Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Which Local Car Dealer Has The Most Annoying Ads?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 Batou

Batou

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

Who, in everyone in this area's eyes, has the worst/most anoying ads for their local car dealship? There is so many of em that I can't stand it's hard for me to choose.

Edited by Batou, 02 October 2006 - 02:55 PM.

#2 monsoon

monsoon

Gigalopolis

• Members+
  • 19,737 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

I do like the Donald Craig Suzuki adverts. "Like I Totally Just Said That". :rofl:

Reverand Rob of Apple Auto Sales is pretty funny too.

I don't remember any of the ones I don't like. Maybe the stock GM & Ford adverts used by the local dealers of those brands that are directed towards Southern stereotypes. Oh and the dismal Dr. Z ads. We have a thread here devoted just to Dr. Z. It's kind of died down since he is off the air now.

#3 atlrvr

atlrvr

City

• Moderators
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

Whoever Hemi "The Dreammaker" Fel Fel is pitching is the worst.

I too enjoy Reverend Rob.

#4 peaceloveunderstanding

peaceloveunderstanding

Town

• Members+
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:23 PM

I like the Reverend for the sole reason that his ads offend some fundies. haha

Edited by moonshield, 02 October 2006 - 03:24 PM.

#5 SmellyCat

SmellyCat

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

See ya......at Folger Kia. Man, I can't get that jingle out of my head.

#6 Charlotte_native

Charlotte_native

City

• Members+
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:49 PM

I can't stand the one, and can't remember what he is selling it is so annoying, that screams BAM while tossing around a football with a bunch of high school football players.

Reverand Rob -- I actually like those -- it looks like they have fun. I want his wig.

#7 nyxmike

nyxmike

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

I can't stand the one, and can't remember what he is selling it is so annoying, that screams BAM while tossing around a football with a bunch of high school football players.

Reverand Rob -- I actually like those -- it looks like they have fun. I want his wig.

That would be Harrelson Nissan Rock Hill. I hate that one! The guy screams so loud.

#8 graydog

graydog

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:39 PM

Most annoying:
- Lake Norman whatever with the man walking with sign. I'd like to see the woman walk for once.
- Harrelson in Rock Hill. BAM!

The best:
- Donald Craig. His paid TV show is better than most things on television. I'm tempted to work there. Looks fun.

#9 NcSc74

NcSc74

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

Most annoying:
- Lake Norman whatever with the man walking with sign. I'd like to see the woman walk for once.
- Harrelson in Rock Hill. BAM!

The best:
- Donald Craig. His paid TV show is better than most things on television. I'm tempted to work there. Looks fun.

Sounds like the Chopper show at Towbin Dodge here in Vegas. He puts on show with his used cars and people with costumes. A blue genie is his sidekick and whenever he wants to drop the price his phrase is CHOP IT.

#10 swampfox43

swampfox43

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

My vote goes for the BAM guy too. I mute the TV whenever I see it. Just downright annoying.

#11 peaceloveunderstanding

peaceloveunderstanding

Town

• Members+
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

I haven't really seen any of these ads thanks to the power of DVR. It makes TV bearable. :)

#12 peaceloveunderstanding

peaceloveunderstanding

Town

• Members+
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

I haven't really seen any of these ads thanks to the power of DVR. It makes TV bearable. :)

#13 MZT

MZT

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

The BAM guy is doubly annoying, because he often buys two 15 second spots in a row. (Or "sandwiches" another ad.)

Although I only watch TV when at a restaurant or a bar... I have one at home, but it's only there for guests.

#14 Jerseyman4

Jerseyman4

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Lake Norman Toyota and Scott Clark Toyota. :wacko:
I-77, Exittttt 23... open 7 days a week till 10:30pm

IT..........

NEVER..........

ENDS........................

Btw, great idea for a topic :thumbsup:

#15 monsoon

monsoon

Gigalopolis

• Members+
  • 19,737 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:21 PM

Oh that blond haired woman for Randy Marion who is dressed like hooker with no taste. The one that goes "Thats why Randy is the King of Price!". I agree the Toyota ads are some of the annoying on TV.

#16 cinco

cinco

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

Oh that blond haired woman for Randy Marion who is dressed like hooker with no taste. The one that goes "Thats why Randy is the King of Price!". I agree the Toyota ads are some of the annoying on TV.

man, i've needed to vent about that ad for awhile. something about that woman really grates on my nerves.... it might be b/c shes been putting her mini-me daughter on those ads ever since her daughter could sit up straight. something about it is disgusting... kinda like those flippin' welch's grape juice commercials.

another annoyance... "i'm standing @ the NEW honda of concord!" (... and i'm a f'ing idiot)

sorry. i don't know what it is about commercials that i don't like, but they really boil the blood... while i'm here - i say death to dodge & hardee's ads.

#17 turbocraig

turbocraig

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

^Thanks Cinco, that's the one I was trying to think of: "I'm about to get knifed at the corner of Wilkinson and Little Rock Road, just 11.6 miles from the NEW Honda of Concord!"

#18 cinco

cinco

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

^Thanks Cinco, that's the one I was trying to think of: "I'm about to get knifed at the corner of Wilkinson and Little Rock Road, just 11.6 miles from the NEW Honda of Concord!"

ha, ha. i just pray for someone else to open a honda dealership in concord... unless they were sneaky enough to actually name their business "new honda" - that claim would make them liars.... with bad taste.

#19 graydog

graydog

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

:rofl:

#20 Seabreeze

Seabreeze

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

I think the most annoying is the ad Donald Craig runs for their pretend company 'The Auto Credit Group' that tricks people with bad credit into thinking the representative is searching all dealerships in the area for the best deal, yet they only refer to the closest Donald Craig Suzuki/Mazda dealership...

It goes something like this. "Have bad credit? northcarolinacarcredit.com. Have bankruptcy? northcarolinacarcredit.com. Haven't paid child support in 10 years? northcarolinacarcredit.com.... etc etc etc."

It reminds me of those Head On- Apply directly to the forehead commercials..

Edited by Seabreeze, 02 October 2006 - 11:31 PM.