Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

New Construction and Crane Sightings

• Please log in to reply
733 replies to this topic

#161 Nashvillain

Nashvillain

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:30 PM

ok, not trying to copy smeagolsfree or anything, but uh....here is today...

Great job, don't worry about stepping on anyone's toes, new pictures are always welcome. I really enjoy the high up views of the Sun Trust (I've lamented the loss of the Viridian Cam in order to keep tabs on this one) and the view of Broadway looking towards the river, but ...

now just imagine the Westin...
Posted Image

No thanks

#162 titanhog

titanhog

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

There have been workers taking up the old concrete foundation of a long torn-down building on Music Row...I believe it may be 1010 18th Ave S? Anyway...it's next to Muy Bueno Music Publishing and I've just noticed that some type of construction sign has gone up there. Any idea what's about to be constructed? It's about 5 or 6 lots south of Grand Ave on 18th...accross from Vandy.

#163 dchunter

dchunter

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:08 AM

Today I took some pictures of the development in progress up in and near Germantown. I can't wait for something to actually start on the Neuhoff development.

Madison Square:

Posted Image

The next phase of Morgan Park Place:

Posted Image

Harrison Square:

Posted Image

Land cleared at 4th and Monroe for 38 unit development:

Posted Image

#164 smeagolsfree

smeagolsfree

City

• Moderators
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

Thanks dchunter for the pics. I drive there a lot and never seem to have a camera with me. I am so glad we have more folks contributing photos to the site. Keep em coming.

#165 ATLBrain

ATLBrain

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the pics. It's great to see things still building.

Question: Is there any news on this project at 8th and Hume?

http://enclave-nashv...pment-goes.html

#166 smeagolsfree

smeagolsfree

City

• Moderators
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:19 AM

Thatís a new one on me. I knew there was something planned there but had no idea it was an Enclave property. I remember seeing the zoning signs there and that was about it. So much to keep track of now, my head just spins and spins, just like Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

#167 barakat

barakat

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Enclave is just the name of S-Town Mike's blog. I believe the developer of 8th and Hume is Core/Village Real Estate.

#168 Hankster

Hankster

Town

• Members+
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the pics. It's great to see things still building.

Question: Is there any news on this project at 8th and Hume?

http://enclave-nashv...pment-goes.html

Wow! That 8th and Hume property looks awesome. I'm glad to see that Germantown is still developing at a rapid p;ace, and it looks like there's a lot of great new projects on the way. If Neuhoff becomes a reality, the whole area would really really explode. By then, the number of people living there would support a lort of retail and other projects.

#169 ATLBrain

ATLBrain

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

Today I took some pictures of the development in progress up in and near Germantown. I can't wait for something to actually start on the Neuhoff development.

Harrison Square:

Posted Image

Sure that's not District Lofts? Looks a lot like the rendering. Doesn't Harrison Square look like a block building with a parking lot in front (3 stories or so)?

Another thing I've noticed about the G'town area... the sidewalks (many of which are very old and in need of repair) should be replaced sometime in the future with new walks and medians (for trees). That would add so much to any DT residential area. It would resemble the residential streets of the city center in Philly.

#170 barakat

barakat

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:21 PM

^District lofts isn't off the ground yet.

#171 dchunter

dchunter

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:21 AM

That's a new one on me. I knew there was something planned there but had no idea it was an Enclave property. I remember seeing the zoning signs there and that was about it. So much to keep track of now, my head just spins and spins, just like Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

There are also some ambitious plans for some retail development at 8th and Monroe near the AutoZone. I caught a glimpse of the designs and it will be very modern looking and much more pedestrian friendly than most of the existing development on 8th.

#172 dchunter

dchunter

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:54 AM

^District lofts isn't off the ground yet.

Just dirt and bulldozers on site yesterday:

Posted Image

#173 dchunter

dchunter

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:59 AM

Another thing I've noticed about the G'town area... the sidewalks (many of which are very old and in need of repair) should be replaced sometime in the future with new walks and medians (for trees). That would add so much to any DT residential area. It would resemble the residential streets of the city center in Philly.

The city is already working on replacing the sidewalks in Germantown. It is probably too late to add medians.

Posted Image

#174 ATLBrain

ATLBrain

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:08 AM

^^ That's too bad. A little foresight and planning would have made a world of difference (especially on a sweltering July afternoon)...and far more attractive than those faux bricks. "Green Building" anyone?

#175 smeagolsfree

smeagolsfree

City

• Moderators
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:59 AM

There are also some ambitious plans for some retail development at 8th and Monroe near the AutoZone. I caught a glimpse of the designs and it will be very modern looking and much more pedestrian friendly than most of the existing development on 8th.

I think that may be Metropoliton 8. That is on 8th on the right going toward DT from Metro Center just past the I 65 merge.

#176 dchunter

dchunter

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

I think that may be Metropoliton 8. That is on 8th on the right going toward DT from Metro Center just past the I 65 merge.

This one is only on paper right now. Retail fronting 8th with parking behind.

#177 ATLBrain

ATLBrain

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

Just dirt and bulldozers on site yesterday:

Posted Image

Thanks for that DC... can't wait to see that part of town sometime in the near future. I saw on the link above that the 8th and Hume project is going before the Metro Council on March 6.

http://enclave-nashv...h-and-hume.html

#178 ATLBrain

ATLBrain

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

^^ Looking closely at the 8&H diagram, I see that the plan calls for 89 residential units and 5,000 sqft of retail. With a total of 110K sqft, this building is a significant infill on (what appears to be) a whole "block" in Germantown.

Edited by ATLBrain, 20 February 2007 - 01:49 PM.

#179 Onyte9

Onyte9

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:27 PM

Metropolitan 8 doesnt consist of any retail.

I would love to see the rendering of this new retail development along 8th. I know it will never happen but I would like to see some of the stores already along 8th rebuild with more ped friendly buildings. Maybe this new development along with Werthan, 8th & Hume, Metropolitan 8, and the development of the lot across 8 from Werthan will get kick this area in gear. Now that I listed it thats a good bit of development on that stretch of 8th. Too bad one of the ultimate urban mistakes Cheatham projects arent going anywhere anytime soon, if ever.

#180 titanhog

titanhog

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

I'm actually starting to think about buying a condo dt. Does anyone have an idea of which condos give you the best sq footage for the buck? I was thinking I would like something near Music Row with a view of dt. Something with at least 1500 sq ft. Any ideas? Adelecia? Terrazo? What about the condo's on 18th near Edgehill?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users