-- CLICK HERE to buy advertising space for this spot! --

Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

38 Commerce Development

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#341 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Article about DT condos

"Jessica Ionni, 23, moved in to her fourth-floor, $775 a month one-bedroom unit on April 5."

Anyone else see that price as a little steep? (Yes, I know that it's for a brand-new condo downtown, but then I drink tap water.)

These prices would at least be enticing to people moving into GR from out of town (like folks in the medical field, for instance). If you're new to the area and you want to live in the middle of the city, $775/month is likely to be way more reasonable than wherever you're coming from.

I drink tap water too, and the first thing I thought from reading that article was that I would LOVE to pay $775 a month for housing - and to live in GR on top of that! I need to move back.Posted Image

#342 EGR-ARCHI

EGR-ARCHI

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

These prices would at least be enticing to people moving into GR from out of town (like folks in the medical field, for instance). If you're new to the area and you want to live in the middle of the city, $775/month is likely to be way more reasonable than wherever you're coming from.

I drink tap water too, and the first thing I thought from reading that article was that I would LOVE to pay $775 a month for housing - and to live in GR on top of that! I need to move back.Posted Image

If the market will bear it. It doesn't seem to unreasonable. What does a new apartment in a upscale developement run in the burbs these days?

#343 fotoman311

fotoman311

Burg

• Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

If the market will bear it. It doesn't seem to unreasonable. What does a new apartment in a upscale developement run in the burbs these days?

$930-1039 it appears...for only 743-850 sq ft. Although you do get your own garage included.

http://www.forrent.c.../1000054886.php

No idea how the quality of the buildouts compare in detail, but I bet they are both pretty nice.

Edited by fotoman311, 30 April 2010 - 05:55 PM.

#344 PBJ

PBJ

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

I paid $600 for my studio at American Seating right when it opened up (what.. 8 years ago?).. $775 isn't bad. I'd pay it to live down there..

#345 joeDowntown

joeDowntown

Town

• Moderators
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

And to be a cheerleader, I drove by 38 on Saturday, it looked fantastic and I bet the balconies have a great view. $775 seems on the cheap to me for its proximity to nightlife and events.

Joe

I paid $600 for my studio at American Seating right when it opened up (what.. 8 years ago?).. $775 isn't bad. I'd pay it to live down there..

#346 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,970 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

38 looks incredible at night. Can't wait for the grand opening party!

#347 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,970 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Grand Opening event:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=110947838946601

#348 joeDowntown

joeDowntown

Town

• Moderators
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

I took some shots of 38 the other day. I love how it fits in with the rest of the block. Anyone know what is going on with the retail/restaurant portion? I heard AK Rikks is putting a temporary location in (with possibility of being permanent?).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Joe

#349 gvsusean

gvsusean

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

I took some shots of 38 the other day. I love how it fits in with the rest of the block. Anyone know what is going on with the retail/restaurant portion? I heard AK Rikks is putting a temporary location in (with possibility of being permanent?).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Joe

What a beautiful building, not going to win any awards or be the standout piece like jw but, perfect for that spot.

#350 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

+1.

The clarity of the reflection off the windows is magnificent.

Edited by RegalTDP, 04 July 2010 - 08:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users