Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Southern Malls

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Rocky@theTop

Rocky@theTop

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

No, the largest mall in SC is actually Haywood at midway between 1.2 million and 1.3 million square feet.
http://www.simon.com...eet/Haywood.pdf

Coastal Grand is currently 1.1 million. It does have long range plans to add on and increase size to 1.5 million. It isn't there now though. Haywood tops Coastal Grand by about 150,000 sq ft.
http://www.burroughs...83/Default.aspx

Thanks for the update... I stand corrected!

#22 VistaLakes01

VistaLakes01

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

1- Dadeland Mall and Downtown Dadeland-Miami
2- Mall At Milenia- Orlando
3>Aventura-Miami
4 Boca Town Center-Boca Raton
5 Lenox- Atlanta
6. The Florida Mall- Orlando
7. International Mall- Tampa (Althogh seems to be in decline a bit already, Robb & Stucky is a main anchor and the mall is pretty narrow crowded, doesn't look like much was put in to the archeticural perspective of the mall)
8.Southpark-Charlotte (seems to have improved and is making an effort for Charlotte to have an actual upscale retal attraction.)
9. Mall At Weelingotn Green- West Palm Beach
10.Riverchase Galleria-BHam (Has seen better days, hopefully they will return.

Best looking renovated older mall: Orlando Fashion Square, still a beautiful mall, needs to get some of the former retail back. It sits in a trendy part of town in the downtown neighborhoods, the retaurants and other retail surrounding the mall has a lot of trendy customers, including downtown Baldwin Park , the mall is mainly ignored by this crowd because of the attraction to Millenia which is not too far away.
As Far as I've seen in the south and Florida, Orlando has some very upscale outdoor shopping attractions, Winter Park Village as well as Park Ave. in Downtown Winter Park, Baldwin Park, College Park, Avalon Park,Veranda Park. There are several large outdoor malls, Simon's Waterford Lakes Village, The Gardens at Fowler Groves in Winter Garden, The Loop in Kissimmee , also Uptown Altamonte and the Altamonte Mall, Posner Park near Davenport, Colonial Town Park and Seminole Town Center. Orlando is Florida's "other" retail paradise, next to Miami/South Florida. I would rate the best shopping cities in the south as
1. Miami
2. Atlanta
3. Orlando
4. Charlotte
5. Tampa. St. Pete
6 New Orleans, if nothing has changed much.
7. Nashville
8. Birmingham
9. Raleigh
10. Richmond

#23 101_ce

101_ce

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

1- Dadeland Mall and Downtown Dadeland-Miami
2- Mall At Milenia- Orlando
3>Aventura-Miami
4 Boca Town Center-Boca Raton
5 Lenox- Atlanta
6. The Florida Mall- Orlando
7. International Mall- Tampa (Althogh seems to be in decline a bit already, Robb & Stucky is a main anchor and the mall is pretty narrow crowded, doesn't look like much was put in to the archeticural perspective of the mall)
8.Southpark-Charlotte (seems to have improved and is making an effort for Charlotte to have an actual upscale retal attraction.)
9. Mall At Weelingotn Green- West Palm Beach
10.Riverchase Galleria-BHam (Has seen better days, hopefully they will return.

Best looking renovated older mall: Orlando Fashion Square, still a beautiful mall, needs to get some of the former retail back. It sits in a trendy part of town in the downtown neighborhoods, the retaurants and other retail surrounding the mall has a lot of trendy customers, including downtown Baldwin Park , the mall is mainly ignored by this crowd because of the attraction to Millenia which is not too far away.
As Far as I've seen in the south and Florida, Orlando has some very upscale outdoor shopping attractions, Winter Park Village as well as Park Ave. in Downtown Winter Park, Baldwin Park, College Park, Avalon Park,Veranda Park. There are several large outdoor malls, Simon's Waterford Lakes Village, The Gardens at Fowler Groves in Winter Garden, The Loop in Kissimmee , also Uptown Altamonte and the Altamonte Mall, Posner Park near Davenport, Colonial Town Park and Seminole Town Center. Orlando is Florida's "other" retail paradise, next to Miami/South Florida. I would rate the best shopping cities in the south as
1. Miami
2. Atlanta
3. Orlando
4. Charlotte
5. Tampa. St. Pete
6 New Orleans, if nothing has changed much.
7. Nashville
8. Birmingham
9. Raleigh
10. Richmond

