Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Dubai land!!!!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 malec

malec

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:50 AM

Al Emarat Sports world(conected to sports city I think)

Posted Image

Aqua Dunya

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Falcon City
:sick: :sick: :sick:

Outlet Mall

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sports city

#22 Mith242

Mith242

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 18,737 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:17 AM

Once again a big thanks Malec for posting all the pics. You've been a big help showing us what's going on over there.

#23 mcheiss

mcheiss

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:30 PM

^Yes Malec, Thankyou.

I heard that Eiffel Tower in Falcon City is actually suppose to be larger than the actual one.

Aqua Dunya is my favorite by far.

Thanks again for all the great pics!!

#24 shardoon

shardoon

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

i cant help but associate some of the renderings with some of walt disneys visions for what EPCOT was supposed to be.

EXPERIMENTAL PROTOTYPE COMMUNITY OF TOMMORROW....... with the radial design layout of the cities.

#25 philipz

philipz

Crossroads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

The dubailand website hasnt been updated in the last 2 years and so much has changed since its initial announcement. Well anway, I found an updated profile of dubailand and it also contains profiles of a few of dubailand's sub-developments like snowdome, legends dubai, city of arabia, and dubai sports city. :thumbsup:

#26 AuLukey

AuLukey

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

:shok: That's one heck of a sandcastle

#27 dimebag1980

dimebag1980

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

Dubia Land, as well as the rest of Dubai, is proof of the old adage, "if you build it, they will come!"

#28 mcheiss

mcheiss

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

Dubia Land, as well as the rest of Dubai, is proof of the old adage, "if you build it, they will come!"

Until they start building unoriginal projects, such as Al-Bawadi.

#29 malec

malec

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

^^ How come you've turned so negative all of a sudden? Sure there's some crap stuff going up but there's also some of the best projects in the world. They may have a good few problems but think of where this place was 50 years ago and where it is now, and where it'll be in 50 years.
No doubt they'll learn a lot from this boom, what works and what doesn't. There'll definitely be mistakes made but not everything is a mistake.

BTW they hired the original architect of the petronas to design the largest hotel in bawadi, the one with all the replicas. I can imagine a project like this could ruin his career if he wasn't careful, he'll probably do everything in his power to get them NOT to build replicas. Who knows though

#30 mcheiss

mcheiss

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:40 AM

^^ How come you've turned so negative all of a sudden? Sure there's some crap stuff going up but there's also some of the best projects in the world. They may have a good few problems but think of where this place was 50 years ago and where it is now, and where it'll be in 50 years.
No doubt they'll learn a lot from this boom, what works and what doesn't. There'll definitely be mistakes made but not everything is a mistake.

BTW they hired the original architect of the petronas to design the largest hotel in bawadi, the one with all the replicas. I can imagine a project like this could ruin his career if he wasn't careful, he'll probably do everything in his power to get them NOT to build replicas. Who knows though

I'm not completly negative about everything in Dubai, it's just that Bawadi kind of ruined the idea of Dubailand for me. I hope they still aren't planning to put all of those replica monuments in one place. I know Vegas has some of these, but I can't imagine something like this in Dubai.

I have quite a bit of respect for Dubai. I'm proud that I've been before and will go again. I love Dubai b/c it's quite progressive. It's skyline is definately going to be one of the top in the world within 10 years. Dubai still has plenty of original ideas that I'm quite proud of.

#31 Raintree21

Raintree21

Town

• Members+
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

I find it kind of ironic that they have an Eco-Tourism World described as "a natural world marvelling at the beauty of our planet, the Eco-Tourism World will comprise a series of nature and desert-based attractions integrated within their desert parkland surrounds" when they are undoubtedly (like the rest of us) destroying a large piece of the world in order to build this place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users