Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Traffic Congestion, Road Construction, & Improvement Projects

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#121 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

I like the fact that project stakeholders are currently looking at options to fund improved bridge aesthetics. Exactly where the money should come from-- locally.

I hope that the "grass median" also becomes invested in by the City and becomes well planted like millennium blvd.

#122 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

The improvement projects along McBee Avenue across from CVS, along Main Street in front of the Greenville News building, and on the Main Street block in front of The Chocolate Moose have started construction. :thumbsup:

For Main Street, is this a continuation of the tree replacement work, or a different scope of work?

#123 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Mauldin's Main Street improvements are making visible progress. A portion of the new lighting fixtures are up (mostly near the old Capri's), and trees have been planted. I'm concerned that this, while an improvement, will be rather underwelming when complete. Closer to Greenville, they've left lots of excess asphalt between the travel lanes and new curb. The median at the Greenville/Mauldin city divide has been landscaped as you enter Mauldin.

I typed an additional two paragraphs about my frustration with Mauldin's apparant small-town mindset, but I'm not going to rant on this today. It's Monday.

#124 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

The new light fixtures along Church Street are quite elegant.

They definitely increase the level of attractiveness in that area.

#125 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Fairforest Way:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#126 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

This is looking good! Some new investment along the corridor would be nice.

#127 RiverWalker

RiverWalker

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Fairforest Way:

...would look so much better with underground power lines. ::sigh::

#128 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

...would look so much better with underground power lines. ::sigh::

True, but with the nature of what businesses currently call Fairforest Way home, that seems like it could be difficult to justify-- mainly because there hasn't been much new investment outside of the high school and new apartments.

#129 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Augusta street has had a good many of its traffic signals on those silver/unfinished mast and arm configurations for a long time. I noticed today that a good many of those have been refinished black. They look really good, show up much more, and clean up those intersections. I assume we will continue to see this along the rest of the corridor in the near future. Quality details!

#130 Gville2012

Gville2012

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Augusta street has had a good many of its traffic signals on those silver/unfinished mast and arm configurations for a long time. I noticed today that a good many of those have been refinished black. They look really good, show up much more, and clean up those intersections. I assume we will continue to see this along the rest of the corridor in the near future. Quality details!

I have not noticed this, but was thinking it would look good. I hope they do the one at the intersection of Church/Augusta since the other two on Church going toward DT will be black.

#131 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have not noticed this, but was thinking it would look good. I hope they do the one at the intersection of Church/Augusta since the other two on Church going toward DT will be black.

One was done at Augusta/Byrd, both at Augusta/Augusta Place I think, and at least one at Augusta/Grove, I believe. So, they're kind of scattered down the entire corridor.

#132 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

This is looking good! Some new investment along the corridor would be nice.

207 Fairforest Way: http://www.greenvill...20Ordinance.pdf

Edited by citylife, 01 April 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#133 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

They appear to only have one lane left to pave. Will the stretch between Ridge and Laurens Roads be upgraded to the same standards as the rest of the street? I thought the plan was for the entire stretch, but it seems odd that they have left it largely untouched so far and are nearing completion from Ridge to Mauldin Roads. I have seen that they're doing work on the right hand lane near Millennium Gas. Just seems like an odd way to go about these upgrades if they indeed plan to go from Mauldin to Laurens Rd...

#134 vicupstate

vicupstate

City

• Members+
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

They appear to only have one lane left to pave. Will the stretch between Ridge and Laurens Roads be upgraded to the same standards as the rest of the street? I thought the plan was for the entire stretch, but it seems odd that they have left it largely untouched so far and are nearing completion from Ridge to Mauldin Roads. I have seen that they're doing work on the right hand lane near Millennium Gas. Just seems like an odd way to go about these upgrades if they indeed plan to go from Mauldin to Laurens Rd...

The part between Ridge Road and Laurens Rd is not in the city limits EXCEPT for J.L. Mann.

#135 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

The part between Ridge Road and Laurens Rd is not in the city limits EXCEPT for J.L. Mann.

Well, that sucks. So having a cohesive boulevard running from Mauldin Rd to Woodruff Rd is going to impeded by this small stretch?

This map of proposed City Council districts shows the actual roadway being inside the city limits. Is this correct? http://gis.greenvill...posedDistricts/

Edited by GvilleSC, 01 April 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#136 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Laurens Road to Mauldin Road for Fairforest Way improvement project according to this: http://dbw.scdot.org...reenville&TY=24

#137 gman430

gman430

City

• Members+
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

It's FINALLY happening. The ugly powerlines with streetlights attached along Wade Hampton Blvd are now being replaced with black mast streetlights:

Posted Image

Edited by citylife, 04 April 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#138 GvilleSC

GvilleSC

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

I didn't even know this was in the works. It will definitely be an improvement!

#139 StrangeCock

StrangeCock

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

It's the first I've heard of this, too. Excellent!

#140 gs3

gs3

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

What s shame the power lines will not be buried with this project. Only the lines to wooden poles that once housed lights will be removed. Another half hearted project lacking true detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users