DETROIT NEIGHBORHOOD SLUMS

Ivory Tower

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately many of these places have been redeveloped or have been demolished for new development. Midtown has come a LONG way in just five years. It is well on its way to being fully revitalized. So much has been done, but there is still a ton of work left to do. The developer of the Carolla Building said that work on converting the Eddystone Hotel into condos will begin soon, and that they are planning an 8-10 story midrise tower for midtown. Detroit's time is now!

WOW! The Eddie Stone ! That's great news.

Thanks for sharing :)

And a new highrise too, damn, that's great.

Quite a few of the pics are in other areas outside of midtown though.

Areas I wonder how long it will take before they see a rebirth, especially Highland Park.

It's like Detroit waited too long before they tried to do something.

I wish the city much luck and success though.

Which I think the city one day will turn around, but at my age now, I'll probably have grand kids by then.

The city could turn around very fast. Look at midtown now, and midtown 5 years ago. They are very different places. If midtown can make strides like it has in only 5 years, then so can other parts of the city. Now areas that have not seen any activity in 40 years are again seeing construction. The city is definately on the rebound. In 10 years it will be vastly improved over what exists today.

You know, I was just reading an article in the Saginaw News today talking about saving urban neighborhoods in cities like Saginaw, Flint, and Detroit. One local bought up 4 acres of homes in the city of Saginaw, saved them from the wrecking ball, and fixed them up really nice, using ideas he got from the home and garden channel. He succesfully sold the homes to caring people, and it looks like he just made a massive chunk of Saginaw look better. Detroit definitely needs more people like these. If you have the money, why not try and fix up more in the brush park area. I'm sure with the entertainment nearby, this will become a valuable area. I hope we will see more of this.

Great pics. I'm happy to see some of those structures looking good as new today.

Archived