Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

The Promenade At Chenal

• Please log in to reply
1272 replies to this topic

#1101 Littlerock499

Littlerock499

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Wasn't Dick's planned originally? Why would it be a big deal?

I don't see where Dick's Sporting Goods would go at the promenade. Isn't it a big store, like a Sports Authority?

Also, Select Comfort submitted a plumbing permit. They have had a 'coming soon' sign up for a LONG time.

Edited by Littlerock499, 07 May 2011 - 11:09 AM.

#1102 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Link to additional info on the Apple store:

http://www.ifoapples...ance-for-store/

It would seem that October is the projected opening date. There are multiple links to this story on other sites in the comments below the link above.

#1103 EJC

EJC

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

Dick's is a pretty large store, higher quality and would probably require higher volume than Promenade can support. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of what Red is doing with Promenade, but I just don't see a Dick's getting the volume they'd need. I'd love to be wrong as I like that store.

#1104 adman0468

adman0468

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

A children’s clothing store called Crazy 8, a brand that is part of the Gymboree Corporation, will locate in the Promenade, according to the Arkansas Department of Health’s engineering permit website.

According to the Dept.'s website, Crazy 8 has an address that puts it in the same building as Ya Ya's (each building of the center has a different Chenal address). However, the permits also have Apple in that same building and I'm pretty sure there's not room for both there, so they may not be completely accurate.

#1105 LRguy21

LRguy21

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Has J Crew started construction yet?.

I think if Dicks wanted to build a store where the Dillard's was suppose to go they could do that. I still think that spot is destined for a Macy's, however Dillard's will never let that happen.

#1106 Hyacinth

Hyacinth

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I think if Dicks wanted to build a store where the Dillard's was suppose to go they could do that. I still think that spot is destined for a Macy's, however Dillard's will never let that happen.

Yes, construction of the new J.Crew began several weeks ago and appears to be going well. Likewise for Apple which is right next door.

#1107 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

I totally agree with the Macy's assessment. It would be nice if Macy's would locate and anchor the west end of Promenade and (would have located) at the old Cohn location at McCain Mall.

#1108 bchris02

bchris02

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

I totally agree with the Macy's assessment. It would be nice if Macy's would locate and anchor the west end of Promenade and (would have located) at the old Cohn location at McCain Mall.

I don't think the old Cohn location at McCain Mall was big enough for a Macy's.

I don't know how many people in Little Rock realize this, but the Dillard's stores in Little Rock are not near as nice and well kept as stores in other markets where Dillard's has competition with Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. When I worked for Dillard's I was surprised the Park Plaza location was called their "flagship" location, as it is nowhere near the nicest Dillard's in the chain. Some competition coming in would be great for the Little Rock retail market. Not only would there be more choices but Dillard's would be forced to show some pride in their home market.

#1109 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

I don't know how many people in Little Rock realize this, but the Dillard's stores in Little Rock are not near as nice and well kept as stores in other markets where Dillard's has competition with Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. When I worked for Dillard's I was surprised the Park Plaza location was called their "flagship" location, as it is nowhere near the nicest Dillard's in the chain. Some competition coming in would be great for the Little Rock retail market. Not only would there be more choices but Dillard's would be forced to show some pride in their home market.

I agree Chris...competition would be good. The Park Plaza store might have been a "flagship" back in 1989 when it opened, but I don't think the store has been significantly renovated since, even though the mall itself has...significantly.

#1110 Arkanzin

Arkanzin

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

This is true. Dillard's may call the Park Plaza store it's "flagship" store but it is pitiful when compared to the stores at North Park in Dallas and other "high-end" shopping areas. Dillards in other locales are much more nicer in appearance than the Park Plaza store and the selection of clothing is much more varied. It's always amazed me that a supposed "flagship" store doesn't even carry some of the clothing that its other stores do. For a long time, the Park Plaza Dillards reminded me of an outlet store as there were just as many "30-40-50% off" racks as there were "new" items.

