THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Maybe your birdy got that info from a cover story that ran in the Sentinel about a week ago. Median housing prices have skyrocketed across Orlando during the past two years (increasing 55% on average), with one exception.

And I'm quoting from the article here:

Only one ZIP code in all of Central Florida actually recorded a decline in its median home price during the past two years: 32801, the very heart of downtown Orlando. But that's only because a cascade of apartment-to-condominium conversions starting in 2004 have flooded the market with hundreds of relatively small and inexpensive "homes" for sale; while the median price per dwelling is down, the average price per square foot in the city center was up 44 percent during the same period.

All of their data came from the metro Orlando realtors association, and it said that from October of 2004 to October of 2005, the median cost of a home/condo in downtown went from $250,500 to $227,891 -- a 9% decline.

However, the price per square foot across the 32801 zip code went from $175 to $227 -- a 29% increase. As you can see from the quote above, the increase was even higher in the business district.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/custom...builder-navsrvc

Edited by pomegranate

A birdy told me that home prices fell about 10% in Orlando. Is this true? If so, do you think this will affect the condo boom and its preconstruction prices downtown?

Where was the segway at least to this? We should at least attempt to post mesages in appropriate threads. This one should now flounder in real estate value discussion for awhile now.

I can't compete with the artistic shots posted above, but I had some time to kill downtown today so I took some pictures as I was driving around.

801 North Orange

img33156uo.jpg

Bank of America

img33170qq.jpg

Orange Avenue

img33201ma.jpg

Premiere Trade Plaza

img33215pv.jpg

img33235gu.jpg

Solaire

img33245pm.jpg

img33255ck.jpg

The Vue

img33276zs.jpg

img33290if.jpg

img33302az.jpg

img33313uu.jpg

Edited by bic

Hello Tim. I'm really loving some of your latest pics which I recon you have been taking with your new camera. The one posted on the 21st showing the BOA building as well as the Court House and the photo posted on the 29th overlooking Lake Eola are of great quality. Keep up the good work man. Thanks.

Bic. I just wanted to say thanks to you for your updated construction photos of The Vue as well as The Plaza. Nice work man.