Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

Haywood Mall disgusts me. I cannot roam its dank and putrid halls without feeling the need to wash its filth from my body. The rabble congregate and scurry about like rats...searching for the nearest scrap of free food from the shady vendors that line the corridors. To even speak this tenement's name in the same sentence as the more respectable establishments previously mentioned is pure blasphemy. I demand you strike these slanderous statements from the record, lest some poor fool think these institutions reside on equal ground! Poppycock!

Are you confusing it with memories of Bell Tower Mall?

-Renovations to JC Penney have started. MNG by Mango clothing line edition on second floor looks to be the first portion being done.

-Old Belk signage has been taken down. Temporary new logo signage banners have been installed.

-No sign of LoveSac yet. Still not sure where they're going in the mall.

Edited by citylife

Sephora will be opening inside JCPenney at Haywood, in April/May 2011. For those of you that haven't seen a Sephora inside a JCP, they are pretty much a full line Sephora.....below is a photo of one.

sephora1.jpg

In the new prototypical JCP's, MNG falls to the left of Sephora, if you are facing Sephora, coming in the entrance.

In related JCP news, I hear Haywood is "possibly inline" (no lease signed) for one of the initial groupings of "The Foundry", JCP's new stand alone Big & Tall stores. The inital group will be tested in both middle to better malls and lifetsyle centers.

In the new prototypical JCP's, MNG falls to the left of Sephora, if you are facing Sephora, coming in the entrance.

In related JCP news, I hear Haywood is "possibly inline" (no lease signed) for one of the initial groupings of "The Foundry", JCP's new stand alone Big & Tall stores. The inital group will be tested in both middle to better malls and lifetsyle centers.

I hope that doesn't fall through. I don't want it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really hoping for a nice upper-middle class store like Anthropologie, bebe, Pottery Barn Kids, Sur La Table, etc.

I hope that doesn't fall through. I don't want it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really hoping for a nice upper-middle class store like Anthropologie, bebe, Pottery Barn Kids, Sur La Table, etc.

Ordinarily I do not comment on women's apparel stores but there was a bebe at Haywood right after the '95 expansion opened. If you're walking towards Dillard's on the lower level of the Dillard's wing, it was in the corner at the right, where the Belk entrance corridor starts.

PB Kids would do great, given Greenville's demographics. I'm surprised that it hasn't come yet.

And when is Haywood (or elsewhere) EVER going to get a Brooks Brothers?

Ordinarily I do not comment on women's apparel stores but there was a bebe at Haywood right after the '95 expansion opened. If you're walking towards Dillard's on the lower level of the Dillard's wing, it was in the corner at the right, where the Belk entrance corridor starts.

PB Kids would do great, given Greenville's demographics. I'm surprised that it hasn't come yet.

And when is Haywood (or elsewhere) EVER going to get a Brooks Brothers?

Yeah I heard about that. Didn't Haywood have a Kate Spade as well?

Yeah or Brooks Brothers. Forgot about that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has that photography place closed (Picture People or something I think it's called)? The past few weekends it's been closed.

The furniture store between Sears and Payless on the bottom floor has closed.

They were closed today too. :dontknow:

Yeah, the furniture store was just a seasonal one so not suprising to see them close.

LoveSac is now open.

Sephora signage is up on all four sides of the JC Penney store. Looks great and appears to be fairly large too.

• 3 weeks later...

I still think that Haywood can support a Nordstrom. If Sears closes the Haywood store (and moves elsewhere), then I think Nordstrom will come. I was just looking at CSA population statistics and the Hartford, CT CSA has less than 100,000 more people than Greenville does. Plus the Birmingham one is less than Greenville and they considered opening there. You can't just base it off Greenville, either. It would attract many people from Western North Carolina as well. I have been to the Asheville Mall at least three times as many as Haywood and yet I've seen WAY more people I know from here in the Asheville/Hendersonville area at Haywood than at the Asheville Mall. It would also attract a large portion of South Carolina as well. With gas prices so high, even the people who can afford to shop at Nordstrom frequently can't quite spend the money to take the two hour drive to Charlotte. I think a Nordstrom or new, expanded A&F store would be the only stores I would drive down to Greenville for a "grand opening" (even though A&F doesn't really do grand openings :))

Edited by ct36

• 2 weeks later...

