Atlanta VS Charlotte

Skyybutter

Ive watched Atlanta and Charlotte grow over the past 10 years or so. I remember my first visit to Atlanta in 1995 right before the Olympics. I stayed off of I-75 and I remember the traffic and thinking, wow this city is huge.

I lived in Philadelphia from 2000-2005. I moved back to Charlotte this year and Im amazed at the growth.

Id like to hear what you guys down in Atlanta think about Charlotte. Is their any comparison between Charlotte and Atlanta? Does Charlotte try to be Atlanta?

Is growth in Charlotte "healthier" then Atlanta? Is Charlotte on its way to gridlock much like Atlanta?

How dependant is Charlotte on Atlanta? Do Atlanta and Charlotte compliment each other as "power" cities of the south?

Is Charlotte the city that never will be world-class? Would Charlotte be what it is today if Atlanta wasnt so close, or is there no connection at all between the two cities?

Would love any feed back.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm glad that I'm one of the first to post. I definitely hope to quail the foolishness.

I really don't think the title of the thread should be Atlanta vs Charlotte. They are not in competition. They are sister cities. I view them differently....as I view my children. Each have strenghts and weaknesses. I choose to focus on the strengths.

I think Charlotte is a very exciting and vibrant city. It's citzens, from what I have read on this forum, have a very high regard for thier city. This goes a long way in showing the health and pride of the city. I'm a realtor (although being 5 months pregnant has limited me of late) and I find from a business standpoint Charlotte is hot, sizzling, hot hot hot!!! There is a newness there that is refreshing. With the right mind, a business minded person could position themselves for extreme gains.

Charlotte is in high growth mode with no signs of slowing. It is home to some of the world's most forminable banks. It's very pro-business. It also offers a lifestyle, while cosmopolitan, that is laid back and perfect for raisinga family. It has world class amenities and will only attract more. As far as growth, I don't know what a "healthier" growth pattern would entail. I feel when you have two totally different slates, you get two totally different paintings. both beautiful in their own right.

Atlanta is not dependant on any other city and neither is Charlotte. They both could stand alone on their own merits. As I said in my opening, they are complimentary to each other. It makes for an exciting I-85 corridor. That would include the Spartanburg/Greenville metroplex as well. Atlanta has world class potential and Charlotte has world class potential. Both will meet their goals in my lifetime....at least I hope G-d will allow me time to see it.

Do I see Charlotte growing in the same manner as Atlanta? Not exactly but I feel that Charlotte is in the great position to see the mistakes made elsewhere and improve on these mistakes. Now is the time to implement policies that may not always be the most popular. A fluid transportation system and metro cooperation for the greater good will insure that Charlotte is able to continue it's amazing growth while maintaining the reason why people move there.....it's high quality of life.

It's not about who's bigger....it's about the family unit. Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Miami, Houston and points in between all go to make a strong and vibrant south. How exciting it is to be alive during a major population shift. The last population shifts to occur of this size was probably right after the Civil War and the great migration west in the early 20th century. We all, as sister cities of the south, can capitalize on a shared vision and cooperation.

That's just my feeling......

In no way am I saying bigger is better in regard to city size. I would much rather be in a city such as Portland with good public transportation as opposed to LA with freeways galore.

Im not looking for a city overview of Charlotte. My interest is more in what people think Charlotte and Atlanta have in common. Do the cities feed off one anothers energy? For example Boston and NYC. Baltimore and DC. Those cities compliment one another and also feed off each others energy in terms of business, style,etc... Would those cities be what they are without the other?

Is Charlotte better because of Atlantas close proximity?

Personally I think Atlanta would be exactly what it is today regardless of Charlotte being close by. However I think Charlotte borrows alot of ideas from Atlanta. I dont think Charlotte would be as cosmopolitan if Atlanta werent near. I think there is alot of travel between the two cities. Thus alot of ideas are generated.

Thats all Im asking. Not trying to start a war between the two.

Just my personal opinion........

You asked:

My interest is more in what people think Charlotte and Atlanta have in common.

They are both in the south. Both are vibrant growing metros. They both are homes to some forminable corporations. They have similar demographics. They both are a short drive to the mountains and a nice drive to the beach. Other than that there is not much similar.

