Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

People talking about Grand Rapids

• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

#761 walker

walker

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Thanks a lot RegalTDP for the follow-up post.  Your photo of the banner along with your exhibit photos and review were great. 

• fotoman311 and RegalTDP like this

#762 The ATX

The ATX

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

I was watching the Travel Channel last night, and their Museum Secrets (or some similar name) show featured a very nice shot of the skyline along the river before zooming in on the Ford museum.   The story was about the gun used by Squaeky Fromme in her failed assassination attempt.

#763 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

"Bragging Rights: See where Michigan cities rank on best-of lists."

It's typical Mlive clickbait for sure, but I wasn't sure if it's meant be taken seriously or not.  It reads like a self-parody of GR's obsession with these dumb lists.

10689871_10101152821697895_1451539768855

-- Great picture, guys!  What an inspiring photo that perfectly encapsulates GR's bullish labor market.  YOU could be driving that school bus!

10805810_10101152821717855_1599102221288

-- Yep, sounds about right.

Edited by RegalTDP, 29 November 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#764 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,496 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

"Bragging Rights: See where Michigan cities rank on best-of lists."

It's typical Mlive clickbait for sure, but I wasn't sure if it's meant be taken seriously or not.  It reads like a self-parody of GR's obsession with these dumb lists.

-- Great picture, guys!  What an inspiring photo that perfectly encapsulates GR's bullish labor market.  YOU could be driving that school bus!

-- Yep, sounds about right.

I saw that article too and thought it was funny.

The most conservative and most liberal cities in America came out, and Grand Rapids!!!! Didn't make the list (either).

http://www.salon.com...merica_partner/

#765 mpchicago

mpchicago

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

I saw that article too and thought it was funny.

The most conservative and most liberal cities in America came out, and Grand Rapids!!!! Didn't make the list (either).

http://www.salon.com...merica_partner/

The list was for cities with population over 250,000.  I guess we will have to wait for the list of cities under 250,000.

#766 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

The list was for cities with population over 250,000.  I guess we will have to wait for the list of cities under 250,000.

Since it's for cities and not metro areas, the City of GR wouldn't make top ten on those lists either.  Maybe Holland might.

#767 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,496 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Since it's for cities and not metro areas, the City of GR wouldn't make top ten on those lists either.  Maybe Holland might.

Holland's city population is only 33,000.

It's interesting that they would only cover "cities" in this study and not MSA's, when most cities in the U.S. are only a fraction of their metro areas nowadays. Grand Rapids is only about 1/4 of its metro.

But anyway, I was joking. :)

#768 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

Holland's city population is only 33,000.

It's interesting that they would only cover "cities" in this study and not MSA's, when most cities in the U.S. are only a fraction of their metro areas nowadays. Grand Rapids is only about 1/4 of its metro.

But anyway, I was joking. :)

Yeah, only covering cities and not MSAs makes the whole exercise far less interesting of an endeavor.  #1 Mesa is Phoenix's largest suburb, but it's only about 11% of its own MSA.  So who cares, really...?

But anyways, yeah, I know you were joking.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users