Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Ghosts abound in Northwest Arkansas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 masons_dad1

masons_dad1

Town

• Members+
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:10 AM

NWA Ghost Connection will be hosting the First Annual Ghost Hunters Conference at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR. The event will be held March 9th and 10th, 2007. I found their investigation of the Arkansas Air Museum at Drake Field to be chilling, probably because I've been there several times.

Some locations in Northwest Arkansas that the NWAGC Ghost Hunters have investigated are:

WASHINGTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE - Fayetteville
THE CRESCENT HOTEL - Eureka Springs
BRUSHEY CREEK CEMETERY - Carroll County
PRAIRIE GROVE BATTLEFIELD - Fayetteville
THE BASIN PARK HOTEL - Eureka Springs
BENTONVILLE CEMETERY - Bentonville
FAYETTEVILLE CONFEDERATE CEMETERY - Fayetteville
THE HOLLOW HOUSE - Rogers
MORRISS CEMETERY - Washington County
SAMUEL W. PEEL MANSION - Bentonville
SHILOH BOYS HOME - Sulpher Springs
THE STATION CAFE - Bentonville
ARKANSAS AIR MUSEUM AT DRAKE FIELD - Fayetteville
TILLY WILLY BRIDGE - South Fayetteville

To find out more about the NWA Ghost Connection visit one of their websites:

www.ghostconnection.net
www.nwaghostconnection.com

#2 Mith242

Mith242

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:09 AM

I don't usually get into this very much. But supposedly there's a house over in the Washington-Willow Historical District here in Fayetteville that's also haunted. I heard it mentioned last Halloween. I know what the house looks like but I can't remember the name.

#3 Arkansas Student

Arkansas Student

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

I've never heard about any ghosts @ the UA Campus, although Old Main & it's lawn looked very spooky on Halloween this year. Surely there is at least one ghost lurking around on The Hill?

#4 mcheiss

mcheiss

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

What is the Hollow House? After living in Rogers as long as I have I've never heard of it.

Also, isn't the Samuel W. Peel Mansion the house infront of the Bentonville Supercenter? The house is creepy but pretty historically cool.

#5 masons_dad1

masons_dad1

Town

• Members+
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

I've never heard about any ghosts @ the UA Campus, although Old Main & it's lawn looked very spooky on Halloween this year. Surely there is at least one ghost lurking around on The Hill?

The NWAGC doesn't have the UA Campus listed as investigated. They're probably still trying to get authorization to set up an investigation there. I'd bet there's at least one ghost on campus. Maybe something like the Hog of the Baskervilles. :lol:

What is the Hollow House? After living in Rogers as long as I have I've never heard of it.

Also, isn't the Samuel W. Peel Mansion the house infront of the Bentonville Supercenter? The house is creepy but pretty historically cool.

I've never heard of the Hollow House either and the NWAGC state this about it's location: "The Hollow House is a private residence that we have been requested to keep confidential. We will not give out the location or history of this residence." In their Investigation Results they state: "Its located in Rogers, Arkansas in the old part of town off of Arkansas Street. Please do not go for just a scare its no place to joke they are serious spirits. Check out our pictures for proof." They also gave the Hollow House a RED rating, which is the highest. Here's what comes with a RED rating: "Threatening paranormal activity including but not limited to overwhelming feelings of grief, items hurled across a room, and threatening physical contact such as shoving or hair pulling." Scary stuff.

The Samuel W. Peel Mansion is in front of Wal-Mart in Bentonville. It's usually just called the Peel Mansion Museum. It's rated ORANGE, which is less threatening, but as paranormally active as RED.

I'm gonna keep an eye on these guys. <_<

Edited by masons_dad1, 02 February 2007 - 07:15 PM.

#6 mcheiss

mcheiss

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:23 AM

Wait, something is telling me that the Hutton House is that really old run down third world building past Arkansas Street.

#7 masons_dad1

masons_dad1

Town

• Members+
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:37 AM

Wait, something is telling me that the Hutton House is that really old run down third world building past Arkansas Street.

I'm not familiar with that location. It's peaked my interest though.