Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Division / Wealthy and ICCF

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#21 tSlater

tSlater

Town

• Members+
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

I like what I see of the 4th elevation. Simple, but rarely used anymore detailing that really shouldn't cost much to be cost engineered out.

#22 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for posting the site plan, the parking situation certainly looks more reasonable than the crude Press diagram. Those blocks take up less space than I envisioned.

Just gotta point out though, a lot of urban grocery stores build rooftop parking these days...

#23 x99

x99

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Then that could actually be quite nice if they're going to do a mixed use. The announcement didn't say anything about it, and some of the renderings did not look like they included commercial use, which is why I questioned it. All of the renderings look quite nice except for that one with the goofy front porches. The design with the gambrel roof is interesting, too, albeit somewhat unconventional.

We need a site plan to tell exactly what they are planning, but the renderings from Veloise definitely show commercial on the first floor of two of those buildings (probably along Division). In fact the third building down looks more like an office building on the second and third floors than residential.

#24 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Then that could actually be quite nice if they're going to do a mixed use. The announcement didn't say anything about it, and some of the renderings did not look like they included commercial use, which is why I questioned it. All of the renderings look quite nice except for that one with the goofy front porches. The design with the gambrel roof is interesting, too, albeit somewhat unconventional.

I think they're trying to match the style of the houses in that area (South of there, since there aren't any houses left in the development zone) which all have porches like that.

Here's a duplex just South of there that I actually think ICCF built:

Posted Image

#25 jas49503

jas49503

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

the third from the bottom looks remarkably like this carriage house from the louis campau house

My link

#26 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

the third from the bottom looks remarkably like this carriage house from the louis campau house

My link

Good call jas. It has a Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket feel to it.

http://www.wickedloc...n#axzz1G0z7UaDs

#27 walker

walker

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

Good call jas. It has a Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket feel to it.

http://www.wickedloc...n#axzz1G0z7UaDs

This is really going to be good if ICCF can get the same price as those properties on Nantucket.

#28 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

This is really going to be good if ICCF can get the same price as those properties on Nantucket.

Ha, can you believe it?

#29 x99

x99

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

Pointless bit of trivia: That's actually sort of a misnomer. Only the lot still has anything to do with Louis Campau. The original house was razed to make way for the current structure which was built by George Gay of Berkey and Gay. The gambrel roof is typical of shingle-style construction or the later Depression-era Dutch Colonials. I'm not sure how you'd class this, and I'm not really sure how I feel about that design being used on a more modern "commercially" building. It just seems to lose something when the roof isn't all cedar shingles. I do like, though, that they appear to be utilizing traditional architecture in a fairly diverse mix over the whole project. If ICCF indeed built that duplex as new construciton, I've got to give them some serious credit for getting the design elements pretty close to right. Very nice.

My link

#30 mpchicago

mpchicago

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Today from Rapid Growth Media. Joanthan Bradford CEO - ICCF: "Negotiations with an unnamed local grocer are underway, says Bradford, adding that he's "confident that it will go through."

Spartan, Meijer, Duther? Who do you think it is?

#31 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Today from Rapid Growth Media. Joanthan Bradford CEO - ICCF: "Negotiations with an unnamed local grocer are underway, says Bradford, adding that he's "confident that it will go through."

Spartan, Meijer, Duther? Who do you think it is?

Since it's only about 28,000 square feet, I'd be really, really surprised if it were Meijer. D&W perhaps? (I don't know).

#32 tSlater

tSlater

Town

• Members+
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

I have a feeling it's probably Duthler. I really don't see Meijer moving into that space, and Spartan's Michigan Ave. D&W fiasco has me doubting they'll pull through on this, too.

For other local grocers, there's also Big Top Market (oh my), and Horrock's. My hope would be for a D&W or a Horrock's, but I'm betting on Duthler.

#33 jas49503

jas49503

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

I never understood why D&W would go in at michigan and fuller since there is a family fare at fulton and fuller. I don't know how big that store is but it seems pretty small. I wouldn't be suprised if it was a family fare since the area doesn't seem to fit with a D&W. I don't think that it is upscale enough.

#34 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

I'm skeptical of Spartan going there - for obvious reasons already mentioned - but I think another small Family Fare is possible. Horrocks would be awesome! I never would have thought they were in an "expansion" mood, but I love that store and they would make downtown really, really cool. Especially if they find a way to squeeze a greenhouse in there (perhaps on the roof?). Oh, and the lion statues. Gotta have the lion statues.

But for now, I'm assuming the worst, and expecting an Aldi or Family Dollar to wind up settling in there somehow.Posted Image

#35 Veloise

Veloise

City

• Members+
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

...But for now, I'm assuming the worst, and expecting an Aldi or Family Dollar to wind up settling in there somehow.Posted Image

Like the one two blocks south.

#36 RegalTDP

RegalTDP

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

Even more likely, then. Posted Image

#37 GR_Urbanist

GR_Urbanist

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

I'm skeptical of Spartan going there - for obvious reasons already mentioned - but I think another small Family Fare is possible. Horrocks would be awesome! I never would have thought they were in an "expansion" mood, but I love that store and they would make downtown really, really cool. Especially if they find a way to squeeze a greenhouse in there (perhaps on the roof?). Oh, and the lion statues. Gotta have the lion statues.

But for now, I'm assuming the worst, and expecting an Aldi or Family Dollar to wind up settling in there somehow.Posted Image

*Groan* if that happens.

They are fine for what they are, but we seriously need a full, mainstream grocery in this part of town. Not some place with dodgy brands and weird/annoying quarks like having to buy your bags or having to pay to use a cart.

although if they fashioned an Aldi like the one in Europe, where they actually make them presentable, it may be passable.

#38 GR_Urbanist

GR_Urbanist

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

I like to call that place "Roosevelt Tillman's Turkey".

What a dump.

#39 GRDadof3

GRDadof3

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Aldi is not locally owned, is it? Bradford mentioned it was "local."
  • tSlater likes this

#40 tSlater

tSlater

Town

• Members+
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Aye, neither Family Dollar or Aldi are local. I wouldn't worry about those opening there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users