Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

28th Street Flea Market Status

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 trongrr

trongrr

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

Since the Studio 28 property has been sold, I'm wondering if the flea market normally held in the rear parking lot will still occur? Anyone hear anything?

#2 GR_Urbanist

GR_Urbanist

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

Well the signage saying that it's open Sat and Sun is up again, So I assume it's still a go. Not much reason for it not to still take place, other than the quality of it has gone through the floor compared to years past.

#3 trongrr

trongrr

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

Well the signage saying that it's open Sat and Sun is up again, So I assume it's still a go. Not much reason for it not to still take place, other than the quality of it has gone through the floor compared to years past.

No arguments from me on that one. I like going for the fruits and veggies - especially when I have the need to make a fresh salsa.

I'm thinking this year - it will look a lot more like a garage sale than in years past (economy related...)

#4 elcelc

elcelc

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Funny, I drove by there Friday night and noticed the sign was still up. I was almost enticed to go back Saturday but really couldn't remember buying anything there in the past.

Try Fulton St Farmers Market for fresh produce.

#5 GR_Urbanist

GR_Urbanist

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

No arguments from me on that one. I like going for the fruits and veggies - especially when I have the need to make a fresh salsa.

I'm thinking this year - it will look a lot more like a garage sale than in years past (economy related...)

I hope so! The place has the same tired vendors, selling the same tired Flea Market staples like knockoff clothing, Dollar store garbage, VHS tapes, and crap they obviously bought form somewhere else just to cart it there to sell it at a markup.

Wasn't worth the drive or the .50 cents to get in.

Besides the church sales is where the good stuff is kept. :whistling:

#6 tSlater

tSlater

Town

• Members+
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

I hope so! The place has the same tired vendors, selling the same tired Flea Market staples like knockoff clothing, Dollar store garbage, VHS tapes, and crap they obviously bought form somewhere else just to cart it there to sell it at a markup.

Wasn't worth the drive or the .50 cents to get in.

Besides the church sales is where the good stuff is kept. :whistling:

Agreed! I front-and-rear brake for all church sales. That'd be my bumper sticker if bikes had bumpers.