CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is actually the Academy Street bridge, behind the Peace Center, City Hall, and Westin Poinsett Hotel. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So driving into downtown on Academy (from Easley's direction), would Camperdown be off to the right (toward the Peace Center) or the left (behind the First Citizens/former Duke Power building)?

I recall it being on that side of town now, because the 360 degree views on the website look great!

Okay, don't laugh.  Those are used for kyakers to enter the water.  There used to be a course down towards the Peace Center, but I honestly don't see how successful it could be on such an extremely tame (not to mention small) river. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was reading the Georgia forum and saw that Columbus is taking down the dams in the downtown area and letting the river run wild. They plan on building a whitewater park near the Riverwalk. I'm not sure of all the details.

Is there any part of the Reedy that could be built up to include a park like this within the many public areas?

• 2 weeks later...

^^ It also says that this is PHASE 1.

I never knew there was another phase planned.  Anyone have any info.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is interesting. There is other property between the Camperdown site and the Kroc Center site. Perhaps there are plans to purchase that other property and build other phases?

I know nothing though - just speculation on my part here.

If you haven't done so recently, you really need to walk by the Mary Praytor Gallery on South Main Street (just down from the 22 South Main renovation). There is a new video of The Camperdown (not the one that has been playing there for awhile) and it is absolutely high-class! You'll be very impressed with the compositing of real people, car traffic, and stunning skyline views with the detailed 3D models! A definite MUST SEE! B)

Also, on North Main, next to Jersey Mike's sub shop, a new information center for The Camperdown will be opening on September 16. Can't wait! Take it in, fellow urbanites! We're living in the most exciting era in Greenville's 200+ year history. :D

If you haven't done so recently, you really need to walk by the Mary Praytor Gallery on South Main Street (just down from the 22 South Main renovation).  There is a new video of The Camperdown (not the one that has been playing there for awhile) and it is absolutely high-class!  You'll be very impressed with the compositing of real people, car traffic, and stunning skyline views with the detailed 3D models!  A definite MUST SEE! B)

Also, on North Main, next to Jersey Mike's sub shop, a new information center for The Camperdown will be opening on September 16.  Can't wait!  Take it in, fellow urbanites!  We're living in the most exciting era in Greenville's 200+ year history. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds great Skyliner! :thumbsup: Thanks for the tip.

Archived