Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Pinnacle Hills Promenade

• Please log in to reply
1741 replies to this topic

#1541 Mith242

Mith242

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 18,716 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

Cabela's will begin construction on a 100,000-SF store near Target and the Promenade in early 2012.

It will be the state's first.

IMO, this gives the shopping center a significant boost both in traffic, and appeal to other possible tenants.

Rumor that Fresh Market is taking Border's will also be welcomed news. Expect announcement in 30-60 days.

Thanks for the updates. :thumbsup: Nice to hear a little more activity going on.

#1542 thewizard16

thewizard16

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Cabela's will begin construction on a 100,000-SF store near Target and the Promenade in early 2012.

It will be the state's first.

IMO, this gives the shopping center a significant boost both in traffic, and appeal to other possible tenants.

That's exciting and will definitely be a retail asset to that area. If Bass Pro ever gets around to building their store in Little Rock, we'll have both the major players covered in Arkansas!

Rumor that Fresh Market is taking Border's will also be welcomed news. Expect announcement in 30-60 days.

I had never thought of that location as a grocery, but it could work, and Fresh Market would be a nice addition to the NWA market. I've only been to one two story grocery store before, but it was about that size and was very nice. They used the second level as the deli/bakery area and had a nice wine selection with tastings if I remember right. I wonder what Fresh Market's plans for the little second level area will be.

#1543 RAK

RAK

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

That's exciting and will definitely be a retail asset to that area. If Bass Pro ever gets around to building their store in Little Rock, we'll have both the major players covered in Arkansas!

I had never thought of that location as a grocery, but it could work, and Fresh Market would be a nice addition to the NWA market. I've only been to one two story grocery store before, but it was about that size and was very nice. They used the second level as the deli/bakery area and had a nice wine selection with tastings if I remember right. I wonder what Fresh Market's plans for the little second level area will be.

Great news! I hope the Fresh Market does come through.

#1544 RAK

RAK

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Any update on the Fresh Market?

#1545 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

Any update on the Fresh Market?

Still working and a ways out before a done deal or an announcement.

#1546 RAK

RAK

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

Thanks! Crossing fingers!

#1547 nupe

nupe

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

lol, i've posted this elsewhere.... but a Cheese Cake Factory sure would be nice... I heard rumor that it was supposed to come in the same area as borders.... guess my source was wrong perhaps???

#1548 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

lol, i've posted this elsewhere.... but a Cheese Cake Factory sure would be nice... I heard rumor that it was supposed to come in the same area as borders.... guess my source was wrong perhaps???

Haven't heard anything, but with Cabela's, there may be reason for their interest. I still think it is an extreme long shot due to the lack of density in our market.

#1549 RAK

RAK

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

Any hope on the Fresh Market still?

#1550 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Any hope on the Fresh Market still?

Yes, I would say there is hope. Larger tenant deals negotiating with large REITs can take several months to shake out and sometimes the deals will die. But, I don't have any reason to believe that the deal has died. This time of year, retailers are focused on sales and not on expansion, so wouldn't expect much news, if any, until 2012.

#1551 RemusCal

RemusCal

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

I so do hope that the Cheesecake Factory lands in NWA somewhere. I really don't care at this point where it goes, but its needed. Usually you see PF Changs and CHeesecake Factory paired together at the same place, so hopefully the Promenade.

On another note, anyone know what is going in the opposite side of the Promenade across the bridge on 540? I noticed dirt is being moved in that huge plot of land across from WM Neighborhood Market in Pinnacle and was curious what is going on there. Maybe it will be Promenade #2? I definitely think the area can support more retail and another mall with possibly Apple Store, Macys, Nordstrom, Cheesecake Factory, etc.

#1552 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

I so do hope that the Cheesecake Factory lands in NWA somewhere. I really don't care at this point where it goes, but its needed. Usually you see PF Changs and CHeesecake Factory paired together at the same place, so hopefully the Promenade.

On another note, anyone know what is going in the opposite side of the Promenade across the bridge on 540? I noticed dirt is being moved in that huge plot of land across from WM Neighborhood Market in Pinnacle and was curious what is going on there. Maybe it will be Promenade #2? I definitely think the area can support more retail and another mall with possibly Apple Store, Macys, Nordstrom, Cheesecake Factory, etc.

Nothing is being developed. Only moving dirt and cutting in streets. They were on the clock to get this work completed or they would have been forced to resubmit their drawings, etc for permits. You won't see any verticle development in that area for the foreseeable future.

#1553 RAK

RAK

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Work being done inside the old Borders. I know what it is and others know what it is. Just not sure if I can say it officially for some reason. :)

#1554 Mith242

Mith242

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 18,716 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Work being done inside the old Borders. I know what it is and others know what it is. Just not sure if I can say it officially for some reason. :)

Thanks for your vague info. :lol: I guess the rest of us will here more about it in the near future.

#1555 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for your vague info. :lol: I guess the rest of us will here more about it in the near future.

Rumor is Whole Foods. Heard plans were presented to City of Rogers some time ago.

(edit) Also still hearing chatter about Fresh Market. I guess we'll see soon enough. GGP has been tight-lipped.

Edited by comreguy, 10 February 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#1556 RAK

RAK

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Okay, I think people here deserve to know. Scroll toward the bottom half.

http://reececampbell...t_Bid_Schedule/

#1557 Mith242

Mith242

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 18,716 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Okay, I think people here deserve to know. Scroll toward the bottom half.

http://reececampbell...t_Bid_Schedule/

Cool, thanks for the link and info. :thumbsup:

#1558 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Cool, thanks for the link and info. :thumbsup:

Well, there you go. The Fresh Market it is. Too bad not Whole Foods, but an improvement over the current options (and a vacant space).

#1559 bubba72704

bubba72704

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

That's great to hear.... Overall I'm really impressed with what's in the pipeline for this area (Cabela's, Houlihan's Restaurant, Fresh Market, Theo's, etc.). Is it safe to say that commercial real estate is on the road to recovery?

#1560 comreguy

comreguy

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

That's great to hear.... Overall I'm really impressed with what's in the pipeline for this area (Cabela's, Houlihan's Restaurant, Fresh Market, Theo's, etc.). Is it safe to say that commercial real estate is on the road to recovery?

On the road to recovery, yes. But still way to many bank owned properties and pricing of land will be a constant issue for new development. Things are still dicey out there...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users