Why haven't you registered yet?

Registration is quick, easy and completely FREE! Click the Create Account button located at the top-right to sign-up and receive additional benefits that existing members are already receiving!

Photo
- - - - -

Anderson Developments

• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

#1 JT Boy

JT Boy

Whistle-Stop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

This forum is called Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson, but I don't think I've ever read a word on here about Anderson. Is there anything going on there, esp. downtown. My sister-in-law is from Anderson and my brother had his wedding there, with the reception downtown in an elegant old hotel that was senior citizen housing. I remember downtown as being very quiet and down-on-its-heels feeling.

Any one have any news or pics? Thanks much.

#2 btoy

btoy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

There is a new restaurant coming to downtown Anderson called Jax New Orleans Bistro. One of my best friends will be the Exuctive Head Chef. It is being opened by the guy that ownes Corbet McGees Irish Pub. Man, I used to go to that place all the time. They had an 80's cover band.

I don't know much else about downtown Anderson, but Anderson is growing extremely fast, 81 looks totally different than a few years ago and 76 has doen threw big changes and more are to come there is a hugh shopping center like 650,000 sf with a conference center planned at 76 and I85. That will be a bigger shopping center that the shops at Greenridge on woodruff rd. in greenville.

#3 Spartan

Spartan

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:45 AM

I don't know much about Anderson. I think its safe to say that we would all be interested to know about any and all developments or issues going on in that neck of the woods.

Some of you lurkers from the Anderson area should sign up and let us know what is going on. Come on... we won't bite :)

#4 btoy

btoy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:53 AM

Anderson has a few things going for it, they are on Lake Hartwell, big positive spurring growth and they are close the Clemson University another factor that is making them attractive to new residents.

On a side note another development in anderson is the Walgreens Distribution Center.

#5 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:40 PM

There is supposed to be some kind of large development along the lake in Anderson. It was going to be shops, condos, and such. The article I read last year said it would be a kind of boardwalk development. I'll have to find better info on it, if nobody else does. :)

#6 Spartan

Spartan

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

I drove through Anderson today. Nice town. Anderson College has a beautiful campus. The only construction I saw (though I did not explore very much) was something that looked suspiciously like a walgreens on Main St. Those shopes you mentioned are now open, if we are talking about the same thing. I think its called Summit Pointe. It looked very new. I didn't get to explore much, but the area left a good impression :)

#7 btoy

btoy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:44 PM

I went down to downtown Anderson last week to see where my friends restaurant will be and I was very very impreseed with their downtown. It has a ways to go but their downtown has tons of potential.

Good news the old hotel at Main and Whitner is undercontract, I would love to see that thing converted to condos.

I had been downtown Anderson many times but always went straight to Corbett McGees and always at night, so seeing how big their downtown was, was a huge surprise.

#8 gs3

gs3

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

The Walgreens distro center....that's something like 700 jobs. Great for Anderson!
Does anybody know, is this under contsruction now? When is it suppose to open?

#9 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:17 PM

It should be well under construction or nearly complete. They started several months ago, I believe. :)

#10 socaguy

socaguy

Hamlet

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

I was in an architects office in Anderson a few months ago and saw a plan for a 5-6 floor mixed use project for DT Anderson but didnt get to ask any of the architects about it. If I recall correctly I remember seeing the same plan on the news about a year ago but I dont think anything is going to happen anytime soon. The only things happening in Anderson are a few new stripmalls on Clemson Blvd. and a new midrise Hilton Garden Inn on Interstate 85...big deal.

#11 ctcjb

ctcjb

Crossroads

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

I was in an architects office in Anderson a few months ago and saw a plan for a 5-6 floor mixed use project for DT Anderson but didnt get to ask any of the architects about it.  If I recall correctly I remember seeing the same plan on the news about a year ago but I dont think anything is going to happen anytime soon.  The only things happening in Anderson are a few new stripmalls on Clemson Blvd. and a new midrise Hilton Garden Inn on Interstate 85...big deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Hilton Garden Inn will also have a convention center attached. This will allow some of the receptions and business meetings that now go to Greenville to stay in town.

Has anyone heard of a new Anderson Mall in the plans for the Clemson Blvd./I-85 intersection (on the "Clemson side")?

#12 Spartan

Spartan

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

This is the first I have heard of this mall. Doen't suprise me though. Any info you or anyone else has about it would be welcome :)

Welcome to the fourm ctcjb!

#13 btoy

btoy

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:29 PM

I heard that it will be like Shops at the Greenridge but a bit bigger at 600,000 sf.

#14 gs3

gs3

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

I heard that it will be like Shops at the Greenridge but a bit bigger at 600,000 sf.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any idea who is developing this?

#15 Skyliner

Skyliner

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:32 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be a huge addition to an already heavily used Upstate interchange. :) Last time I was down on Clemson Blvd on a weekend night, you had to wait for more than an hour to eat anywhere decent. That road seems to have just about everything on it. ^_^

#16 GSP Tiger

GSP Tiger

Burg

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:06 PM

Knowing that more developments are planned near 85, it would definitely help to improve/rebuild two major interchanges - Clemson Blvd. and US 178. Clemson Blvd. is perhaps the main entry into Anderson from the interstate. I'm sure it will be widened to six lanes sometime soon. US 178 needs some improvement and widening to connect with the Pickens County Industrial Park.

How is Anderson Mall doing? It could really use another anchor (Dillard's or Macy's) and a few mroe stores to bring people in.

#17 Spartan

Spartan

Gigalopolis

• Global Moderators
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

I think its called Summit Pointe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was wrong. This is called Anderson Station. Its nice and shiny. Summit Pointe is in Spartanburg.

Anderson Mall looks to be on the end of that corridor that is seeng less and less traffic as development has leapfrogged out towards I-85. It would need more than a shot in the arm to bring it back to life. Of course, that is jsut my observation driving by it. I could be wrong about the place.

#18 krazeeboi

krazeeboi

Gigalopolis

• Moderators
  • 16,662 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:20 AM

Here's Anderson County's Development Partnership website. Pretty nice site. Last update says that Unaflex, a Florida-based company which specializes in the manufacture of rubber and metal expansion joints and metal and industrial rubber hose, will locate in a vacant building in the southern part of the county and will create up to 30 jobs.

#19 gs3

gs3

Metropolitan Area

• Members+
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

Here's Anderson County's Development Partnership website. Pretty nice site. Last update says that Unaflex, a Florida-based company which specializes in the manufacture of rubber and metal expansion joints and metal and industrial rubber hose, will locate in a vacant building in the southern part of the county and will create up to 30 jobs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice website! Thanks for the link krazeeboi!

#20 Sparkle City

Sparkle City

Unincorporated Area

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

I was in an architects office in Anderson a few months ago and saw a plan for a 5-6 floor mixed use project for DT Anderson but didnt get to ask any of the architects about it.  If I recall correctly I remember seeing the same plan on the news about a year ago but I dont think anything is going to happen anytime soon.  The only things happening in Anderson are a few new stripmalls on Clemson Blvd. and a new midrise Hilton Garden Inn on Interstate 85...big deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know who developed the Hilton Garden Inn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users