them to open there, anyway. I think that Anthropologie would have done well at Haywood, possibly a little better than in downtown. I think UO would do better in downtown too, so I think they should switch that.

I still think they should expand a wing through Sears since there is no where to expand. What stores? I already have a list in mind.
Abercrombie & Fitch (Before you laugh, if you look at the locations that have closed, none of them are in as nice malls as Haywood and were in larger metro areas with too many stores or smaller metro areas than Greenville. Therefore, it is obvious that the reason why they closed was not for sales, but the fact that Sephora desperately wanted a full line store at Haywood so they were willing to pay more than A&F. Their sales have definitely went in the wrong direction through the downturn, but many analysts forsee that any troubles are behind them. Plus, they have been outbid for their lease before and have returned to the same mall within a few years. Besides, every Saturday I would go I would always have to wait in line for around 10 minutes, and no, they were never slow.)
BCBG Max Azria (relocate their boutique from Dillard's into the mall, but obviously keep the line at Dillard's as well...it really looked like any BCBG area in any other department store, just with BCBG signs and registers rather than Dillard's signs and registers, maybe bags too)
bebe
Brighton
Brooks Brothers
Cole Haan
Lacoste
L'Occitane
Lucky Brand
Jamba Juice (I wish! :)
H&M
Michael Kors
Pottery Barn Kids
Sur La Table
Teavana
The Cheesecake Factory
Urban Outfitters
That could probably be enough stores to open in Sears, and the best part is that almost all of them are practical. Besides, if you look at an aerial view of the mall then you will see that there is enough room to put a Nordstrom behind the current Sears store, especially without the auto center. Basically this turns Haywood into SouthPark without any of the boutiques or Neiman Marcus, and with a jcpenney and more normal stores. I guess some would consider Cole Haan and MK to be boutiques, but they aren't really that much.

Edited by ct36, 12 May 2012 - 09:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users