THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

great update. Osceola Brownstones is a great addition, and i'm looking forward to the retail along the Sanctuary, hopefully there will be some restaurants in the mix. Cornerstone looks better, no doubt, but it doesn't appear that any retail has moved into the space. I remember a while back some reports about a car dealership moving in but that doesn't seem to have happened.

I believe the car dealership was suggested for a Benchmark replacement and not a Cornerstone replacement.  There is some rumors floating that Benchmark may be back in play so the car dealership deal is not in stone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry everyone--- where exactly was/is Benchmark slated to be?

Benchmark and Cornerstone were supposed to be a part of the same development. Benchmark was on the side that was along Washington Street and was a high-rise office tower. When Kuhn dropped the Benchmark tower he kept the redevelopment of the old Penneys now called Cornerstone. After Benchmark was dropped Kuhn mentioned a possible high-end car dealership. Bentley or something.

Benchmark and Cornerstone were supposed to be a part of the same development.  Benchmark was on the side that was along Washington Street and was a high-rise office tower.  When Kuhn dropped the Benchmark tower he kept the redevelopment of the old Penneys now called Cornerstone.  After Benchmark was dropped Kuhn mentioned a possible high-end car dealership.  Bentley or something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah... thanks for the clarification! I'd rather see the Benchmark go up instead of a car dealerhip. High end or not.

The only Tower on Washington is the Presidential Condo. Benchmark was all office. Although when they pitched it they included a picture of the Presidential but it was never part of Benchmark. Kuhn just said that along with Benchmark they were in talks we a developer who wanted to co-locate a residential tower. When Benchmark pulled out the other developers with the residential tower did not.