Welcome to Richmond

vdogg

I haven't seen any reply from WrldcouopeII. Until I do, goodbye. I'll spend more time on RCW.

Burt, Wrldcoupe has been offline since 12:49 pm today and I was not installed as mod here until probably 8pm this evening. Again, nothing has changed except that I will be mod here instead of Vdogg. I do hope you would continue to contribute. Wrldcoupe's position here has not changed in the least.

hey guys... sorry, today I was coming back home for winter break so it's been kind of hectic. Had to pack up all my stuff, come home (and deal with the lovely NOVA traffic), then had to get a haircut, went to Brio Tuscan Grill for dinner and just got home.

Guy... congrats on becoming a mod. Hopefully you will be able to contribute more to the Richmond forum, as it has become one of your responsibilities. I always enjoy your comments.

Best I can tell, unless I've missed something, it was purely a decision to take some of the load off of Vdogg, and nothing directed personally at me. While it would be nice to see a Richmonder handling the Richmond portion of the site, Guy is a good 'guy' :) and I hope this will inspire him to become further engaged in some of our discussions.

hey guys... sorry, today I was coming back home for winter break so it's been kind of hectic. Had to pack up all my stuff, come home (and deal with the lovely NOVA traffic), then had to get a haircut, went to Brio Tuscan Grill for dinner and just got home.

Guy... congrats on becoming a mod. Hopefully you will be able to contribute more to the Richmond forum, as it has become one of your responsibilities. I always enjoy your comments.

Best I can tell, unless I've missed something, it was purely a decision to take some of the load off of Vdogg, and nothing directed personally at me. While it would be nice to see a Richmonder handling the Richmond portion of the site, Guy is a good 'guy' :) and I hope this will inspire him to become further engaged in some of our discussions.

Glad you got home safely Coupe. I am looking forward to being a larger part of this forum as well. :)

Thank you, Guy. I'm sure you know that I admire you and look forward to your contributions.

How about someone in Richmond becoming a moderator on the Hampton Roads, and especially, the Nova posts? After all, Coupe lives most of the year up there. You are just an occasional visitor.

Burt, Coupe has been and for the forseeable future will be the leader of the Richmond forum. His contributions are the main reason that a Richmond forum even exists. We are aware of and appreciate the effort that he puts into making this an informative site. You must understand that any changes here are purely functional. I put out the call for help some months ago. Becoming a mod on this site is actually a fairly involved process. This is purely for the good of the forum. It was simply a fact that with the growth of the Virginia/HR forum this would become a necessity. I had come to realize that the workload on the now 4 Virginia subforums had gone beyond my capacity to effectively moderate. I am certain that you can expect the same hands off approach that you have become accustomed to and the same cooperative relationship that existed between me and Coupe will be transferred to Coupe and guynvb. This is not the end of growth in Virginia and I truly believe that other expansions of the Virginia forum are in our future. :thumbsup:

Edited by vdogg

Burt, Coupe has been and for the forseeable future will be the leader of the Richmond forum. His contributions are the main reason that a Richmond forum even exists. We are aware of and appreciate the effort that he puts into making this and informative site. You must understand that any changes here are purely functional. I put out the call for help some months ago. Becoming a mod on this site is actually a fairly involved process. This is purely for the good of the forum. It was simply a fact that with the growth of the Virginia/HR forum this would become a necessity. I had come to realize that the workload on the now 4 Virginia subforums had gone beyond my capacity to effectively moderate. I am certain that you can expect the same hands off approach that you have become accustomed to and the same cooperative relationship that existed between me and Coupe will be transferred to Coupe and guynvb. This is not the end of growth in Virginia and I truly believe that other expansions of the Virginia forum are in our future. :thumbsup:

Well. vdogg, as long as Coupe is on board and is content with his Editor title, I'm OK with it.

Thanks Burt, I appreciate that. You know we love having you here :) . Your posts are always very interesting and informative and I would hate to see you leave.

I would hate to see you leave too!! You and Coupe (and the rest) do an excellent job of posting. I am amazed at how much you guys keep up with so much going on in Richmond. I appreciate all that you do here. :)

I would hate to see you leave too!! You and Coupe (and the rest) do an excellent job of posting. I am amazed at how much you guys keep up with so much going on in Richmond. I appreciate all that you do here. :)

Thanks vdogg and Guy. Onward and Upward with Coupe at the helm of the Richmond ship! :)

Not much of Richmond interest in today's RTD, but there's a big story about Va. Beach efforts to keep Oceana. By this time, I'm sure you're aware that I don't know how to "link".

Edited by burt

Thanks vdogg and Guy. Onward and Upward with Coupe at the helm of the Richmond ship! :)

Not much of Richmond interest in today's RTD, but there's a big story about Va. Beach efforts to keep Oceana. By this time, I'm sure you're aware that I don't know how to "link".

welcome burt! Great to have you here. Here is a short lesson on how to link. When posting and ready to link simply type the following:

copy%20the%20address%20of%20the%20link%20and%20post%20it%20here.%20i.e.%20%5burl=http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/]http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/ followed by ] then name the link - i.e. store, article. .and then type

here is how it would look completed but I left out the first [ and last one ] so it would not post :

url=http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/]article[/url

Another way of saying this:

1. type 2.%20copy%20the%20address%20of%20the%20link%20and%20paste.3.%20type%20in%20left%20facing%20bracket%20-]

4. name the article - article, storey, etc.

5. type .

thats it!

welcome burt! Great to have you here. Here is a short lesson on how to link. When posting and ready to link simply type the following:

copy%20the%20address%20of%20the%20link%20and%20post%20it%20here.%20i.e.%20%5burl=http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/]http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/ followed by ] then name the link - i.e. store, article. .and then type

here is how it would look completed but I left out the first [ and last one ] so it would not post :

url=http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/]article[/url

Another way of saying this:

1. type 2.%20copy%20the%20address%20of%20the%20link%20and%20paste.3.%20type%20in%20left%20facing%20bracket%20-]

4. name the article - article, storey, etc.

5. type .

thats it!

If you ever want to give an example of how a post exactly looks without having it post that way simply enclose it in code tags ( [ code] [ /code]) for example:

RTD without the code tags appears as

[url=www.richmondtimesdispatch.com]RTD[/url]

with them.

Edited by vdogg

If you ever want to give an example of how a post exactly looks without having it post that way simply enclose it in code tags ( [ code] [ /code]) for example:

RTD without the code tags appears as

[url=www.richmondtimesdispatch.com]RTD[/url]

with them.

thanks. I was at a loss trying to figure that out. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

New year, new-to-me site. I am wondering how I can jump in here. Thanks wrldcoupe4, it finally paid off eh? I had no idea there were so many Richmond forums out there. I'd spread myself too thin. And goodness my pictures...

Hi!

New year, new-to-me site. I am wondering how I can jump in here. Thanks wrldcoupe4, it finally paid off eh? I had no idea there were so many Richmond forums out there. I'd spread myself too thin. And goodness my pictures...

Hi!

Wow, I see Coupes promotional efforts finally snagged one of the big fish. Welcome to the forum Cadeho, i've seen your photos and you do an excellent job. I look forward to seeing some of your pics here. :)

I wish I was a developer here! I trail wrldcoupe4 at RCW in posts. I think vdogg was referring to me as being a big fish over there. I'm just a regular guy... for the moment :) I take a lot of pics too. I see wrldcoupe has that locked down here! Nice to meet you guynvb. I only feel a little behind because I've missed out on tons of discussion here. I'll either catch up, or just hop on the bus as it's going. But it's great to know Richmond is well loved!