You used the example:

Do the cities feed off one anothers energy? For example Boston and NYC. Baltimore and DC. Those cities compliment one another and also feed off each others energy in terms of business, style,etc... Would those cities be what they are without the other?

I said in my earlier response that they are complimentary.

I feel that some of these questions would be better asked of people in Charlotte. It's hard for an Atlantan to say that Charlotte borrows from Atlanta because that would be all conjecture. Like this....

Is Charlotte better because of Atlantas close proximity?
I stated in my long post above that all the cities of the south play off each others energy in their own way. Perhaps you were wanting me to word it in another way but I could only word it how I felt. I have been in Atlanta for a very long time and I can't honestly say that Charlotte would not be as cosmopolitan is Atlanta was not near it because you would want us to assume that BoA and Wachovia would not be the behemoths that they are today. Again that would be more conjecture.

Is Charlotte better because of it's proximity to Atlanta....well the same could be asked of Atlanta. Afterall, alot of the construction both residential and commercial is being financed by BoA and Wachovia.

You said this earlier:

Personally I think Atlanta would be exactly what it is today regardless of Charlotte being close by. However I think Charlotte borrows alot of ideas from Atlanta. I dont think Charlotte would be as cosmopolitan if Atlanta werent near. I think there is alot of travel between the two cities. Thus alot of ideas are generated. Thats all Im asking

Above you gave your personal feelings. You started the thread asking Atlantan's what they felt on these matters. One (I) answered you. I would hope that noone would be pulled into saying that Atlanta is better or Charlotte is better although your questions definitely direct it towards that way. Really look at your questions and then think of how some of these X vs. Y threads go.

Again if you want these questions answered honestly and without prejudice then you must understand that the answers should be just that....honest and without prejudice. Conjecture must be left behind if you want a true answer.

Again, that's just my opinion........

I agree with Lady_Celeste for the most part. (I disagree with her assesment of Charlotte. Vibrant and exciting? Maybe in the future, but it's still a little dull here.) Charlotte is a nice city. It's true, I think, that there is a tendency to be over preoccupied with what is happening in Atlanta. Charlotte sees itself as Atlanta's younger sibling, while Atlanta could care less. But what Charlotte wants more than anything is the national and world attention Atlanta has gained. So, there are times when people (mostly the media and gov't., to be honest) start comparing what Charlotte has against what Atlanta has. IMO, they only do that to try and figure out what the "formula" is to gain that attention. Of course, this isn't uncommon. Jacksonville has done the same thing. In the south, it's all about Atlanta. "How can we do what Atlanta did?" "How can we gain the attention Atlanta did?"

Of course, the south (including Charlotte) owes a great deal to Atlanta. It was Atlanta that forced the world to take the southeastern U.S. seriously. It was Atlanta that spurred population growth in the SE. People saw that this southern city was okay and decided to check out others. We all owe Atlanta a debt of gratitude for showing people a different view of the south.

So, no. I don't really think Charlotte would be where it is without Atlanta.

See there Skyybutter....

Girly has been in both cities so she is able to give an opinion that is not based on conjecture. That's why I said these questions should be asked of the Charlotte forumers. Especially those like Girly who have spent time in both cities.

Because she has lived in both cities, I hold her opinion to be of great value. Thank you so much Girly for your response. I just hope the other responses are as civil as yours.

Skyybutter this may be off the topic a bit but were you originally from Charlotte before you moved to Philadelphia? Did you move to Philadelphia for employment purposes, school or to experience the city itself? What differences did you noticed between Philadelphia and Charlotte or the south in general? How does Atlanta stack up when compared to your Philadelphia experince? I'm asking because I really want to hear your opinions since you have an experience that I don't have.

I'm curious to see more responses in your thread. :thumbsup: I was not saying that I thought your post was invalid. I was really trying to stave off the spirit of negativity. Not on your part but from others who were/are destined to post.

I think Atlanta has a livelier night life than Charlotte does. It's really more fun to be down here in ATL because your in the middle of it all. What I hate about Charlotte is that its downtown has limited boundaries. I'm starting to see that go away but for the most part it's still the same. In ATL the urban core stretches from Turner Field to the northern edge of Buckhead. Charlotte's is from I-277 to I-277.

