Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Norwegian wooden-bridges

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Christian

Christian

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:46 AM

Norwegian wooden-bridges

Here are some information and images from Norwegian wooden-bridges. Explore them here...:)

Flisa Bru
Hedemark - Norway

Flisa Bru is the longest wooden bridge in the world. It crosses the largest and longest river in Norway, Glomma and has two roadways and one walking course. The bridge was built in 2000-2002, and is 181.5 m long, with the main span on 71m. The construction materials used in the bridge is laminated wood.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ulnes bru
Oppland - Norway

Ulnes Bru is quite the same bridge as Flisa Bru. It is situated not far from the hagernes, in Valdres. The bridge was built in 2000-2002 and is 105m long.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tynset bru
Hedemark - Norway

Tynset bru is another bridge that crosses the river Glomma. This bridge is 125m long, with a main span on 70m and has two roadways and one walking course. The bridge was built in 1997-2001.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Madsebakken G/S bro
Buskerud - Norway

This bridge is situated in the city of Kongsbergm and is a walking bridge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Horne Bru
Hedemark - Norway

Horne bru is a smal driving and walking bridge in Stange, Norway.

Posted Image

Leonardobroen
Akershus - Norway

This is the world famous Leonardo Da Vinci bridge, that he drew in 1502, it has finally been constructed 500 years later, in Norway. The bridge is built exactly in the same style he drew it, and the bridge which is a walking bridge is 110m long, with the main span on 45m. The bridge was opened in october 2001, by the queen of Norway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Articles about this bridge: (in English)
http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/1630792.stm

http://www.vebjorn-s...m/thebridge.htm

Evenstad Bro
Hedemark - Norway

Evenstad Bro was the wolds longest wooden bridge intill Flisa Bru was completed. This bridge is 180m long with 5 span which is 36m each. The bridge was built between 1995-1996, and has two roadways and one walking course.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Os footbridge
Hedemark - Norway

Os footbridge are one of the most unique wooden bridges. The bridge was built in 1995, and is 80m long, with two span on 40m each. The walking bridge is is unique. The superstructure was pre-assembled on site and then lifted into place. Deck, roof and railing were added afterwards. The construction of the superstructure took only two weeks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brubakken G/S Bru
Buskerud - Norway

This unique bridge was built in 2002. But i don't have any more information, sorry.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kristiansand G/S Bru
Vest-Agder - Norway

Sorry, no information about this one, perhaps Northstar can add something...:)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tjenna G/S Bru
Aust-Agder - Norway

This bridge is located in the city of Arendal and was completed in 2003, more i don't know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wooden bridges is doing huge sucess nowdays, and several new bridges is being planned, and is already under construction.

Well, this is some of the wooden bridges we have in Norway, there are some hundreds more, but this is the largest, and most well-known ones. Perhaps i will add more if i find new bridges included images.

#2 Urban_Legend

Urban_Legend

Town

• Editor
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

Those are some beautiful pics! I guess I'll have to add Norway to my list of places to visit!

#3 wolfdawg54

wolfdawg54

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:56 PM

What! All out of wood. Some of those look like they are steel. Awesome though. I have never seen that before.

#4 Christian

Christian

Whistle-Stop

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:20 AM

@ wolfdawg54

Well, its not all out of wood. There is used some steel and concrete as well, especally on those road bridges. But they have used most of wood meterial in these bridges.

#5 ezcheese

ezcheese

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:23 PM

That da Vinci bridge is awesome! B)

#6 Allan

Allan

Metropolis

• Members+
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:21 PM

Cool! I like the Da Vinci bridge the best. I like how the designs are all so different.

#7 BigCityAttitude

BigCityAttitude

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

Leonardobroen... Wow...