JIFFI STOP

MDOT has done it again. M-6 is new and improved with its latest addition, the JIFFI STOP rest stop. I think MDOT should move forward and build more of these all throughout the Michigan transportation system. :camera:

http://www.xanga.com/JIFFI_STOP

x85205058.jpg

You might call it love at first flush. MDOT's revolutionary JIFFI STOP rest area marks a milestone in Michigan's transportation system. JIFFI is an acronym for Jons Installed at Fast Freeway Intersections. What makes JIFFI unique is its innovative, space saving design. Embedded right into the corner of the M6-Kalamazoo bridge abuttment, it makes unnecessary the costly, expansive, and disruptive addition of a full size rest area.

x85205204.jpg

When You Need to Go in a Jiffy, Make a Pit Stop at the JIFFI STOP.

The new roadside rest area for Michigan's on-the-go freeway travelers.

Team MDOT and You: Working together to move Michigan bowels forward.

x85205503.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MDOT has done it again. M-6 is new and improved with its latest addition, the JIFFI STOP rest stop. I think MDOT should move forward and build more of these all throughout the Michigan transportation system. :camera:

GRDad - That was pretty harsh. If there is one thing this site could use IS some humor. More often than not, I will pass on posting because of responses like yours. I'm not an architect or a developer or one of the handful of regulars that dominate the discussion on this site but I do have more than a passing interest in architecture, design and our community and would think that you would welcome someone new to the site. If you didn't think it was funny, you could have just let it slide.

Someone not only had enough time to put together an entire Xanga site, but also had time for a construction project on the side as well.

According to this site, this JIFFI STOP apparently was built, installed and stood at the M-6 Kalamazoo intersection for a few weeks before being taken down by an MDOT road crew.

http://safe2pee.org/beta/bathroom.php?bid=827

At first I though the JIFFI stop images were Photoshoped. But to hear that the prank contraption was indeed tacked onto the over pass makes this bit really funny.

Someone not only had enough time to put together an entire Xanga site, but also had time for a construction project on the side as well.

According to this site, this JIFFI STOP apparently was built, installed and stood at the M-6 Kalamazoo intersection for a few weeks before being taken down by an MDOT road crew.

http://safe2pee.org/beta/bathroom.php?bid=827

Archived