Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Dogs on Wheels Hot Dog Cart

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Dogs On Wheels

Dogs On Wheels

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

Hello,
Great Forum. I just found this place last night. I wish I had found this when I was researching moving here. Its got some great things here.
My name is Chris and I own the Hot Dog Cart in Downtown Greenville.
Im located at the corner of S. Main St and W Mcbee.
If anyone is downtown from here please feel free to stop by and say hello.
See ya!

#2 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:39 AM

Welcome, Dogs on Wheels! Great to have you in Greenville and hope things work out well enough to expand. :thumbsup:

#3 NYTransplant

NYTransplant

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:31 AM

Welcome Chris.

I read the article in the paper about you. My wife & I are planning to visit you for a taste of NY. I'll have two dogs, and she'll have a pretzel. :shades: We both think its great you're here and wish you well. :thumbsup:

#4 TREY

TREY

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

One of Greenville's new attractions! A sure sign that Greenville is becoming a big city!
Welcome Chris.
I assume you had to get a permit and was that permit just for that location or can you move your cart were every you please?
My studio manager want to know if you sell turkey or veggie dogs also?

Good luck :thumbsup:

#5 Dogs On Wheels

Dogs On Wheels

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:59 AM

One of Greenville's new attractions! A sure sign that Greenville is becoming a big city!
Welcome Chris.
I assume you had to get a permit and was that permit just for that location or can you move your cart were every you please?
My studio manager want to know if you sell turkey or veggie dogs also?

Good luck :thumbsup:

The permits were a challenge to get but a little persisitance never hurt anyone.
I have to stay on that corner. I'm not allowed to move. I originally requested in front of Falls Park but they shot me down on that.

Im actually carrying Veggie Dogs every Tues and Wed now starting this week.
Thanks for the positive feedback.

#6 StrangeCock

StrangeCock

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

I just walked right past your cart about 15 minutes ago. I came this close to getting a pretzel. Maybe next time.

#7 distortedlogic

distortedlogic

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Welcome Dogs on Wheels! I have to ask, since you are coming from a much larger area, what are some things you think Gville needs to help reach "the next level." ((Street vendors help :P )

#8 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

Chris, I'm planning to check out 'Dogs on Wheels' this Friday. See you then! :shades:

#9 RestedTraveler

RestedTraveler

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

I've seen you on the streets and I've seen you on TV (please forgive the Duran Duran lyrics). This is a great addition to downtown and I'll definitely stop in with my daughter some time and give you some business. Welcome to U.P. and PLEASE share any rumors or news you overhear on the street! :shades:

#10 NYTransplant

NYTransplant

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:41 AM

Ah yes, Urban Planet's "Man on the Street" :D

#11 g-man430

g-man430

Town

• Banned
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:57 PM

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but here is an article on our favorite hot dog vendor downtown: http://upstatelink.c.../LINK/607110312

Edited by g-man430, 14 July 2006 - 11:02 PM.

#12 Greenville

Greenville

City

• Members+
  • 4,783 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:48 AM

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but here is an article on our favorite hot dog vendor downtown: http://upstatelink.c.../LINK/607110312

Nice article on Dogs on Wheels. I am not a hot dog eater, but I have never heard of putting cole slaw or mayonnaise on a dog! That sounds really gross. I have only heard of chili, mustard, onions, ketchup, and relish as toppings. Regardless, I suppose they have to offer those toppings if the public demands it. :thumbsup:

We wish you all the best, Dogs on Wheels! :)

Chris, I'm planning to check out 'Dogs on Wheels' this Friday. See you then! :shades:

Did you get a dog from Dogs on Wheels today, Skyliner?

#13 NYTransplant

NYTransplant

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:30 AM

Nice article on Dogs on Wheels. I am not a hot dog eater, but I have never heard of putting cole slaw or mayonnaise on a dog! That sounds really gross. I have only heard of chili, mustard, onions, ketchup, and relish as toppings. Regardless, I suppose they have to offer those toppings if the public demands it. :thumbsup:

Don't forget sauerkraut. :D Yummy.

#14 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:11 AM

Unfortunately, I was unable to make it by there, as something very important came up and detained me until too late. :( I guess that's life for you. I definitely will be stopping by multiple times though, so I'll give a report after I try it out. Of course, the dog will be very tasty, I'm sure! :thumbsup:

#15 g-man430

g-man430

Town

• Banned
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:31 AM

Dogs on Wheels is starting to become an icon for Greenville: http://www.wyff4.com...3014/index.html :thumbsup:

#16 upstategeek

upstategeek

Whistle-Stop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

Dogs on Wheels is starting to become an icon for Greenville: http://www.wyff4.com...3014/index.html :thumbsup:

Third group to feature this guy...the Journal wrote about him first, but alas they don't put stories on the web

#17 Greenville

Greenville

City

• Members+
  • 4,783 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:59 PM

This was excellent! I am so glad that Dogs on Wheels is getting some good publicity. Keep up the good work, Chris! We are all behind you! :thumbsup:

#18 Sandlapper

Sandlapper

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

Hey Chris!

I noticed you were working late one night last weekend. I was surprised to see you out that late. Can't wait to stop by and get a hotdog!

#19 klynnnn

klynnnn

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hi Chris,

I missed getting to see you when I was in Greenville the past week or so, but one of my Scavenger Hunt teams thought YOU were one of the answers to their Clues in our "amazing race/scavenger hunt" - I'd put on one of the clues "don't forget to stop and smell the roses" and one of the teams thought it was a clue (it wasn't) and saw a hot dog vendor selling roses and they told me they hung around the cart for a while and finally asked if they needed to smell your roses - of course, you didn't have a clue as to what THEY were talking about! :)

I wish I would've found this post before my event, I would've added you some how!

K :)

#20 gs3

gs3

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

Hello,
Great Forum. I just found this place last night. I wish I had found this when I was researching moving here. Its got some great things here.
My name is Chris and I own the Hot Dog Cart in Downtown Greenville.
Im located at the corner of S. Main St and W Mcbee.
If anyone is downtown from here please feel free to stop by and say hello.
See ya!

Hi Chris, just curious how business is going? Everytime I walk by or stop at your cart, somebody is buying. Cold weather always seems to make people crave hotdogs.