Name that Speed Trap!

wolverine

Ann Arbor cops are obvious. Many of us know where they hide around the city so I figured we should make a thread about them!

The Most Obvious Speed Traps

Washtenaw Ave near stadium. I think they are usually pulling people over heading toward downtown Ann Arbor. The speed limit drops from 45 to 35 just after Washtenaw makes its turn. The cop sits in a driveway for an office park. The cop car is usually pretty easy to see if you are a good driver and looking left and right, although I suppose many people don't see them otherwise they wouldn't patrol that spot. I guess traffic coming the other direction are targeted as well if you start speeding up too early toward the intersection, but it would kind of be stupid and dangerous to do that since the turn is kind of sharp

Fuller and Fuller/Glen. Only present when the light flashes red and the intersection becomes a three way stop. The cop car sits up on the sidewalk, in the dark, waiting. Really you'd be shocked on this one, but EVERYONE seems to run that light. I have not the slightest idea why. I've never done it, but all my friends do, and I see a ton of Ann Arborites do it all the time. Stop running the red flashing light everyone!!

Fuller at the community pool. The speed limit is 35, but stay beneath 40. If you are going 45 like most people, you will probably get pulled over. Sometimes they mix it up a bit and sit in the median, but that's rare.

Huron Parkway Ravine. They sit on the sidewalk along the concrete tieback walls. There's a consensus that they give a 10 mph grace range. I can't remember the speed limit though. It might be 35, just go with the flow.

Less Obvious

Fuller near Mitchell Field. They do it Cali style and sit in the bus loading zone.

Driveway right off M-14 downtown exit. Ready to catch people speeding off the ramp onto main street. I have no clue why people would even want to speed there since that is the ramp of death.

M-14 curve right before the Barton exit. Speed limit drops to 55 for a very good reason. Don't be an ass and blaze through at 70. The ramp situation there is difficult enough.

Where I've heard.

Apparently, cops like to patrol Geddes Road, but I've never seen one. The same for Huron Parkway, near Pfizer, but I'v never seen any there either.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've seen a lot of speeders pulled over near that church on Washtenaw and South U.

You know an area I'd like to see more patrolling to slow traffic down is Division where it crosses over the Broadway Bridge. For those of us who live right by there and need to slow down to make turns, it makes me nervous when people nearly ram into me. My housemates and friends feel the same way.

Speed limit is 25, not 35 or 40

I've seen a lot of speeders pulled over near that church on Washtenaw and South U.

You know an area I'd like to see more patrolling to slow traffic down is Division where it crosses over the Broadway Bridge. For those of us who live right by there and need to slow down to make turns, it makes me nervous when people nearly ram into me. My housemates and friends feel the same way.

Speed limit is 25, not 35 or 40

Archived