Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Baton Rouge Single Family Developments

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Two more subdivisions proposed for Hoo Shoo Too Road area

When the 90-home gated community of Mallard Park was proposed north of Hoo Shoo Too Road in May, the city-parish Planning Commission denied the development because the developer refused to connect it to outside streets. The Metro Council gave Mallard Park final approval anyway, overriding the Planning Commission. Now come proposals for 239 more homes in the same area. Oak Ridge Estates would be a 149-lot development south of Elliott Road, a little more than half a mile northwest of the intersection of Elliott and Hoo Shoo Too; Mallard Trails would be a 90-lot development in the 22250 block of Hoo Shoo Too, east of Wood Duck Drive. Both developments appear to have extra connectivity rather than one entrance and exit, says Planning Commission spokesman Ryan Holcomb. "I think we'll be able to get the approval," says Mallard Trails developer George Robinson, declining to give details about the 56-acre subdivision. Applicant Brandon Dodson could not be reached for comment on the proposed 66-acre Oak Ridge Estates. Holcomb says details about both developments could be on the Planning Commission's website by Nov. 2. The commission could hear the proposals Nov. 13. —Adam Pearson

#42 dan326

dan326

Town

• Members+
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I wonder if this road'll have to be widened one day, atleast to a 3 lane.

#43 Antrell Williams

Antrell Williams

Burg

• Moderators
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

I wonder if this road'll have to be widened one day, atleast to a 3 lane.

It will, along with Jefferson and Tiger Bend.

#44 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Anselmo Lane subdivision to break ground before spring

Construction on the Myrtle Bluff subdivision, a 42-lot development off Anselmo Lane, will begin in February or March, says developer Brian Dantin. While the first phase will be built about 500 yards from Perkins Road and viewable from the main corridor, the subdivision won't be accessible from the four-lane road. Dantin Bruce Companies will develop the 16-acre tract between Myrtle Grove Drive and Madeira Drive. The average lot size will measure 0.16 acre. Dantin says the price range for the new homes will be a little more than $200,000, adding that the Baton Rouge market is usually more expensive for new homes because of the dearth of property available for development. "It's hard to find land that's able to be developed for that market," Dantin says. —Adam Pearson

Businessreport.com

#45 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

^ With this new little Myrtle Bluff subdivision off Anselmo Ln ...Does this mean the proposed north-south Midway Ave is off the table?? Looks like it...

Development north of airport planned....

LaFleur Oaks planned

Brian and Clement LaFleur are planning LaFleur Oaks, a gated, affordable single-family and townhouse development on 21 acres north of Blount Road and east of Gibbens Road.

LaFleur Oaks could ultimately have upward of 100 three- and four-bedroom single-family homes and as many as 77 two-bedroom townhouses, Brian LaFleur said.

Construction could begin in about four months if the development is approved by the city-parish Planning Commission and Metro Council. The build out would take about 18 months, LaFleur said. The development, which will be next to Cypress Ridge, will be bordered by a wrought iron and masonry fence and include water features, a pond and a walking trail. Plans at this point call for a single entrance, though he noted that could change if it is required by the city-parish.

*rest of article

http://theadvocate.c...ur-oaks-planned

Edited by richyb83, 09 January 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#46 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

^ With this new little Myrtle Bluff subdivision off Anselmo Ln ...Does this mean the proposed north-south Midway Ave is off the table?? Looks like it...

Development north of airport planned....

LaFleur Oaks planned

Brian and Clement LaFleur are planning LaFleur Oaks, a gated, affordable single-family and townhouse development on 21 acres north of Blount Road and east of Gibbens Road.

LaFleur Oaks could ultimately have upward of 100 three- and four-bedroom single-family homes and as many as 77 two-bedroom townhouses, Brian LaFleur said.

Construction could begin in about four months if the development is approved by the city-parish Planning Commission and Metro Council. The build out would take about 18 months, LaFleur said. The development, which will be next to Cypress Ridge, will be bordered by a wrought iron and masonry fence and include water features, a pond and a walking trail. Plans at this point call for a single entrance, though he noted that could change if it is required by the city-parish.

*rest of article

http://theadvocate.c...ur-oaks-planned

If you ask me, I think they might just extend it south and stop at Picardy :dontknow:

#47 garrett_225

garrett_225

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I hope not! It is so desperately needed. Judging by the satellite image, it seems like there are two separate parcels of property in that strip between Perkins and Anselmo. I'm betting the subdivision will be on the land that appears to be wooded, judging by the current google satellite imagery. 

