Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Baton Rouge Restaurants

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#321 dan326

dan326

Town

• Members+
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

They're renovating the old Burger King into something with a neutral color scheme. The things that come to mind is Cane's, Chick-fil-A, Backyard Burger, a lot of coffee shops, and new McDonalds. Maybe it'll be one of the new Dunkin Donuts.

I drove by and it turns out it will be a Backyard Burger

#322 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Saw that too...nice to see! Hope Back Yard Burger will be a sucess there. Watching the way Burger King slowly decline til it closed was a bit disturbing to watch...some extra-cirricular activity could have led to it's demise.

Edited by richyb83, 03 January 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#323 itsjustme3

itsjustme3

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Says something about the area when a chain like BK closes. Most BK's are ghetto to begin with.

#324 Antrell Williams

Antrell Williams

Burg

• Moderators
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

I want to know who was the smart guy to open a Starbucks on Airline in front of Home Depot.

#325 dan326

dan326

Town

• Members+
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

I heard that was the worst BKs in the area and that is saying a lot, altough I don't think the area is "bad".

Edited by dan326, 04 January 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#326 all2neat

all2neat

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

I want to know who was the smart guy to open a Starbucks on Airline in front of Home Depot.

I'd love for a CC's to be opened in front of the bon carre business center.

#327 Antrell Williams

Antrell Williams

Burg

• Moderators
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

I'd love for a CC's to be opened in front of the bon carre business center.

That would be a better location for a coffee shop.

#328 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,232 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

That would be cool!

Posted Image

Zolia Italian Bistro
Restaurant and wine bar opens in II City Plaza

Louis DeAngelo has opened a new 2,400 square feet upscale Italian bistro and wine bar in II City Plaza. The restaurant is serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 6:30AM to 8PM, Monday through Friday. DeAngelo and partner Mike Wampold developed the concept over the past five years with an emphasis on creativity and appeal to the business crowds. DeAngelo says the menu offers a variety of foods not seen in his namesake pizzerias. Visit their websitefor more information and full menu. The Downtown Development District welcomes this great new addition to downtown!

#329 itsjustme3

itsjustme3

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

That would be cool!

Posted Image

Zolia Italian Bistro
Restaurant and wine bar opens in II City Plaza

Louis DeAngelo has opened a new 2,400 square feet upscale Italian bistro and wine bar in II City Plaza. The restaurant is serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 6:30AM to 8PM, Monday through Friday. DeAngelo and partner Mike Wampold developed the concept over the past five years with an emphasis on creativity and appeal to the business crowds. DeAngelo says the menu offers a variety of foods not seen in his namesake pizzerias. Visit their websitefor more information and full menu. The Downtown Development District welcomes this great new addition to downtown!

Shame they aren't open on Fri or Saturday nights. That place will be dead after 5pm Mon-Fri.

#330 Antrell Williams

Antrell Williams

Burg

• Moderators
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

They will soon change their hours.

#331 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

DeAngelo expands restaurant offerings in Capital Region

Restaurateur Louis DeAngelo has opened his seventh Louis DeAngelo's Casual Italian Dining restaurant in the Baton Rouge area, in addition to a new restaurant concept and wine bar in the II City Plaza office building downtown. His latest namesake restaurant is located in Central, at 9952 Sullivan Road. DeAngelo describes his new restaurant concept—Zolia—as "a little bit more of an upscale Italian bistro" with a "completely different" menu than what customers are used to seeing at his namesake pizzerias. Zolia is about 2,400 square feet in size, with access to the portico between City Plaza and II City Plaza. It's serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, with hours from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. DeAngelo partnered with II City Plaza developer Mike Wampold on the restaurant, and says he's had the concept on the drawing board for about five years. "I really wanted to do something creative and different, at a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner," DeAngelo says. "II City Plaza made the most sense for the location, because the concept really appeals to more of a business crowd, as opposed to the families we serve at our traditional restaurants." DeAngelo opened the Central restaurant the week before Christmas, and Zolia the week between Christmas and Jan. 1. Check out the Zolia website here for more information and a full menu.

Businessreport.com

#332 hagetaka

hagetaka

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

+1 for this - Boutin's picks up Howell Place location

http://www.saurage.c...l&articleID=342
  • byrde and steve3n8 like this

#333 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,232 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Good for Howell Place :thumbsup:

#334 byrde

byrde

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Panera plans BR Location

http://theadvocate.c...r-location.html

#335 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Boutin's opens second B.R. restaurant near airport

Boutin's Restaurant has expanded its reach to north Baton Rouge with the opening of a second location near the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport at the Howell Place Business Park. Located at 7808 Howell Place Blvd., the new Boutin's features the same lunch and dinner selections as its Bluebonnet Boulevard restaurant, including boiled crawfish, shrimp specials, daily hot plate lunches, Poche's Market products and other specialty items. Hours for the new restaurant will be 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. "This new location is conveniently located for residents in Zachary, Central and Baker to stop by on their way to or from work in Baton Rouge, or as a relaxing, affordable lunch option for those who work closer to home in the north Baton Rouge area," says Lynn Boutin, owner and manager. The new restaurant seats more than 150 and has an outdoor patio as well as an in-store market stocking Poche's specialty meats.

Businessreport.com

#336 hagetaka

hagetaka

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

[attachment=7207:HPB.JPG]
  • steve3n8 likes this

#337 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,232 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

The Rum House, a New Orleans restaurant that uses Caribbean flavors in Latin American dishes, will open in front of Perkins Palms on one of the front parcels along Perkins Road. Jarreau says construction of the restaurant should start in June.

http://www.businessr...inessreport0401
  • steve3n8 likes this

#338 buckett5425

buckett5425

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

The Rum House, a New Orleans restaurant that uses Caribbean flavors in Latin American dishes, will open in front of Perkins Palms on one of the front parcels along Perkins Road. Jarreau says construction of the restaurant should start in June.

http://www.businessr...inessreport0401

I love that place. Their location on Magazine Street in New Orleans is perfect. I wish they would have picked an area near the Perkins Overpass or downtown though.
  • steve3n8 likes this

#339 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,232 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Will have to go try it out when it opens! Esp if they serve jerk chicken! The Perkins Road Overpass area would have been nice...
  • steve3n8 likes this

#340 cajun

cajun

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

+1 for this - Boutin's picks up Howell Place location

http://www.saurage.c...l&articleID=342

I hope they didn't bet the house on it. I just don't see Boutin's doing well in that location.

Maybe if the airport was WAY larger....but it isn't.

I love that place. Their location on Magazine Street in New Orleans is perfect. I wish they would have picked an area near the Perkins Overpass or downtown though.

Anything on Perkins between Park and College or even Government between Jefferson and Park would have been a better fit for the particular character of that restaurant.

Radio bar seemed to be doing well when I went a while back. More hipsters than I would have wanted, but maybe that crowd has changed. That area could really support more restaurants and bars if they ever had some quality space available.

Edited by cajun, 28 February 2012 - 08:57 PM.

• buckett5425 and MykD like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users