Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Resturants

• Please log in to reply
780 replies to this topic

#1 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

This seems to be a popular topic here so have at it. :)

#2 rusthebuss

rusthebuss

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

Are you going to make a Norfolk Retail thread?

#3 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

Are you going to make a Norfolk Retail thread?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Don't worry, Norfolk will have everything Va. Beach has. I'm just starting with Va. Beach because I have the most work to do in here.

#4 StevenRocks

StevenRocks

City

• Members+
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:34 AM

I'll bite. What's happening at Lynnhaven Mall these days?

#5 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:22 AM

I'll bite.  What's happening at Lynnhaven Mall these days?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not too terribly much is going on at the mall that I am aware of. A&M is the newest fashion retailer to locate here. Although I don't know much about them they are supposed to offer cutting edge fashions at great prices. The old Chi-Chis outside the mall is being converted into a Caberras Italian Grill. I noticed it the other day and things are progressing relatively fast. Oh, and the Lord and Taylor store is still empty but hopefully they are working on finding a new tenant. I heard once they will probably break up that space for several smaller ones.

#6 soloextreme

soloextreme

Whistle-Stop

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:24 AM

A&M is terrible. I thought that it would be good from the media but for men its just plain terrible.

The new Express for men just opened back up. It's ok, but nothing great.

I think we need a Holister. I know we have a lot of surf shops but I still think it would do well here. AF has jumped their prices up recently. Prices upwards of 80-90 duckets for a pair of jeans. I dont mind paying that much for a pair of Seven's or something designer, but for garbage like AF is just plain ignorant. Holister resembles AF a bit, but with lower prices.

I hate going to Norfolk just to buy clothes other than the casual WRV stuff.

#7 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:09 AM

A&M is terrible. I thought that it would be good from the media but for men its just plain terrible.

I think we need a Holister. I know we have a lot of surf shops but I still think it would do well here. AF has jumped their prices up recently. Prices upwards of 80-90 duckets for a pair of jeans. I dont mind paying that much for a pair of Seven's or something designer, but for garbage like AF is just plain ignorant. Holister resembles AF a bit, but with lower prices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the new Express store in the same location?

#8 rusthebuss

rusthebuss

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:53 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey watch those Norfolk hating comments, you know what we do in our city! :rofl: :thumbsup: We are a little crazy in Norfolk you know :wacko:

#9 nrdzrool

nrdzrool

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:58 AM

A&M? Do you mean H&M? The store right next to the new express studio? I think it's great...of course just a matter of taste, but most of the stuff they have there appeals to me. the new express is pretty good as well, but usually too expensive..you can get just about the same level of quality next door for cheaper.

#10 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:09 AM

A&M?  Do you mean H&M?  The store right next to the new express studio?  I think it's great...of course just a matter of taste, but most of the stuff they have there appeals to me.  the new express is pretty good as well, but usually too expensive..you can get just about the same level of quality next door for cheaper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mind cheaper by any means provided the quality is there. Usually I try to buy on sale at Banana Republic but I should check out these other stores.

#11 soloextreme

soloextreme

Whistle-Stop

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:47 PM

yes I meant H&M. sorry. i believe the H&M has a more feminine look about it the mens clothing. almost homosexual. i guess its whatever you like. i personlly dont. however i do like some of the mens express.

i dont hate norfolk. i just hate having to drive there to find decent clothing.

#12 wrldcoupe4

wrldcoupe4

Metropolis

• Editor
  • 7,890 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

hollister is owned by abercrombie,...

#13 rusthebuss

rusthebuss

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

yes I meant H&M. sorry. i believe the H&M has a more feminine look about it the mens clothing. almost homosexual. i guess its whatever you like. i personlly dont. however i do like some of the mens express.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was messing with you dude!

#14 PeninsulaKiddo

PeninsulaKiddo

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

H + M... is... very homosexual haha. Trust me. Not as bad as Abercrombie or Hollister though, although many-a-straight teen wears Hollister. :lol:

#15 rusthebuss

rusthebuss

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you pissed someone off!

#16 vdogg

vdogg

Megalopolis

• Moderators
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:44 PM

From an article posted in the Westin and TC threads: "In related news, Gerald S. Divaris, Town Centerís leasing agent, announced Tuesday that Brooks Brothers will move into Town Center near The Cheesecake Factory. The store is scheduled to open at the corner of Central Park and Market streets by spring 2006."

I'm kinda a retail layman so can anyone tell me what Brooks Brothers is and what type of market they cater too?

#17 hoobo

hoobo

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

From an article posted in the Westin and TC threads: "In related news, Gerald S. Divaris, Town Centerís leasing agent, announced Tuesday that Brooks Brothers will move into Town Center near The Cheesecake Factory. The store is scheduled to open at the corner of Central Park and Market streets by spring 2006."

I'm kinda a retail layman so can anyone tell me what Brooks Brothers is and what type of market they cater too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Upscale men's clothing specifically suits and business casual. Kinda like the suit department at Nordstrom or local men's retailer B. Croft & Bull. Men's Warehouse (at TC) and S&K (in Pembroke) cater to mid-scale shoppers. Their main competitor is JCPenney, so Brooks Brothers shouldn't affect them too much.

#18 StevenRocks

StevenRocks

City

• Members+
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:26 PM

Was there a Brooks Brothers in the area previously? They're one of my favorite stores.

#19 urbanvb

urbanvb

City

• Editor
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

Was there a Brooks Brothers in the area previously?  They're one of my favorite stores.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't believe so. The closest store is in Richmond well Williamsburg actually.

#20 wrldcoupe4

wrldcoupe4

Metropolis

• Editor
  • 7,890 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

the one in Richmond is pretty nice... it's at stony point fashion park.... would probably be a good addition to TC

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users