-- CLICK HERE to buy advertising space for this spot! --

Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

The Promenade At Chenal

• Please log in to reply
1241 replies to this topic

#1161 thewizard16

thewizard16

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

I made it out to JCrew Thursday night. You are correct. The men's department is tiny. It took about 3 minutes to see everything in the department. Quite disappointed. I was hoping this was a reason to go to the Promenade more often. Sadly, it's not. Other than the movie theater, there still doesn't seem to be a draw to me. DSW, maybe but I can do just as well at Dillards.

Yeah, it isn't going to be the reason for me to frequent the mall, but it at least gives me a reason to go all the way out there from time to time now. If I had known the J Crew was going to be that small I would have much preferred to see it at Park Plaza and hope the Promenade could lure in something larger. Oh well, nice to have them in the market.

I also despise that movie theater. Other than an IMAX it has nothing going for it. Old projection technology, no atmosphere of any sort, poor customer service (a projector bulb went out part way though a movie and we couldn't find anyone in the entire place to report it to... 20 minutes later someone came around and fixed it), and prices that aren't cheap enough to justify the lack of better technology or atmosphere. I would always pick the Rave over the Chenal theater given the choice, I've just gone to the Chenal one a few times due to showtimes fitting with the evening's schedule better and once for the IMAX.

#1162 jnholmes

jnholmes

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

I went to the J Crew store today. I was not disappointed with the size. It does't seem any smaller than the Jackson, MS or Memphis, TN store. It is configured differently but it has everything that the other stores have. I'm so glad that they have entered our market. Huge gain for LR! BTW, I went by the Apple store around 11:30 a.m. today too. It was surprisingly full of people milling about. The center's parking was full as well.

#1163 Littlerock499

Littlerock499

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

The Apple Store was burglarized last night. I kind of saw this coming. http://www.arkansasb...76.54928.140818

Edited by Littlerock499, 06 October 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#1164 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

The Apple Store was burglarized last night. I kind of saw this coming. http://www.arkansasb...76.54928.140818

Unbelievable. And...what poor timing.

What do you mean by you "kind of saw this coming."?

#1165 thewizard16

thewizard16

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Does the Promenade not have a nighttime security officer or anything? It seems like with the time it would take to bust in and steal things that alarms would be going off and at least bring a security car running to check it out. Response time shouldn't take long, the mall isn't that big after all.

#1166 Littlerock499

Littlerock499

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Unbelievable. And...what poor timing. What do you mean by you "kind of saw this coming."?

Agree, what horrible timing. All I meant by that was that it has an all glass front with no security gate or anything in an open air mall, and with the incredible amount of valuable stuff in there, it just seems like a prime target. Apple Stores have been getting robbed all over the U.S. That's why they have been adding security gates to the stores. Then there is the fact that crime rate is high in Little Rock.

Edited by Littlerock499, 06 October 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#1167 adman0468

adman0468

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

The Nike store is open. The Promenade posted it on Facebook today.

#1168 LRguy21

LRguy21

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

I saw some site survey workers out on the back side of the Promenade this past week? They were working around the wooded area behind the center. Are there any rumors going around town?

Also, any news going on about the vacant lots around the center? I know McDonald's is going in on one. What about the rest? and btw, why were they allowed to go in here? Why not by Kroger?

#1169 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

This isn't necessarily related to the Promenade, but I asked a manager at Pei Wei when (or if) they planned more locations in central Arkansas, as I had heard originally from the manager at P.F. Changs that there were plans to do so. This person told me that their next expansion, currently underway, will be in Rogers, and that they then plan to expand further in the Little Rock area. I would think Promenade would be an ideal location.

#1170 LRguy21

LRguy21

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

One at the Promenade would be really cool!! I could see a lot of the empty lots built up for stand alone restaurants.

BTW, i really wish they would expand to Fayetteville. Rogers has P.F. Chang's so put the Pei Wei in Fayetteville.

#1171 Arkanzin

Arkanzin

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

Arkansas Department of Health website shows McDonald's plumbing permit. The location is 17601 Chenal Parkway, PD#11-1491. I guess that will be near LaGrande and Chenal?

#1172 adman0468

adman0468

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Drove through the Promenade last night. It was pretty busy for a weeknight in January. Francesca's looks like it will be ready to open by February. I saw no construction on the McDonald's site yet. And, if the Pei Wei rumors are true, I could imagine a couple of places for it to go. Most likely would be next to Kenneth Edwards, across from Coldwater Creek. I could also see them taking over the stillborn Wine Loft location. Or possibly an outparcel, although I don't know if that chain does those.

I'm ready to hear of more stores for this shopping center. It still needs another half-dozen or so before it starts to feel somewhat full.

#1173 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'd love to see development of the potential site to the west as an anchor department store...but I don't see that happening for several years until this development is in full swing and demanding more traffic and space.

#1174 adman0468

adman0468

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

I'd love to see development of the potential site to the west as an anchor department store...but I don't see that happening for several years until this development is in full swing and demanding more traffic and space.

If a department store were to locate there, I would think it would want to be better connected to the center. I could see two new buildings for retail being built behind J Crew and Kay Jewelers that would extend across the parking lot to the department store's main entrance. Of course the rest of the center would have to be full for this to be viable.

You're right, it's several years away, at least.

#1175 Arkanzin

Arkanzin

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Where exactly is this potential site for a department store at the Promenade?

#1176 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Presumably, the property directly west of the Promenade could be developed for an expansion. Additionally, the development is laid out such that there is an opening to the west in the center that could extend through to an future anchor. It's pure speculation.

#1177 skirby

skirby

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Can anyone answer this about the Apple Store?

Is it going to be expanded or is there another Apple Store in the works for Little Rock?

I think it is too soon since it opened for $1 million in work to be done on it. This is in the neighborhood of what was spent to build out the store in the first place.

#1178 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

Can anyone answer this about the Apple Store?

Is it going to be expanded or is there another Apple Store in the works for Little Rock?

I think it is too soon since it opened for $1 million in work to be done on it. This is in the neighborhood of what was spent to build out the store in the first place.

There will never be more than one Apple store in this market. The interesting thing to note though is the SIZE of the store, which is quite large.

#1179 thewizard16

thewizard16

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

There will never be more than one Apple store in this market. The interesting thing to note though is the SIZE of the store, which is quite large.

I wouldn't say "never", but no time in the near future. Where did you hear $1 million in work was going to be done on it Skirby? I can't imagine what it would be for, as mentioned the store is reasonably large and brand new...

#1180 Architect

Architect

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

I wouldn't say "never", but no time in the near future. Where did you hear $1 million in work was going to be done on it Skirby? I can't imagine what it would be for, as mentioned the store is reasonably large and brand new...

I'll bet skirby's million it's never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users