Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Shackleford Crossings

• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

#461 cozmosis

cozmosis

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

According to Pizza Hut's map that's in their waiting room there is supposed to be a road that connects from South Shackleford (the light that goes to Wal-Mart) around Cook Lake the up to around W. 24th St.

A road around the lake and up to 24th Street would put it right through the middle of Camp Aldersgate (which owns the lake and some 120 acres of land). Perhaps the map was showing an extension of Aldersgate Road? Currently, it dead ends with no cul-de-sac about 450 yards from S. Shackleford Road. I'm not sure who owns the property between the two or if there are any future plans for its development.

#462 thewizard16

thewizard16

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Sprint will be opening a store in Shackleford Crossings according to plumbing permits. I think they'll have all three major carriers with stores there now.

#463 ecity3138

ecity3138

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

What happen to this development? It's seem that the shopping center have went downhill since the foreclosure of the center. It have so much potential to be a power center, but from what I've seen there's not one new tenant that I find interesting.

Edited by ecity3138, 07 June 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#464 ecity3138

ecity3138

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Arkansas Business have an article regarding the tenants at the Shackleford Crossing Center. It mentions Jo Ann Fabric & Craft, Hobbytown USA, a Sprint Store, and Scottrade as possible tenants at the lifestyle portion of the center. The article also mentions three possible restaurants at the remaining outparcels portion of the center. They are BJ Restaurant and Brewery, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Chuck E Cheese. Although not impressed with the retail tenants, I do find the restaurants a little more interesting. BJ Restaurant and Brewery would be new to Arkansas and would be a great addition to the existing restaurants located there. Longhorn Steakhouse, with locations in Jonesboro and Forth Smith, would be new to Central Arkansas and would also be great for the center. I do find it more interesting with Chuck E Cheese wanting to locate there consider that they have a location on Rodney Parham next to Kmart. Maybe they planning on closing their existing location on Rodney Parham and relocate to Shackleford Crossing?

#465 ArkansasTraveler

ArkansasTraveler

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sprint is now open, and Scottrade is currently under construction. As for Chuck E Cheese, it's the first mention of a Shackleford Crossing location that I've seen. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them relocate off of Rodney Parham.

#466 SangreRaVen

SangreRaVen

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I noticed there is a HobbyTown USA there now as well and it also looks like they are working on one of the out parcels up front along Shackleford. This might be that other rumored roadhouse style place :/ wish we would get something cool and totally new to market.

#467 ecity3138

ecity3138

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Edited by ecity3138, 07 November 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#468 ecity3138

ecity3138

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I noticed there is a HobbyTown USA there now as well and it also looks like they are working on one of the out parcels up front along Shackleford. This might be that other rumored roadhouse style place :/ wish we would get something cool and totally new to market.

I think Longhorn Steakhouse going in that spot.

#469 thewizard16

thewizard16

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

A permit has been issued for a Joann's Fabrics and Crafts for 2616 S. Shackleford Rd, which would be in the Shackleford Crossings development. Not my thing, but it's a recognizable chain and I'm sure some people will be excited about it.

Another eye-catching permit was issued for just down the street near the intersection of Shackleford and Kanis. Hilton Garden Inn has has a permit issued for an address on Kanis that appears to currently be a house with some land around it (has been for sale) across from that empty little shopping center next to the Shell station. Considering that the Garden Inn and Residence Inn seem to go after the same market (and there is another extended stay hotel near there), it looks like that section is about to get pretty competitive for the extended stay business traveler. With the growth at Shackleford Crossings and the new Panera and Dunkin Donuts just across the intersection from this new hotel, there's actually quite a lot going on down Shackleford right now.

#470 theman

theman

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

A permit has been issued for a Joann's Fabrics and Crafts for 2616 S. Shackleford Rd, which would be in the Shackleford Crossings development. Not my thing, but it's a recognizable chain and I'm sure some people will be excited about it.

Another eye-catching permit was issued for just down the street near the intersection of Shackleford and Kanis. Hilton Garden Inn has has a permit issued for an address on Kanis that appears to currently be a house with some land around it (has been for sale) across from that empty little shopping center next to the Shell station. Considering that the Garden Inn and Residence Inn seem to go after the same market (and there is another extended stay hotel near there), it looks like that section is about to get pretty competitive for the extended stay business traveler. With the growth at Shackleford Crossings and the new Panera and Dunkin Donuts just across the intersection from this new hotel, there's actually quite a lot going on down Shackleford right now.

Can that area support another hotel.  Near that area is the Hampton Inn, Wingate and Studio Plus.  In Shackleford Crossing is the TownPlace Suites and Comfort Suites.  Then near Shackleford and I-630 is the Embassy Suites, the new Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott and the Crowne Plaza.  That's a lot of competition. 

#471 SangreRaVen

SangreRaVen

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

What looks like a fast food place of some sort is being built next to Boomerang Wash

#472 Smith

Smith

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

What looks like a fast food place of some sort is being built next to Boomerang Wash

It seems like way back, I am remembering an Arby's and/or Zaxby's mentioned in that general area.

#473 ArkansasTraveler

ArkansasTraveler

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

It seems like way back, I am remembering an Arby's and/or Zaxby's mentioned in that general area.

Zaxby's had long ago been in the mix of potential tenants.  For all of the ills of Shackleford Crossings, the location is still a good one and I see Zaxby's doing well there — if that's indeed what's being built.

#474 Arkanzin

Arkanzin

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

According to the ADH, a plumbing permit has been issued to BJ's Restaurant.  I assume this is BJ's Restaurant and Brewery.  I have never been to BJ's Restaurant but it is a chain out of California with locations mainly in the west but a smattering of locations in Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana, a few in Florida and some in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.  The website is http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/  

I'm not sure whether each location is a microbrewery but they do have quite the list of BJ's own beers.  

I'm looking forward to this one.  

#475 SangreRaVen

SangreRaVen

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Be curious to see where they put this in the complex. The building being built next to Boomerang is to small to be this but could be the Zaxbys

#476 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Zaxby's had long ago been in the mix of potential tenants.  For all of the ills of Shackleford Crossings, the location is still a good one and I see Zaxby's doing well there — if that's indeed what's being built.

I'm a huge Zaxby's fan and continue to be dumbfounded as to why they continue to avoid putting any locations in Little Rock proper.  Seriously...what a missed opportunity.  Maumelle, Sherwood, Bryant, etc., but no Little Rock.

#477 jnholmes

jnholmes

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm a huge Zaxby's fan and continue to be dumbfounded as to why they continue to avoid putting any locations in Little Rock proper.  Seriously...what a missed opportunity.  Maumelle, Sherwood, Bryant, etc., but no Little Rock.

This just a guess but it may be franchising issues...

#478 ecity3138

ecity3138

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Be curious to see where they put this in the complex. The building being built next to Boomerang is to small to be this but could be the Zaxbys

They probably going to put it next to Longhorn Steakhouse. There's plenty of land next to Longhorns to put BJ's Restaurant and Brewery.

#479 SangreRaVen

SangreRaVen

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Cool

#480 ericritic1434

ericritic1434

Crossroads

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Looks like the building under construction is not a Zaxby's, but an Arby's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users