Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

NC Music Factory / Uptown Village / Deco One

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#441 ricky_davis_fan_21

ricky_davis_fan_21

Town

• Members+
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

I like the look of these! This will definitely give this a much more urban feel! Also will really help liven up the area and the entrance to the music factory.
Posted Image
  • dubone likes this

#442 dubone

dubone

Metropolitan Area

• Moderators
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

It's definitely the furmanesque midrise style that is a lot of places these days, but still I am excited about this project. Not only the location bridging 4th Ward and NCMF, but the density on a plot that is unexpected.

Given the young people they will market to, I'm sure that street-side pool will be quite the 'streetlife'.

#443 wend28

wend28

Town

• Members+
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

I like the look of these apartments as well. It will definitely "brighten up" the entrance into the Music Factory district (as I call it).

#444 southslider

southslider

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

How can the NCRR/CSX grade-separation project get built without impacting this street?

And if that's a complication, how can this development (apartments, deck, and restaurant) even be built prior to the rail project?

#445 DCMetroRaleigh

DCMetroRaleigh

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

awesome project. can't wait to see it built!

#446 Urbanity

Urbanity

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Just echoing others about being thrilled about this project. In many ways the lack of something there causes a mental block for many people between NCMF and Downtown. Hopefully that will lead into further development on Graham

#447 Prodev

Prodev

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Owner is shopping the project to developers to sell of rather than develop themselves, so the rendering/architecture/site plan you see today may not be what materializes. I've also seen a rendering of the hotel planned for the music factory. Very art deco 70's mod. Not sure the timeline on that or how it would be branded using the existing design. I don't know how that would do in that location assuming a high end boutique concept that it appears to be.

#448 dubone

dubone

Metropolitan Area

• Moderators
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

https://maps.google....lina 28202&z=18

The mainline crossing project is going to make the Johnson crossing a small bridge while CSX is dropped into a trench. I would love to see NCMF buy up these industrial projects and expand the entertainment options closer into town.

The city has been looking at adding a pedestrian bridge across the tracks to return access to the cemetery. I could see these buildings being a great annex for NCMF further building out the area as an entertainment district. The green space of the cemetery could be an asset in the long run, and the buildings seem suitable to similar types of reuse like in the original project.

#449 southslider

southslider

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

I would love to see NCMF buy up these industrial projects and expand the entertainment options closer into town.

Would be nice, except the ADM plant is no longer planning to relocate.

#450 dubone

dubone

Metropolitan Area

• Moderators
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

That is really disappointing. The ADM is such an eye sore and puts a damper on a lot of rail options to Gateway station.

#451 TotalLamer

TotalLamer

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Would be nice, except the ADM plant is no longer planning to relocate.

From what I've heard our yard Trainmaster saying (I work for CSX), they're looking at options to either increase car capacity directly at the ADM mill on their tracks or perhaps building out Tryon Yard a bit more. So no, sounds like they're not planning to go anywhere anytime soon. I'm actually on the job that works that plant and ADM's sugar / corn syrup place a little farther down the line next week, heh.

#452 Mobuchu

Mobuchu

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Owner is shopping the project to developers to sell of rather than develop themselves, so the rendering/architecture/site plan you see today may not be what materializes. I've also seen a rendering of the hotel planned for the music factory. Very art deco 70's mod. Not sure the timeline on that or how it would be branded using the existing design. I don't know how that would do in that location assuming a high end boutique concept that it appears to be.

Is there any update on this?  I saw this devopment on the updated google map we have and it's one I really wish could move forward.  I bike often to VBGB and just having something in this lot other then a billboard sign would do wonders for making the music factory feel closer to town.

Edit: And speaking of biking over to the Music Factory.  The sand Volleyball courts at VBGB were a great addition.  Renassaince is the next closest decent option and thats down off Tyvola.  Just one more fun thing to do at the NCMF, and I was one of the doubters when it was proposed. :)

Edited by Mobuchu, 10 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

• dubone and Urbanity like this

#453 Lights

Lights

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Will be interesting to see is this gets approved. 

http://wfae.org/post...pass-public-art

Next up the Silos  :thumbsup:

#454 Niner National

Niner National

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Looks good.

What happened to the apartment project that was supposed to be built over there? It was announced well over a year ago (maybe 2 years by now), but haven't heard anything else about it since.

#455 Urbanity

Urbanity

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

^ I would love to know if that apt project was still a go as well as THAT will do a lot for feelings of walking that strip.    

#456 dubone

dubone

Metropolitan Area

• Moderators
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

It would be nice if there were news coming about the apartments, but lacking that, at least they are helping to support improvements to the aesthetics of the area.  

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 12.01.40 AM.png

#457 ah59396

ah59396

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

It would be nice if there were news coming about the apartments, but lacking that, at least they are helping to support improvements to the aesthetics of the area.  

Are they painting it?  Or using projection lighting like the I-77 bridge over Trade St.?

#458 wend28

wend28

Town

• Members+
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

You mean like putting apartments and/or hotel in that massive sea of asphalt and stone? Yea, that would be nice actually... Such a waste of space. They could easily build a 300-400 apartment development with a hotel midrise and incorporate a parking deck that could be shared.  

#459 southslider

southslider

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Some believe the apartments proposal was largely a posturing tactic for higher real estate compensation for the grade-separation and/or HOT lanes projects.

#460 ontap

ontap

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

The land under the I-277 bridge is a perfect location for a skate park.  The addition of lights and human activity would make the drive into NCMF seem less ominous.

• kermit and MilZ like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users