Oh and also I'm still here in ATL. Anyway, what makes Atlanta more livelier is that while I'm here at the Renaissance in DT I can go accross to an "urban" Borders or Starbucks at 1:00 AM and sit down for about 30 minutes and read. Atlanta is alive all day long but in Charlotte it has a time frame, like from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. It's like everything shuts down. In ATL their night is just beginning at 11:00 PM! Last night I was looking out from my hotel room at 11:45 and I-75/I-85 was still busy!

In years I think Charlotte will be up to par in nightlife with Atlanta. It just takes some support for it. And, a good start for it will be the new Epicentre, that place will be hopping all night!

One thing I really love about Atlanta is that it has so many urban major retailers. Like Borders on 2 storys, Target Office Depot Circuit City on 3 floors, and others as well! A good start for Charlotte will be the new EXPO design center and Target, that will jumpstart things alot!

That's my story, and i'm sticking to it! :lol:

It was Atlanta that forced the world to take the southeastern U.S. seriously. It was Atlanta that spurred population growth in the SE. People saw that this southern city was okay and decided to check out others. We all owe Atlanta a debt of gratitude for showing people a different view of the south.

I don't think this is entirely the case. For what it is worth, here is my take on your proposal:

It is more accurate to say that economic development programs specific to each state and metropolitan area spurred population growth in the southeast. Also, I doubt that growth in FL, NC, or TN cities have fed off of Atlanta's growth. Who wants to have a crappy stagnant economy? It isn't like the leaders of Atlanta Georgia thought of the concept of "economic development" and all the other cities in the "southeast" decided to copy it. :)

For example--Research Triangle Park in NC was formed in the late 1950s. RTP is very far away from Atlanta GA. Actually Philadelphia PA is closer. It would be like me saying that economic prosperity and growth in Philly made Raleigh more marketable as a place to relocate. See, the logic doesn't hold up.

Additionally, I would argue that RTP's prosperity has had an impact on the immediate metro area and perhaps some secondary effects on neighboring Greensboro, etc., but it certainly has not affected the entire state and I doubt it has affected Charlotte at all. RTP is a highly focused effort to boot.

It is reasonable to say that the rather unfocused development (by comparison of course) in Atlanta has had some effect on things happening in North Georgia, but the effects disappear exponentially as you cross the state line. In fact, I'd wager that Atlanta has actually pulled some life and prosperity away from southern Georgia more than once through contemporary history (just as RTP has done the same for parts of eastern NC, for example).

Charlotte and Atlanta are separated by what is realistically a four hour car trip--that's practically half a day of just driving. Compare that to the alleged ~2 hour trip from Atlanta to Birmingham and just look at how different those two cities really are.

They are indeed separate entities with a different atmosphere, personality, etc. They have similar goals, just like all cities. And they have some basic things in common. I believe one may try to model very specific aspects of the other, but in no way does either city try to emulate the whole package.

I would think that most people out there in Atlanta view Charlotte with the same eyes that I (in Raleigh) view Washington DC, Columbia, or VA Beach/Norfolk. It is another place that is different and therefore sort of cool in its own way. Charlotte may not have the high profile that Atlanta has, but there are still things to learn (like meeting a new person). The radio and TV stations you know are not available, the street names and landmarks you know are nowhere to be seen. It seems like a self-sufficient system, just like any other medium or large size city.

It seems to me that the relationship between the two cities will bevcom more like Baltimore and DC or Dallas and Houston in their respective regions. Sooner or later it seems to me that Charlotte, Atlanta, AND Nashville (had to toss that in here because it is just as important in its area) wil split the "Unofficial Capital of the South" title (forgive me for using that title, but it's the best way I can think of for describing it). Atlanta's just a little farther along in its development because of the work of some people in the 1940's, 50's, and 60's. Charlotte is in that period of its development, it seems to me.

In years I think Charlotte will be up to par in nightlife with Atlanta. It just takes some support for it.

Yes, but the city doesn't seem very interested in nightlife. Well, nightlife within reason they support, but nothing like most larger cities. I've said on this forum before that I think most citizens in Charlotte like the city the way it is. Making Charlotte more of a trendy place to go isn't on their agenda. My husband and I are DINKs. We're close, but for the most part this city isn't that inerested in us unless we have kids. This truly is a family city.

I don't think this is entirely the case. For what it is worth, here is my take on your proposal:

It is more accurate to say that economic development programs specific to each state and metropolitan area spurred population growth in the southeast.

