Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Let's Go Indianapolis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

OK, lets gets some posts going for Indy.

Indianapolis is far to great of a city not to be represented here on UP. I am from Indy but live in Grand Rapids MI now and would love to keep up on all of the developments in my home city!

Come on Hoosiers, help me out and put Indy on the UP map :thumbsup:

#2 tamias6

tamias6

Town

• Members+
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:31 PM

MY family and I use the 465 beltway to get to I-70 on our way to visit the Grand Parents in Vinncence, IN. Somtimes we stop and pick an audio book or two at a Barn and Nobles on US-31 on the greater metro's northside. Even though we've never been to DT Indy, I am curious to see what it looks like.

#3 Rural King

Rural King

Town

• Members+
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

I have about 300 pics from this July that I took in downtown Indy. At some point I will try to post them, but I have to find the free time to do that first. It can be quite time consuming to do one (or several) big picture threads. I will try to find the time at some point though.

#4 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

Congrats to my hometown Indy and the Indianapolis Motorspeedway for re-signing the F1 race for another year. I was reading what the economic impact is on the city and it is huge. F1 brings in significantly more than the 500 and the 400.

New Colts stadium is moving right along. Anyone have pics of the construction - post on this thread. We will use it until their is an official Indianapolis thread :thumbsup:

#5 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:40 AM

GO Colts - beat the Giants. Peyton over Eli in Manning Bowl :D

#6 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:56 AM

Those are some awesome cranes!

http://www.indystar....LOCAL/609180436

#7 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:54 PM

Good read.

http://www.intakewee...6-9789-160.html

#8 indy500

indy500

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

Heres a video me and a friend did of downtown Indianapolis and put on you tube in october 2006

heres link

Edited by indy500, 20 December 2006 - 01:19 AM.

#9 MJLO

MJLO

Town

• Moderators
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:24 AM

I've always been really impressed with Indianapolis. We really need to kick it into high gear here, get more threads and create an Indiana forum. Represent the entire state!

#10 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:46 AM

I've always been really impressed with Indianapolis. We really need to kick it into high gear here, get more threads and create an Indiana forum. Represent the entire state!

I am going home to Indy on the 26th - I'll snap some shots and post them.

#11 indykid

indykid

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:13 AM

Ive lived here all of my life and I can tell you this indy is a great city to live in, I recenetly went to chicago and found that city confusing and jam packed, plus at 17.00+ for parking in those parking garages. Ouch, but Indy is a good place to live.

#12 MJLO

MJLO

Town

• Moderators
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

I've got alot of love for Indy, i've only been a few times, but you can tell how much the residents love it. I don't think it gets the respect it deserves. Great skyline, great nightlife, great cost of living. Although I wouldn't be so quick to discount Chicago, there are reasons Chicago is the way it is, it's definately one of the great ones.

#13 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:58 PM

I am going home to Indy on the 26th - I'll snap some shots and post them.

Well, I failed to get the pics - sorry. But I did drive buy the new Colts Stadium - WOW :w00t:

Also drove down Mass. Ave and was amazed at all of the Urban condos in the old industrial buildings.

#14 Choirboy622

Choirboy622

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Well, I failed to get the pics - sorry. But I did drive buy the new Colts Stadium - WOW :w00t:

Also drove down Mass. Ave and was amazed at all of the Urban condos in the old industrial buildings.

Mass. Ave. is the theatre district as well as having many of the high-end condos. Fountain Square is starting to emerge as well, but is not as far along as Mass. Ave.

#15 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:13 PM

Mass. Ave. is the theatre district as well as having many of the high-end condos. Fountain Square is starting to emerge as well, but is not as far along as Mass. Ave.

Again, I was impressed. my family (kids included) went to a place called "Sports Comedy" and it was a blast. I have already started talking to some people here in Grand Rapids about doing something similar. I definately would love to try some of the trendy restraunts I saw along Mass. Ave.

#16 WOT

WOT

Whistle-Stop

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

GO Colts, Beat Brady :rolleyes:

#17 Florida

Florida

Megalopolis

• New Members
  • 12,237 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

GO Colts, Beat Brady :rolleyes:

Great win tonight Indianapolis!

:yahoo: GO COLTS :yahoo:

#18 jdkacz

jdkacz

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:07 PM

If Manning wins the Super Bowl he wont have to be lumped with Dan Marino for the rest of his carerr.

Indy's O vs Chicago's D -- can't wait for the midwest Super Bowl!

#19 Rural King

Rural King

Town

• Members+
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

Definately a great game tonight! This is the first Super Bowl in a LONG time I actually care about who wins. Its been since the Titans went, so heck 7 years. I am so looking forward to watching the the Colts bring home a championship to Indiana.

#20 indy500

indy500

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

GO
Posted Image :yahoo:

Edited by indy500, 22 January 2007 - 02:11 AM.