Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Home2 Suites behind Hilton Garden Inn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jice

jice

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

A new Hilton brand hotel, Home2 Suites, is going into the lot behind Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown...

same developer and I think the same construction company..

A new Hilton-brand hotel is set to open its doors at 1800 Division Street in Nashville by May of next year.

The 66,000-square-foot Home2 Suites will include 119 rooms over seven stories, according to Lizabeth Theiss, director of business development with J.E. Crain & Son, which will break ground on the project next month. Currently, 20 Home2 Suites are under construction or breaking ground across the United States. Only two are currently open.

Read more: New Hilton-brand hotel opening in Nashville | Nashville Business Journal

sharing the parking garage between the two.

http://www.bizjourna...opening-in.html

#2 dmillsphoto

dmillsphoto

Burg

• Moderators
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

A new Hilton brand hotel, Home2 Suites, is going into the lot behind Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown...

same developer and I think the same construction company..

A new Hilton-brand hotel is set to open its doors at 1800 Division Street in Nashville by May of next year.

The 66,000-square-foot Home2 Suites will include 119 rooms over seven stories, according to Lizabeth Theiss, director of business development with J.E. Crain & Son, which will break ground on the project next month. Currently, 20 Home2 Suites are under construction or breaking ground across the United States. Only two are currently open.

Read more: New Hilton-brand hotel opening in Nashville | Nashville Business Journal

sharing the parking garage between the two.

http://www.bizjourna...opening-in.html

"Now honey, which Hilton were we staying at again?"

#3 smeagolsfree

smeagolsfree

City

• Moderators
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

Seems like I remember when this hotel was built that there were plans for another hotel right next door.

Good find on this one.

#4 PHofKS

PHofKS

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

Looks good. Fits in well in that part of town. I like the way the density of Mid-Town/West End is increasing without adding 30 story buildings. (From The Nashville Business Journal)

Posted Image

There are also proposals for the Tower records site (an eight story hotel), the 10 story hotel at 18th and West End, the six story HCA Offices, a large apartment complex on 31st Avenue and the large apartment complex on Elliston Place. All these fill up more parking lots, put more feet on the streets and increase demand for retail in this part of town. I wonder if the prospect of a trolley from Murphy Road along West End and Broadway to downtown has anything to do with encouraging this development?

Edited by PHofKS, 21 April 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#5 MTSUBlueraider86

MTSUBlueraider86

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

Lets hope this is steel reinforced concrete. At seven stories it should be. (I think 4-5 is the limit with wood frame.) We have had way too many stick frame buildings go up in this area over the past few years. Stick frame buildings do not last near as long and they are not green. If this is indeed a "Green" hotel, it will be concrete.

BR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users