OrphanCity Buffalo a city with no American region

leets

Buffalo New York is considered to be in the Northeast. But it is in many ways much more Midwest. Though it is in New York State it has more in common with Cleveland and Chicago than it does with New York City. Because of this it suffers and identity crisis.

Many people think that it is near NYC because it is in NY State. In reality it is over 500 miles from NYC on the Great Lakes! Often times NY STATE is not even considered to be a Great Lakes state!

Urban Planet does not even have a regional forum in which to post all things Buffalo. This is what brings me to the Mid West.

Where should I post Buffalo stuff????

Will it be welcomed in the Mid West Forum??

Or should I post it in the North Atlantic Seaboard Forum which is described as "The American Megalopolis" which Buffalo is certainly not a part of. (this is where the UP gurus think it should be)

Help!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post your Buffalo stuff here. I hear a lot about the city in comparison to Detroit and Pittsburgh among other great lakes cities. Besides, I'm more likely to read about it in this forum, anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a real cunundrum. The powers that be have relented and expanded the north atlantic seabord foum to incoude NY State as well as New York city In doing this they and have forbade me from posting Buffalo in the Midwest forum.

Archived