Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

The posting isn't available to the public ^

Works for me anyway...

Project Manager Corporate Real Estate- CLT

Reporting to Corporate Real Estate’s CLT Project Manager, this position will be responsible for the project management oversight of design and construction ofmultiple corporate facilities at Charlotte International Airport (CLT).  Said facilities shall be developed in strict accordance with approved corporate space standards, schedules and budgets, and meet all requirements of all end user groups.  Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

Works for me anyway...

Project Manager Corporate Real Estate- CLT

Reporting to Corporate Real Estate’s CLT Project Manager, this position will be responsible for the project management oversight of design and construction ofmultiple corporate facilities at Charlotte International Airport (CLT).  Said facilities shall be developed in strict accordance with approved corporate space standards, schedules and budgets, and meet all requirements of all end user groups.  Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

Perfect. I'll commute from Miami and make it happen.

Our airport will look like Doha or Dubai in a matter of months. WORK FASTER EVERYONE. 

• Like 2

Anyword on whether or not the A/C and terminal front expansion were approved?   And when all that should begin?   Also, more lines etc painted all over the E concourse ramp any word on that from the inside?

edit:    new counters showed up in E.  Are there  going to be monitors like in the b c and d concourses?

Edited by xapostrophe
additional questions

AA said its committed to the Charlotte hub. I don't know if this is good or bad... 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article35486631.html

Thats what other airlines have said about other now closed hubs (cough UA CLE, DL MEM cough) 

American is doing more than just making statements of commitment, they are backing it up with action in Charlotte. As the article stated they have added 400 people to the Charlotte workforce, and American has explicitly asked the airport to build them more gates so they can add more flights. I don't ever remember United asking Cleveland or Delta asking Memphis or Cincinatti to expand their terminals after their respective mergers.

Yes there have been and will be more changes at the Charlotte airport as it plays a different role in the American system than it did in the US Airways system. However, I think on the whole and in the long run the hub is here to stay. If American were planning to make substantial cuts at Charlotte it would not make any sense for them to request millions of dollars for expansion that they will be on the hook for.

• Like 2

I hate being synical because normally I am an optimist, but USAIRWAYS did something similar as "propaganda" before the merger by adding Barcelona, Lisbon, Manchester, and Brussels. Only Barcelona remains and there is talk that way may even lose Rome. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid because I want American to expand even more in Charlotte! 

I hate being synical because normally I am an optimist, but USAIRWAYS did something similar as "propaganda" before the merger by adding Barcelona, Lisbon, Manchester, and Brussels. Only Barcelona remains and there is talk that way may even lose Rome. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid because I want American to expand even more in Charlotte! 

You're being cynical :)

St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Cinnci. & Memphis is apples are oranges compared to Charlotte (We're more like Denver & Salt Lake)

BCN, LIS, MAN & BRU were definitely carrots, in my opinion, though to get the merger pushed through. Overall I believe we'll grow even more than under US Airways

You're being cynical :)

St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Cinnci. & Memphis is apples are oranges compared to Charlotte (We're more like Denver & Salt Lake)

BCN, LIS, MAN & BRU were definitely carrots, in my opinion, though to get the merger pushed through. Overall I believe we'll grow even more than under US Airways

LOL I have had a few drinks in me on my flight, my spelling ability is gone.

Yes you are right, I'm going to go back to being an optimist! Flights to Tokyo and Doha anyone?

• Like 1