#48 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Garrett_225...True..was looking at the google imagery too (forgot how to post a aerial image..been too long). The wooded area would be the best bet where the new subdivision will go..there is already a Myrtle Grove Drive to the right of wooded area...wonder if those multiple dead-end little streets would tie-into this?? Behind the little power station off Anselmo.  What appears to be another VERY narrow parcel you mentioned(to left of wooded area) would be just wide enough for a new road(Midway Ave); however unless there where to be a little dog-leg...the street would hit Perkins Road right at Dawson Creek bridge.

Yeah Steve3n8...wondering when Midway Ave will ever get started north of Picardy Ave?? Tying it into One Calais Place...

#49 garrett_225

garrett_225

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Garrett_225...True..was looking at the google imagery too (forgot how to post a aerial image..been too long). The wooded area would be the best bet where the new subdivision will go..there is already a Myrtle Grove Drive to the right of wooded area...wonder if those multiple dead-end little streets would tie-into this?? Behind the little power station off Anselmo.  What appears to be another VERY narrow parcel you mentioned(to left of wooded area) would be just wide enough for a new road(Midway Ave); however unless there where to be a little dog-leg...the street would hit Perkins Road right at Dawson Creek bridge.

Yeah Steve3n8...wondering when Midway Ave will ever get started north of Picardy Ave?? Tying it into One Calais Place...

Passed by the other day when I was in town. Looks like our plans for Midway drive are going down the tube for the sake of this little subdivision. 

#50 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

First mentioned here on UP back July 2011' POST #18.....Interesting winding street that winds it's way down into a bluff overlooking Jones Creek...hope to post aerial soon...

'Real Estate Weekly': Lakes of Magnolia Trace back on trackThe Lakes of Magnolia Trace was once a wasteland of discarded trash, tires, and burnt couches and mattresses: little more than a dump site and breeding ground for snakes finding habitat in waist-high grass. Yet today, the property is clean, three families live in homes in the subdivision, and 16 more houses are under construction, according to D.R. Horton Inc. The national homebuilder bought the subdivision in March 2012 and built a 3,179-square-foot model home by November. "Sales have been brisk since our opening in June," says D.R. Horton sales counselor Jessica Herry. The homes range in size between about 2,000 to nearly 3,200 square feet and are priced between $240,000 and $320,000. The current activity is a far cry from the abandoned development that infuriated neighbors. "The grass got real high, I mean super high," says David Guillory, interim director of the Department of Public Works, of the former state of the 81-lot subdivision off O'Neal Lane. "It was really too big to maintain." It remained desolate for about three years after roads and sidewalks were paved, underground utilities were laid into place, and streetlights were installed in 2008; not a single house had been framed on the lots—priced between $120,000 and $180,000. By October 2011 the 60-plus acre development was foreclosed upon.

Read more from Business Report here: http://www.businessr...9#ixzz2JQEiUJK8

Edited by richyb83, 29 January 2013 - 09:35 PM.

• Antrell Williams and steve3n8 like this

#51 cajun

cajun

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Trying to picture were that is....is it on the east side of O'Neal south of Harrel's Ferry?

Glad they are moving product, but Horton isn't exactly known for building anything worth owning.

#52 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Trying to picture were that is....is it on the east side of O'Neal south of Harrel's Ferry?

Glad they are moving product, but Horton isn't exactly known for building anything worth owning.

Correct on the location. I passed by there several times recently and they have several houses already built with more coming.

#53 cajun

cajun

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Horton has been building on massive plots in Livingston south of I-12. Some of their communities are okay, most are low end. I'm kind of surprised a national homebuilder has survived in Louisiana that long. The smaller local builders must be struggling. Maybe they've picked up some of the better tradesman and their design quality has improved in the last few years.

Isn't O'neal being widened in the area around where this new development is going? Houses there seem to sell surprisingly fast. I used to live fairly close to that.

The plot in question has been left undeveloped for years. I rode my bike down there a few times back in the day and used to see deer and coyotes.

Edited by cajun, 30 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#54 cajun

cajun

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

For single family homes, what is UP's opinion on A Hayes Town?

http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/A._Hays_Town

I don't mean a politically-laden opinion from an urban planning perspective....I'm curious if you appreciate his work (and the work of those that attempt to mimic his designs)?

His influence on design trends have helped give south LA a unique feel, IMO. It's refreshing not to see vinyl siding-wrapped boxes made to look like a two story colonial when I'm down there, even if there are so many cheap knock offs around.

Edited by cajun, 08 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#55 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,182 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Yeah i can appreciate his designs...it has a unique flavor that speaks south Louisiana

Here is a thread started 5 years ago....

http://www.urbanplan...nd-a-hays-town/

I was unaware he did this downtown office building from way back in 1956 (dont mean to get off topic)...it was called BR's first example of advanced contemporary design

A_Hays_Town.jpg

• steve3n8 likes this

#56 buckett5425

buckett5425

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Yeah i can appreciate his designs...it has a unique flavor that speaks south Louisiana

Here is a thread started 5 years ago....

http://www.urbanplan...nd-a-hays-town/

I was unaware he did this downtown office building from way back in 1956 (dont mean to get off topic)...it was called BR's first example of advanced contemporary design

A_Hays_Town.jpg

Absolutely love this building, we almost moved our offices there. 

#57 richyb83

richyb83

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,182 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeah i love that building too! One of my favorites in downtown BR! Small footprint/sleek for it's time; still today. Wish there were more like it...

A few of these townhouses were complete; but then abruptly came to a halt..good to see this development will be starting back up again; 8 more townhomes + 28-single homes...going to be a really tight squeeze on that small tract of land!

Single-family homes, townhomes planned at Lobdell and Goodwood

The last time the Planning Commission approved a residential development at the corner of Goodwood Boulevard and Lobdell Avenue, it was for an ambitious complex of townhomes called Madison Square. The project never came to fruition. Instead of a dozen buildings comprising 48-townhomes, just one of the buildings was constructed before the property was foreclosed on. Jim Price of Cardinal Acquisition has since purchased it, and now he's planning to revive the property with a gated community called Goodwood Villas, consisting of eight townhomes and about 28 single-family homes. His target market? "You're going to have empty-nesters and young professionals," Price says. He believes construction could begin in four to six months, and says the existing townhome building is only in need of aesthetic amenities, such as carpeting. But first the Planning Commission needs to sign off on the development plans, scheduled to go before the board on Monday. The Planning Commission staff is recommending the board deny approval for the project because plans don't include T-turnarounds at the end of a couple of dead-end streets. Price says he's working with an engineer to provide connector streets. But if that doesn't work, he says he'll sacrifice a lot on the property to build a T-turnaround. Dennis Vidrine, president of the Goodwood Property Owners Association, was unavailable for comment on the development.

Read more from Business Report here: http://www.businessr...3#ixzz2KiHROxZH

• Antrell Williams and steve3n8 like this

#58 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

A few of these townhouses were complete; but then abruptly came to a halt..good to see this development will be starting back up again; 8 more townhomes + 28-single homes...going to be a really tight squeeze on that small tract of land!

Yes it will, but that's what we need more of...Very Dense Nieghborhoods! :thumbsup:

#59 dan326

dan326

Town

• Members+
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

28 houses seems like a lot, that'll be a ultra dense neighborhood, lol.

• Antrell Williams likes this

#60 steve3n8

steve3n8

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Home construction begins in new phase of Lakes at Jamestown

Residential home construction began this week on the fourth phase of the Lakes at Jamestown, developer Carlos Alvarez's highly successful planned-use development of moderately priced homes off Perkins Road near Siegen Lane. Phase 4 is located on the north side of the development and will include 48 single-family homes measuring between 2,000 square feet and 2,400 square feet. The homes will be priced between $270,000 and $350,000. About 26 lots are already sold. "We are pleasantly surprised by the level of activity," Alvarez says. "We were hoping for it but we did not expect it to go this fast." Alvarez also broke ground this week on the infrastructure portion of Jamestown Square, a separate residential subdivision within the PUD that is closer to Pecue Lane. Jamestown Square, which will have 51 zero-lot line homes, was originally supposed to be developed as office space, but changing market conditions prompted Alvarez earlier this year to revise his initial plans. At the time, Alvarez said developing office space is a challenge given current market conditions. However, he sold a one-acre tract earlier this month within the PUD that will be developed into office space. Alvarez says Richard Hedley purchased the site for around $400,000 and plans to build an 8,000-square-foot office building on it. It will be the development's first office building. Alvarez says while Jamestown is very popular with home buyers, it has yet to attract any commercial or retail tenants. —Stephanie Riegel

Businessreport.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users