Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Fayetteville is Northwest Arkansas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 masons_dad1

masons_dad1

Town

• Members+
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

I would like to add a small note. The city of Fayetteville and the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce are NOT connected in anyway other than sharing a parking lot. While they interact a lot, that is about it. Any Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit entity entirely supported by fundraising drives and membership fees. The Convention and Visitors Bureau (host of experiencefayetteville.com ) is actually much more related to the city since it is funded by the HMR tax.

So, in effect, this IS being said by the city of Fayetteville...

Thanks, I didn't realize the city of Fayetteville is running experiencefayetteville.com, but I know the city runs accessfayetteville.org, which has nothing for visitors. Truth be told, experiencefayetteville.com has a lot of great links and info, although it's not a pretty website like Bentonville's Chamber of Commerce website. Just wish the city of Fayetteville wouldn't come off as such a snob.

#22 Thia

Thia

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

masons_dad1 Feb 2 2007, 06:38 PM
I agree that a visitor could spend a week here and never need to leave Fayetteville to enjoy themselves. Unfortunately, most visitors will be coming through XNA and will have to wonder what all that neat stuff is between Bentonville and Fayetteville. They may be inclined to take a trip up to the Pinnacle Hills Promenade area and wonder why those people in Fayetteville lied.

There's a whole lot of "nothing" between Fayetteville and Fort Smith.

In some ways the area between Fayetteville and Fort Smith offers more unique character than the stretch between Fayetteville to Bentonville.

The "nothing" between Fayetteville and Fort Smith includes Devil's Den state park, scenic 71B, Mt Gaylor, White Rock, Terra Studios, the Pig Trail, the Mulberry River, Lake Ft Smith, historic downtown Van Buren, and probably many more unique locations and definitely some great views.

In many cases the "neat stuff" between Bentonville and Fayetteville looks just like the suburb the visitors come from- national retail stores, apartments, parking lots, hospitals, and fast food.

My opinion is that NWA collectively is a wonderful place and each city offers value to defining NWA.

I know many of the economic development voices of Fayetteville (Rust, Ramsey, Coody, UA reps, etc) actually pitch the “a high tide raises all boats” rhetoric when they talk to prospects about Fayetteville and NWA.

#23 Thia

Thia

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:23 AM

Thanks, I didn't realize the city of Fayetteville is running experiencefayetteville.com, but I know the city runs accessfayetteville.org, which has nothing for visitors. Truth be told, experiencefayetteville.com has a lot of great links and info, although it's not a pretty website like Bentonville's Chamber of Commerce website. Just wish the city of Fayetteville wouldn't come off as such a snob.

www.fayetteville.com
www.fayettevillear.com

#24 masons_dad1

masons_dad1

Town

• Members+
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:10 AM

The "nothing" between Fayetteville and Fort Smith includes Devil's Den state park, scenic 71B, Mt Gaylor, White Rock, Terra Studios, the Pig Trail, the Mulberry River, Lake Ft Smith, historic downtown Van Buren, and probably many more unique locations and definitely some great views.

My opinion is that NWA collectively is a wonderful place and each city offers value to defining NWA.

I know many of the economic development voices of Fayetteville (Rust, Ramsey, Coody, UA reps, etc) actually pitch the “a high tide raises all boats” rhetoric when they talk to prospects about Fayetteville and NWA.

By the same token, Rogers could be considered a centralized location of everything Northwest Arkansas has to offer: Beaver Lake, War Eagle, Scenic Hwy. 12, Hobbs State Park, Pea Ridge Nat'l Military Park, historic Eureka Springs, Branson, Bull Shoals Lake, Roaring River State Park, Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, War Eagle Cavern, Cosmic Cavern, Old Spanish Treaure Cave, Wild Wilderness Drive-Thru Safari, and all those locations between Fayetteville and Fort Smith.

But like you, I agree that "NWA collectively is a wonderful place." And it's nice to know that Fayetteville's leadership (minus one website designer) supports regionalism in NWA.

#25 Mith242

Mith242

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 18,719 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

We had an interesting discussion pop up here about the Fayetteville school district. I thought it deserved it's own topic so I moved those posts over here.

http://www.urbanplan...str-t50200.html