#1111 bchris02

bchris02

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

This is true. Dillard's may call the Park Plaza store it's "flagship" store but it is pitiful when compared to the stores at North Park in Dallas and other "high-end" shopping areas. Dillards in other locales are much more nicer in appearance than the Park Plaza store and the selection of clothing is much more varied. It's always amazed me that a supposed "flagship" store doesn't even carry some of the clothing that its other stores do. For a long time, the Park Plaza Dillards reminded me of an outlet store as there were just as many "30-40-50% off" racks as there were "new" items.

Agreed. When I lived in Little Rock, I wasn't impressed with Dillard's at all and never shopped there. The Park Plaza store is so disorganized, run down, packed full of junk, and some of the staff is extremely unfriendly to top it off. The McCain store the last time I was in there looked more like a JC Penney. Here in Charlotte, Dillard's is like an entirely different store. It's actually nicer than Macy's if you can believe it. Its no wonder people in Little Rock don't really care for Dillard's. They have their HQ in Little Rock but other than that they have basically given their home market the middle finger. Dillard's also doesn't give back to the local community the way Alltel/Windstream and Axciom do.

#1112 ecity3138

ecity3138

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

J. Crew have resubmit their plumbing application for Promenade at Chenal.

http://www.healthy.a...UMB/Pulaski.htm

Edited by ecity3138, 18 May 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#1113 ecity3138

ecity3138

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

I wonder if Chilli's still coming to the Promenade. It was also part of the original tenants mentioned. Also, what about Lucky Brand and Nike? Lucky Brand submit a plumbing application for the Promenade two years ago, but I don't know if they still plan to open a store there. It would be nice if Fossil, Urban Outfitters, Godiva locate there.

#1114 adman0468

adman0468

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

Any word on a tenant/restaurant to replace Blanc? or Do they still have plans to locate in the space they had begun working on?

In today's Demozette (and this week's Arkansas Times) there is word that Scott McGee will be opening Big Orange in the Blanc space. It's a new concept featuring gourmet burgers, salads similar to ZaZa's and milkshakes, along with a good selection of wine and beer. It won't be counter service like ZaZa's, but will instead have a wait staff that uses electronic devices to turn in orders while they're still at the table and also process credit card payments without leaving the table.

To me, it seems like a good addition to the center. It should be pretty casual and a nice way to fill up what was a bothersome shell of a space.

#1115 Littlerock499

Littlerock499

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

Nike submitted a plumbing permit for a factory store at the promenade.

#1116 ecity3138

ecity3138

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

Nike submitted a plumbing permit for a factory store at the promenade.

Great news to this center. With Apple, J. Crew, Nike, and Anthropologie this center have no problem attracting other retailers/ restaurants (Fossil, Urban Outfitters, California Pizza Kitchen) as well as more foot traffic to this shopping center. I believe this can be a destination center to the city if not the state.

Edited by ecity3138, 23 May 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#1117 jnholmes

jnholmes

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

From a close source to the Promenade construction...

Apple should open around August 20th! JCrew should open about a month later.

Good news for this center!

#1118 adman0468

adman0468

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

From a close source to the Promenade construction...

Apple should open around August 20th! JCrew should open about a month later.

Good news for this center!

Did they know anything about The Wine Loft? It looks ready to occupy, but they seemed to have stopped work, kind of like Blanc did.

#1119 jnholmes

jnholmes

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

Did they know anything about The Wine Loft? It looks ready to occupy, but they seemed to have stopped work, kind of like Blanc did.

I'll see what I can find out about the Wine Loft.

I believe that Scott McGehee (Boulevard Bread Co.) is in negotiation with the Promenade about the Blanc Burgers spot. He plans to put some type of restaurant...

Also, Flirt has opened. It is on the Chenal Blvd. side of the center. My wife says there is one in Tulsa. It must be a regional chain.

Edited by jnholmes, 02 June 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#1120 Arkanzin

Arkanzin

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

I'll see what I can find out about the Wine Loft.

I believe that Scott McGehee (Boulevard Bread Co.) is in negotiation with the Promenade about the Blanc Burgers spot. He plans to put some type of restaurant...

Also, Flirt has opened. It is on the Chenal Blvd. side of the center. My wife says there is one in Tulsa. It must be a regional chain.

Here's the info about ORANGE, the new restaurant from Scott McGehee.

Orange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users