I have heard that Millenia is very nice, but I have never been there. I think that it could have the potential to kill The Florida Mall, but that would only happen if they snatched Nordstrom or Saks. If they took Nordstrom, upscale stores would close and Saks could eventually move too (or vice-versa). I doubt that it will happen, but its possible. Owings Mills Mall (Baltimore) had a Saks & Lord & Taylor when opening, but crime started and both closed. Anything like that would not happen unless crime started in The Florida Mall area or if Millenia attracted all of the tourist.

#24 Justiceham

Justiceham

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

I have heard that Millenia is very nice, but I have never been there. I think that it could have the potential to kill The Florida Mall, but that would only happen if they snatched Nordstrom or Saks. If they took Nordstrom, upscale stores would close and Saks could eventually move too (or vice-versa). I doubt that it will happen, but its possible. Owings Mills Mall (Baltimore) had a Saks & Lord & Taylor when opening, but crime started and both closed. Anything like that would not happen unless crime started in The Florida Mall area or if Millenia attracted all of the tourist.

I'm glad to see Nashville mentioned. What makes Nashville's shopping great is that there are many malls in the metro area. You do not have to travel miles and miles to get some really high end stuff. We have many many boutiques and high end consignment stores because there are no Saks, Neimens, or Bloomingdales which is surprising given the population and income levels. I have found many clothing items from Nordstrom, Saks, Neimens,and even Bergdorf discounted at many of these boutiques and consignments for double digit numbers (outstanding!!!). I paid 70 dollars for a tan leather full lenth Saks Fifth Avenue coat brand new. This coat retails for $2,500. This is what makes shopping in Nashville, excellent. In addition to Nordstrom and Macy's we have high end boutiques like Jamie, Marti and Liz Shoes (Cool Springs and Murfreesboro), Phase II(Murfreesboro), Levy's (Greenhills), and the T.J. Maxx Runway store in Brentwood. These stores fill my closets full of clothes and shoes that I could never afford at department stores. Thank You Nashville, for your creativity and shopping!

#25 DOLCE&GABBANA

DOLCE&GABBANA

Unincorporated Area

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

I just went to Millenium Mall in Orlando this past weekend. It does not beat out Short Pump Town Center in Richmond, VA in terms of aesthetics or store quality.

Google image "Short Pump Town Center"

Pump center doesnt even have half of the retail options as mall of mellenia

#26 Brent

Brent

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

# of options has nothing to do with "aesthetics or store quality". In terms of aesthetics, Stony Point Fashion Park in the RVA is tops, Short Pump looks great too but has way too many teenagers for my taste. Tyson’s Corner in Fairfax VA has most of these places beat by a long shot though.

#27 StevenRocks

StevenRocks

City

• Members+
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

Most of the really well-stocked malls tend to be aesthetically challenged, especially when exteriors are concerned. Tysons Corner Center, Lenox Square and Crabtree Valley Mall come to mind.

#28 DOLCE&GABBANA

DOLCE&GABBANA

Unincorporated Area

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

# of options has nothing to do with "aesthetics or store quality". In terms of aesthetics, Stony Point Fashion Park in the RVA is tops, Short Pump looks great too but has way too many teenagers for my taste. Tyson’s Corner in Fairfax VA has most of these places beat by a long shot though.

I know that I was just making a statment, Some stores that I like cant be found in Pump, but I can find them in Orlando I dont care how the mall looks as longs as the stores are there. Lenox mall doesnt look appealing but the stores that I like are there......

#29 Brent

Brent

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Cool. I'm not into labels and have a bit of an eclectic style. I buy my "cool" clothes from local retailers, my basics at stores that can be found pretty much anywhere. I hardly ever go to Short Pump Town Center, unless I need something from Crate and Barrel. I hate the kids and the "mall" feel to the place. I like the smaller, more pleasant and pretty (and, I hate the word, but upscale) Stony Point Fashion Park. I can't imagine going to a mall when visitng another town so I really can't speak for malls outside of my area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users