Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Pamela Graham

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 adminspike

adminspike

Crossroads

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

I heard on WSPA that Pamela Graham is no longer with the company. Anyone know if she decided to retire or move to another station?

#2 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,133 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:23 AM

She was officially released by WSPA. That is all that has been said publically. There is a possibility that she will host a daily one hour show from 10am-11am though. Anything beyond that is pure rumor and speculation.

#3 roads-scholar

roads-scholar

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:37 AM

She was officially released by WSPA. That is all that has been said publically. There is a possibility that she will host a daily one hour show from 10am-11am though. Anything beyond that is pure rumor and speculation.

This morning's H-J reported that Pamela has been suffering from a coughing problem the past nine months. The coughing has prevented her from being on the air.

#4 Spartan

Spartan

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:09 AM

This morning's H-J reported that Pamela has been suffering from a coughing problem the past nine months. The coughing has prevented her from being on the air.

Yeah specifically whooping cough. Thats unfortunate.

Here is a link to the article.

Here is the link to WSPA's statement.

Welcome to the forum!

#5 GSP Tiger

GSP Tiger

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

It is sad to see her go. I wish her the best in her future endeavors.

Who's more likely to permenantly take her place? Amy Wood has filled her place more and Kris Mau, the weekend evening anchor, has filled in Amy's place for the WASV/WYCW 62's 10:00pm newscast.

#6 DigitalSky

DigitalSky

City

• Members+
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Whooping Cough fired the anchor? how sad

#7 Sparkledude85

Sparkledude85

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

Whooping Cough fired the anchor? how sad

Here's hoping that when Pam DOES indeed get fully better, and if she wishes that she may well return to broadcasting (she would make a great co-anchor on WLOS with Tammy Watford at 5:30 replacing Scott Wickersham, and perhaps she could even co-anchor at noon with Victoria Dunkle, since WYFF is booked, and WHNS does not have enough newscasts). She could even find herself taking a bigger market job. We miss you Pam!! Thanks for coming into my living room for all 21 years of my life and for the asset you were to WSPA-TV and to the communities of Upstate, SC/Western, NC/Northeastern, GA. As for Amy Wood, I know she will make a great new main anchor (she has been with the station for 16 years, since I started kindergarten) with Tom Crabtree. Also another congrats to Jack Roper on recently receiving his AMS seal of approval and who is on his way to earning his MSU meteorology degree, and his "Caring for the Carolinas" and other community service promos for the station have been a true asset to Upstate, SC/Western, NC/Northeastern, GA.

Edited by Sparkledude85, 08 August 2006 - 11:06 PM.