Sephora is now open inside JCP. It is a fairly large shop and carries Sephora's top 30 brands according to the sales person. The men's offerings seem limited with only Jack Black, Anthony, Lab Series and one or two other brands. An employee at Bare Escentials said that Sephora has hurt their business in the last week. Hopefully the two can remain busy as Greenville is a big enough city for both.

Sephora is now open inside JCP. It is a fairly large shop and carries Sephora's top 30 brands according to the sales person. The men's offerings seem limited with only Jack Black, Anthony, Lab Series and one or two other brands. An employee at Bare Escentials said that Sephora has hurt their business in the last week. Hopefully the two can remain busy as Greenville is a big enough city for both.

I love Anthony Logistics for Men. Very glad to have it available in Greenville now. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Haywood today, and I was thought the new Sephora store was very very nice. However, It is in no way near the size of a full line Sephora store. They are around 4,000 square feet or larger, and the one at Haywood in JCPenney can absolutely not be any larger than 1,000 square feet, probably more like 500 square feet. I have only been to the one at the West Town Mall, and the JCP Haywood one could easily fit in small corner of that particular full-line store. I'm not really complaining, because I'm happy that they have opened here and hope they continue with a full-line store. I definitely think that the spaces past Pottery Barn on level 1 could easily be filled if a high profile store, such as Nordstrom, opened there. Stores like Sephora, Anthroplogie, and Brooks Brothers would be very happy to take those dreadful, bad spaces. Nordstrom would really help pick up traffic in that wing, and would make those spots be much more high profile.

I went to Haywood today, and I was thought the new Sephora store was very very nice. However, It is in no way near the size of a full line Sephora store. They are around 4,000 square feet or larger, and the one at Haywood in JCPenney can absolutely not be any larger than 1,000 square feet, probably more like 500 square feet. I have only been to the one at the West Town Mall, and the JCP Haywood one could easily fit in small corner of that particular full-line store. I'm not really complaining, because I'm happy that they have opened here and hope they continue with a full-line store. I definitely think that the spaces past Pottery Barn on level 1 could easily be filled if a high profile store, such as Nordstrom, opened there. Stores like Sephora, Anthroplogie, and Brooks Brothers would be very happy to take those dreadful, bad spaces. Nordstrom would really help pick up traffic in that wing, and would make those spots be much more high profile.

Sephora will be opening a full-line store in Greenville in the near future. Stay tuned...

• 1 month later...

-Toyland is now open in the former Panera space.

-Flip Flop Shops tenant upfit should be under construction soon if not already.

-Fiore has signed a lease. Yeah, I don't know who that is either but apparently they have a store at the Mall of Georgia in Atlanta: http://www.simon.com/mall/tenantdetail.aspx?id=208&tid=74556&cid=9 :dontknow:

With these new retailers, the number of available tenant spaces within the mall will be right around zero if not at zero. Due to this and other mixed use developments from Magnolia Park to Crescent Place on the back burner currently, I could easily see Haywood Mall announcing an expansion in the not so distant future.

Edited by citylife

With these new retailers, the number of available tenant spaces within the mall will be right around zero if not at zero. Due to this and other mixed use developments from Magnolia Park to Crescent Place on the back burner currently, I could easily see Haywood Mall announcing an expansion in the not so distant future.

Great news! Haywood Mall's continual ability to improve the tenant mix while still remaining at or near full capacity is nothing short of amazing in this economy. How many malls can make that claim?

As for addressing the need for more retail space, I would love to see Crescent Place become a reality. It would go a long way toward making the Uptown master plan a reality, and give the area a nice retail and restaurant boost. :thumbsup: