Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Welcome

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 okinawatyphoon

okinawatyphoon

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

Great to have you here, Dulcinea! :thumbsup:

#62 Natehax

Natehax

Crossroads

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

Figured this was a good place to introduce myself before I started posting elsewhere. I was turned onto this site very recently by someone at jury duty, been lurking a few days and I'm well impressed with the volume and detail concerning the local issues (especially those regarding our beloved light rail). Seeing this in action gives me a lot of hope for the voice of the people in local politics.

I'm a local, somewhere over here in Colonial Place, lived here for the first six years of my life and for some strange reason moved with my parents to New Hampshire. Largest mistake my family's ever made in my opinion. After 6 years in the northeast, coming home was truly coming home. This place means a huge amount to me, yet I never would have noticed had I not left the area in the first place. Soon I'll be striking out on my own down here, and this site is an excellent way to keep myself up to date on local politics.

#63 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Welcome to UP, Natehax :)

#64 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,472 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

Figured this was a good place to introduce myself before I started posting elsewhere. I was turned onto this site very recently by someone at jury duty, been lurking a few days and I'm well impressed with the volume and detail concerning the local issues (especially those regarding our beloved light rail). Seeing this in action gives me a lot of hope for the voice of the people in local politics.

I'm a local, somewhere over here in Colonial Place, lived here for the first six years of my life and for some strange reason moved with my parents to New Hampshire. Largest mistake my family's ever made in my opinion. After 6 years in the northeast, coming home was truly coming home. This place means a huge amount to me, yet I never would have noticed had I not left the area in the first place. Soon I'll be striking out on my own down here, and this site is an excellent way to keep myself up to date on local politics.

As far as how people have been referred to the site, jury duty is definitely one of the stranger ones i've heard of. :lol: Welcome to the site Nate, glad to have you here. :)

#65 URBbum

URBbum

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hi everyone! I thought this would be the perfect place for my first post.

I'm a 20-something originally from the Detroit area, but moved here in the latter part of '06. I was introduced to this site by a co-worker. I'd rather not say who I work for.

My passion is in urban design and redevelopment. One thing I've noticed is how similar Norfolk is to Detroit- on a smaller scale- even down to social issues, except having a scandel-ridden mayor.

I think my ideal place to live right now would be in Ghent near the Hague (I don't need to be on Mowbray Arch), but I'm stuck in the beach. I've already done the North End thing and it isn't me, I'm a downtown boy. There's something about that area with the parks, walker-friendly area, architecture, and history.

I'm still looking for the perfect place to eat, take a date, or go for a good time. If you have any suggestions I'll gladly listen!

Let the fun begin!

#66 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,472 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

Welcome to the forum. :)

#67 dday3232

dday3232

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Hey everyone! thought I'd finally join after reading posts for so long!

Currently I am a Geography major at ODU with an emphasize on GIS (basically making maps). I was born and raised in Northern Virginia and finally will be moving into a house in July with the some friends after 2 years of dealing with on-campus housing (which was horrible I might add).

I love the city of Norfolk and enjoy keeping up with what's happening in the city!

I look forward to finally contributing to the forum!

#68 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Welcome to both of you! Two members in one day is surely a treat.

#69 NSUREDD

NSUREDD

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

Welcome, I too took most of the Geography classes ODU had to offer. Best of luck in finishing your degree!!!

#70 Sky06

Sky06

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

Gentelmen . . . Welcome to Fight Club. :ph34r:

Take a look at the Norfolk businesses and restaurants thread for ideas on where to eat.

#71 ORFeus

ORFeus

Crossroads

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Gentelmen . . . Welcome to Fight Club. :ph34r:

Take a look at the Norfolk businesses and restaurants thread for ideas on where to eat.

And in this corner, weighing in with laissez-fair capitalism; wearing maroon and orange Hokie color trunks with interests in mass transit, port operations, and urban planning; Norfolk native and resident; a huge Hell's Kitchen late night advocate.....................................ORFeus.

#72 vtfan18

vtfan18

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

And in this corner, weighing in with laissez-fair capitalism; wearing maroon and orange Hokie color trunks with interests in mass transit, port operations, and urban planning; Norfolk native and resident; a huge Hell's Kitchen late night advocate.....................................ORFeus.

Welcome aboard. GO HOKIES!

#73 cpeakesqr

cpeakesqr

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

I think I'm gonna puke... :sick:

#74 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,472 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

Welcome to our many new members this week. I know this is a little late, but i've been exceptionally busy with work and school and this is the first time i've really had a moment to sit down and look through all the threads. Anyway, welcome, and post often :).

#75 mlsimons

mlsimons

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

So I guess I haven't introduced myself even tho I've been posting a lot since I joined. I'm Matt, 23 from Virginina Beach, although I've been living in Norfolk for nearly 3 years now. Currently in Ghent, I will probably live here for some time. Although once Light Rail opens, you can bet I'll try to get as close as possible. I have been raised in the 757 and love it here. I just graduated from ODU and start graduate studies in January (Public Administration and Urban Studies with a concentration in Urban Planning. I came across the forum as a result of continually searchin via google for info on upcoming projects. I come from a family of contractors and builders with a long history in Norfolk, so I am constantly told about the way things used to be, which is interesting.

#76 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

I have been away for the Christmas holidays and just read your intro, Matt. Great having you amongst us here on UP. And congrats on graduating from ODU. It's great having other folks as yourself who are interested in urban planning and studies. Sometimes I think I missed my calling in life.

Edited by urbanvb, 28 December 2008 - 01:13 AM.

#77 PeninsulaKiddo

PeninsulaKiddo

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Indeed!! Welcome Matt :)

#78 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,472 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

So I guess I haven't introduced myself even tho I've been posting a lot since I joined. I'm Matt, 23 from Virginina Beach, although I've been living in Norfolk for nearly 3 years now. Currently in Ghent, I will probably live here for some time. Although once Light Rail opens, you can bet I'll try to get as close as possible. I have been raised in the 757 and love it here. I just graduated from ODU and start graduate studies in January (Public Administration and Urban Studies with a concentration in Urban Planning. I came across the forum as a result of continually searchin via google for info on upcoming projects. I come from a family of contractors and builders with a long history in Norfolk, so I am constantly told about the way things used to be, which is interesting.

I apologize for being late on this, welcome to the forum. :)

#79 CaveMaN

CaveMaN

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hi All! I've posted just a couple times recently, and came across this thread-

I'm new to Norfolk, lived in VB & also chesapeake for a couple years prior to this, and grew up mostly in the Midwest (IN & MN).

I just moved into Hague tower (if anyone else on this site lives there, lemme know), and I'm attending TCC at nights, pursuing my associate of science in engineering before I head off somewhere (hopefully to VT for Fall'09) to get my bachelor's in Civil.

I'm very into construction, architecture, & engineering, just turned 25, and I'm working full time doing CAD work using both bentley & autodesk software.

If anyone ever wants to get up for a drink or a bite downtown let me know!

-Rob

Edited by CaveMaN, 31 December 2008 - 02:01 PM.

#80 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users