NorffCarolina, I'm speaking of image. Those economic programs did nothing to change this nation's perceptions of the south. There has been a population explosion throughout the south since The Civil War. The south didn't reach the "booming" numbers we see today until after the south made an attempt to deal with its racism. The constant violence during the Civil Rights Movement damaged that image even further. It was Atlanta that changed people's minds about a lot of that. If you search newspapers from the time, you'll find several articles that make the same claim. Atlanta was lauded by many for its efforts to de-segregate peacefully and to try and be more progressive. Now, Atlanta's race relations have never been anywhere near perfect. But Atlanta fared better than most of the other prominent cities. Atlanta was regarded by many as a model for peaceful de-segregation.

What I'm saying in my long winded response is this: the south's economy grew a great deal after The Civil War. But even that economic growth and prosperity did very little to change this country's opinion of the south as the stomping grounds of a bunch of illiterate, slack-jawed, racist hillbillies.

Closer to modern history, Atlanta's bid for the Olympics actually made the world realize the south had modern cities. Because a lot of people did not know.

Also, I doubt that growth in FL, NC, or TN cities have fed off of Atlanta's growth.

Actually, for a long time the gov't. of those states did give Atlanta some credit for their growth. Once again, it's the attention. Atlanta made the south seem like a viable option when choosing a place to live. Of course, thngs like having a lot of jobs help. But if you weren't even on the radar from the start, who moves there?

Who wants to have a crappy stagnant economy? It isn't like the leaders of Atlanta Georgia thought of the concept of "economic development" and all the other cities in the "southeast" decided to copy it. :)

Again, you seem to miss how important image is and what Atlanta contributed to that. That was my point.

It is reasonable to say that the rather unfocused development (by comparison of course) in Atlanta has had some effect on things happening in North Georgia, but the effects disappear exponentially as you cross the state line

That's actually funny because I cannot tell the difference when I cross the state line. :)

In fact, I'd wager that Atlanta has actually pulled some life and prosperity away from southern Georgia more than once through contemporary history (just as RTP has done the same for parts of eastern NC, for example).

You'd wager wrong, but I'd love to hear your reasoning for this.

Charlotte and Atlanta are separated by what is realistically a four hour car trip--that's practically half a day of just driving. Compare that to the alleged ~2 hour trip from Atlanta to Birmingham and just look at how different those two cities really are.

Who said they weren't different? BTW- It is a four hour drive from Atlanta to Valdosta, GA. Yet you just stated: "In fact, I'd wager that Atlanta has actually pulled some life and prosperity away from southern Georgia more than once through contemporary history." Either distance has an effect or it doesn't.

Of course, the south (including Charlotte) owes a great deal to Atlanta. It was Atlanta that forced the world to take the southeastern U.S. seriously. It was Atlanta that spurred population growth in the SE. People saw that this southern city was okay and decided to check out others. We all owe Atlanta a debt of gratitude for showing people a different view of the south.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GREAT points. Thank you Atlanta, we love you! :wub:

As I think it has already been said, in many ways Atlanta has been a trailblazer in the path to becoming a big city (sprawl notwithstanding). I believe that for the Carolinas (particularly the western part of NC), Tennessee, Alabama, and parts of Florida (particularly the Panhandle), there's somewhat of a "chain of emulation" which, for that region, ends with Atlanta. The advantage is that while we learn from Atlanta's successes, we can also learn from its mistakes; at the same time, each city is able to capitalize on its own unique features.

Skyybutter this may be off the topic a bit but were you originally from Charlotte before you moved to Philadelphia? Did you move to Philadelphia for employment purposes, school or to experience the city itself? What differences did you noticed between Philadelphia and Charlotte or the south in general? How does Atlanta stack up when compared to your Philadelphia experince? I'm asking because I really want to hear your opinions since you have an experience that I don't have.

I'm curious to see more responses in your thread.  :thumbsup:  I was not saying that I thought your post was invalid. I was really trying to stave off the spirit of negativity. Not on your part but from others who were/are destined to post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I moved to Philadelphia for employment purposes. The Northeast as a whole cannot be touched when it comes to history, and culture. I could add nightlife to that list as well. There is an amazing vibe. It would be like having 4 Atlantas (DC, Baltimore,Philadelphia and Boston)..and then of course theres NY right in the middle of it all.

I think if I learned anything about cities while in Philadelphia its to be very vigilant in keeping the Central parts of any city strong. Philadelphia let theirs go during the 70s and 80s, but the city is making a remarkable come back.

What I like better about the south is the hospitality. Though even that is slowly fading.

I think the drive is more like 3.5 hours, which is one reason I think the two cities should be pushing for better train service linking them.

I think Atlanta has a livelier night life than Charlotte does. It's really more fun to be down here in ATL because your in the middle of it all. What I hate about Charlotte is that its downtown has limited boundaries. I'm starting to see that go away but for the most part it's still the same. In ATL the urban core stretches from Turner Field to the northern edge of Buckhead. Charlotte's is from I-277 to I-277

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you that 277 kinda locks things. In a way though it will force the CC to become more urban which I think will make it much more walkable in the future. However, I must point out that SouthEnd which is just outside 277(the loop) as well as NoDa(Arts District), which is about 2 miles north are both becoming more dense. I think 20 years from now Charlotte will be more comparable to say Portland Oregan. I think Atlanta will be more like Chicago. Both are great, butboth are very different in their approach to development.

I agree with you that 277 kinda locks things. In a way though it will force the CC to become more urban which I think will make it much more walkable in the future. However, I must point out that SouthEnd which is just outside 277(the loop) as well as NoDa(Arts District), which is about 2 miles north are both becoming more dense. I think 20 years from now Charlotte will be more comparable to say Portland Oregan. I think Atlanta will be more like Chicago. Both are great, butboth are very different in their approach to development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah I can agree to that! :)

I think Atlanta will be more like Chicago.

For some reason I feel you might be right about that...the two cities already seem so similar from my experience. It also seems possible since Miami has taken over the "NYC" role of the South.

I agree with Girly on Atlanta being a trailblazer for the south because its just a fact. Of course communities WANTED economic development but Atlanta showed the south how to do it on a national and international scale. These other metros are booming economically now after Atlanta has done so for 20-30 years and other cities in the south have certainly tried to mimic some of what Atlanta had accomplished. To see the influence all you have to do is read other southern forums...Atlanta comes up in various discussions ALL the time(often with a lot of misinformation but thats beside the point).

I also agree the cities are like siblings and can only benefit from each other having a healthy economies. However, except for forums like this, I don't think Charlotte is on most Atlantans radar screen. Atlantans tend to compare the city to what they want to be... like Chicago for example.

As an Atlantan, I will give you my impression of Charlotte based on my visits there and the buzz I hear about the city.

I think Charlotte is very much a "little" Atlanta for the following reasons:

1. Both cities seem to have a somewhat inflated boosterist mentality when compared with other southern cities. Many of the other cities would suggest that both Atlanta and Charlotte have a rather inflated opinion of themselves (inspired by jealousy probably :-) I am not saying boosterism is bad. Without dreaming big and having perhaps an inflated opinion on itself, Atlanta would probably never have hosted an Olympics or done a lot of other rather impressive things.

2. Both cities are very much corporate centers. Atlanta is #3 in the nation for Fortune 500 headquarters, and I think Charlotte is around #7 or so if I remember correctly. Atlanta is home to household names like Coca Cola, Home Depot, and UPS. And Charlotte is home to household names like Wachovia, Bank of America, and Duke Energy. Being corporate centers, both cities have rather impressive skylines with big office towers.

3. Both cities have a similar feel. Some call it the "Emerald City" effect--they both have downtowns (and edge cities in the case of Atlanta) with towering highrises with pinnacles and such surrounded by very green tree-filled neighborhoods and all connected by busy freeways. Geographically, they are similar with their piedmont settings not so far away from the hills. Their roads wind and twist and turn around hills, etc.

4. Both cities are transportation hubs. Atlanta obviously has the world's busiest airport. Charlotte is a major distribution hub.

5. Both cities have put a lot of stock into major sports teams and facilities.

6. Both cities are having an intown housing boom (included condos and high rises).

In short, I think Charlotte has a great deal in common with Atlanta. Charlotte is probably developmentally where Atlanta was in say the 1960s.

Atlanta is obviously substantially bigger still. Charlotte still lacks the kind of edge cities that Atlanta has, but I think it has the beginnings of these areas in South Park and other areas. Charlotte is building a transit system (light rail vs. heavy rail in Atlanta).

In terms of areas where Charlotte differs, I think a huge area is the issue of political jurisdictions. Atlanta's city proper is extremely confined and has not annexed anything since 1952 (thanks to restrictive state annexation laws, race issues, etc.). Charlotte has annexed much of the immediate urban area. Metro Atlanta also has to deal with more counties in part because it is bigger, but also in part because of the relatively small boundaries of Georgia counties. In short, Charlotte has a better chance to have better unified planning and regional cooporation than Atlanta.

I think Charlotte probably does a better job with its arts and cultural institutions given the difference in size. One of my ongoing frustrations with Atlanta is that many of the cultural institutions of the city are not what they should be for a city its size.

One area where I do fault Charlotte and actually think Atlanta may be slightly (emphasis on the word slightly) better off is in the historic preservation front. Charlotte tore down too much of its historic fabric downtown.

One area I see some difference is that Charlotte does not have the level of economic diversity of Atlanta. Two examples:

Charlotte does not have quite the academic presence that Atlanta does. Davidson College has an excellent reputation but is rather small. UNC-Charlotte is relatively new and is not one of NC's flagships like NC State or UNC-Chapel Hill. Atlanta does have Georgia Tech (one of the nation's best technically inclined state universities) and Emory University. That is one area where the Triangle has an edge over Charlotte.

Atlanta also has a much larger government presence. It is a state capital unlike Charlotte. And it has one of the largest concentrations of federal workers outside of the Washington DC region. This includes the headquarters of the Centers for Disease Control.

Overall though, I think Atlanta and Charlotte are very similar. Atlanta is just further along so to speak.

. Both cities are very much corporate centers. Atlanta is #3 in the nation for Fortune 500 headquarters, and I think Charlotte is around #7 or so if I remember correctly. Atlanta is home to household names like Coca Cola, Home Depot, and UPS. And Charlotte is home to household names like Wachovia, Bank of America, and Duke Energy. Being corporate centers, both cities have rather impressive skylines with big office towers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually thats an old stat. Due to mergers, etc. (like Turner and others), Atlanta is I believe around #6 or 7 in HQ's.

What I think is a reasonable assumption, is that Charlotte will never have the 16 lane freeways that Atlanta has. Charlotte's highest # will probably be 5 or 6 in each direction. Also Charlotte will never have the cosmopolitan feel that Atlanta has. Charlotte will never have the thriving suburbs that ATL has. But, Atlanta's suburbs will never have that downhome milltown southern feel that Charlotte's has.

When I was in Buckhead yesterday, I felt like I was in LA or better yet Hollywood. In Charlotte the closest thing to Buckhead would be Southpark, and when i'm there I feel like I'm still in Charlotte. And when I ventured out to the northern part of the perimeter, I felt like I was in a whole different city but I was still in Atlanta, which amazes me alot! But, when I'm in DT Charlotte I feel like i'm in NYC or Chicago. Atlanta's DT still feels like Atlanta.

And like i've said here before, Atlanta's skyline will always continue to grow and Charlotte's will only continue to get denser inside that square mile bounded by 77 and 277. A reason Charlotte's will never sprawl out would be right as you exit the "square-mile" you start to see crime and poor living conditions. But, there has been some efforts to build some substantial urban housing.

What I really love about Charlotte, is that right as you exit the Tryon St. area you go into these nice family house areas with your own shopping areas and grocery stores and your still in "the square-mile" even better DT. You have the best of both worlds in DT Charlotte, homey southern living and an urban dwellers paradise. In ATL you have to go out to Druid Hills, Virginia Highlands, or Decatur.

One thing Charlotte has to work on is tourist attractions. In Atlanta I can get up in the moring drive out 15 miles to Stone Mountain and hike up it or spend a day there to have fun. And then come back and go to World of Coke, CNN studio tour, Six Flags, of the High Museum of Art. Charlotte is really a city for business people. It's a city where you commute or pass through or just work there. In Charlotte I do have to admit they're trying to play on Atlanta's turf, they have Carowinds, the Mint Museum of Art and other art galleries, oh and also Discovery Place. See in Charlotte you don't have that many "fun companies." It's all about big business and money. I mean who wants to tour the BOA Museum or Wachovia hall of fame. What will give Charlotte a boost is if they get the Nascar HOF.

That's My Story and I'm Sticking to it!

Archived