Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

It still does need another expansion/renovation, IMO. I knew that they had expanded then. You can tell from the aerial view that the store's roof doesn't match, etc. Plus the corridor near women's shoes has a space where it gets wider, which is where the the store normally would have went back the other way. I remember that the juniors used to be near one of the entrances and the women's shoes used to be where the current Origins and Bobbi Brown counters are now. I would guess that it was about 165-175K before that expansion.

I am glad to hear that they are getting new furniture. Maybe they are finally realizing that they need to spend some money into this mall.

I can't see Sephora adding a store since they opened the Sephora store inside of JC Penney last year. Speaking of JCP, what is going on with their new pricing strategy? It's very confusing and in my opinion a terrible marketing ploy. Psychologically, people are enticed by sale prices, whether real or perceived. The signs now state $-- and up Best Price. If the price on the tag is less than regular retail there is no indication of suggested retail. Suggested retail is not really accurate with private label brands because there's no basis for comparison since the item isn't available at other retailers. I think it's a way to cut down on advertising costs and overhead because you don't have to have people to manage the price changes either in the computers or on the floor except for clearance.

I can't see Sephora adding a store since they opened the Sephora store inside of JC Penney last year. Speaking of JCP, what is going on with their new pricing strategy? It's very confusing and in my opinion a terrible marketing ploy. Psychologically, people are enticed by sale prices, whether real or perceived. The signs now state $-- and up Best Price. If the price on the tag is less than regular retail there is no indication of suggested retail. Suggested retail is not really accurate with private label brands because there's no basis for comparison since the item isn't available at other retailers. I think it's a way to cut down on advertising costs and overhead because you don't have to have people to manage the price changes either in the computers or on the floor except for clearance.

Surprisingly, this is still very likely to happen. There are many malls that have Sephora inside JCP and a real Sephora. Town Center at Cobb, Mall of Georgia come to mind. I think it might be a good thing for them. There were so many times where the regular price was pretty ridiculous and the sale price was okay. That's not really the case anymore. However, I have noticed that you could get a better sale price on some things versus their new lower prices.

Surprisingly, this is still very likely to happen. There are many malls that have Sephora inside JCP and a real Sephora. Town Center at Cobb, Mall of Georgia come to mind. I think it might be a good thing for them. There were so many times where the regular price was pretty ridiculous and the sale price was okay. That's not really the case anymore. However, I have noticed that you could get a better sale price on some things versus their new lower prices.

I'm not sure if they have one in JCP at Columbiana Mall but they recently opened a Sephora there.

There is no Sephora in Columbia yet, is there? Not in jcpenney any where. I don't think so. I know about the Columbiana one, but Abercrombie Kids just closed about 3 weeks ago. Sephora stores all look similar, I don't think it will be open for a few months.

There is a Sephora starting construction next month at Columbiana Centre. It will be the first location outside of a department store in South Carolina. There are Sephora locations in JCPenney's in Greenville, Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/12/23/2089438/columbiana-adding-sephora-and.html

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Sephora at JCP yesterday and the salesperson said a freestanding Sephora will be be open in July. I am only assuming it will be in the old Abercrombie location since it is the only one vacant and large enough.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm happy to say that I am more excited about Sephora opening than I was sad from Abercrombie closing! Hopefully I can go on the way to Florida since the one in Jacksonville/Orlando aren't that big (I don't think)

I am almost certain that something else (ie A{sodEmoji.|}X) will open since A&F was 9,000 square feet. A{sodEmoji.|}X stores are usually about 3,000 square feet, and Sephora store are large at about 6,000 square feet (most are 4-5K), so I think there still will be an additional store!

Belk now has a Black Brown 1826 section in the men's department?

I'm impressed, but confused- that's the Lord & Taylor private label. How and why is Belk also selling it?

Belk could do a lot more with the display- BB 1826 is kind of like Harold's at Greenville Mall was, or Brooks Brothers is, but way cheaper- it's the best deal in the country, in my view, on nicer-quality classic clothes. A fuller assortment of the line would be great.

Still, glad to have it!

How? Probably the fact Kathryn Bufano is the CMO at Belk and has long standing, solid ties with L&T.

Why? Very little overlap, if any, between Belk and L&T/Bay. Department stores have been doing it forever. Macy's "INC" brand sold at Ripley S.A. for years. Macy's "Alfani" and "Charter Club" brands sold at Myer Grace. A good way for L&T/Bay to make extra dollars. The product is right for the southern male consumer. Black Brown 1826 is made by Joseph Abboud, so probably some flex in the agreement.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Sephora at JCP yesterday and the salesperson said a freestanding Sephora will be be open in July. I am only assuming it will be in the old Abercrombie location since it is the only one vacant and large enough.

It's official: Posted on their Facebook page also.

Now hiring: Job Openings at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC {sodEmoji.|} Mall Jobs Towards the bottom of the page within the link.

Edited by citylife

The A&F space has been split up. At 8,500 square feet, it was much to large for a Sephora. Most of the former A&F sales space has become Sephora. The A&F stockroom is not Sephora, and will probably be used by Apple. There is another space that is approximately 1,250 or so square feet that is available for lease that was originally A&F's sales space also. Since Haywood is really doing well, It wouldn't really surprise me if it ends up being a Michael Kors/Cole Haan, etc.

(You can see any of this on the Haywood Mall lease plan, under the business tab of the Haywood Mall homepage.)

Edited by ct36

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! I haven't really heard anything from the news about their opening, but I have in other cities. I guess there is less hype since there is already a mini store inside JCP here.

Yeah. However, the construction wall with Sephora's name and logo plastered all over it is up now which is good to see.

• 4 weeks later...

SC Place and Jambalaya are now closed. Hearing that Urban Outfitters is in negotiations for SC Place/Boardwalk & Park Place spaces. Just a rumor though as of right now. Wouldn't be surprised if Sleep Number closes also once their Magnilia Park store opens.

Edited by citylife

I doubt that the space would be large enough. Those stores are so small. SC Place was probably around 1,500 to 2,000 square feet at the most. I wouldn't imagine all the spaces around would be any larger than 6,000 square feet, which is a little small for a UO. I would actually be kind of upset for them to open there, anyway. I think that Anthropologie would have done well at Haywood, possibly a little better than in downtown. I think UO would do better in downtown too, so I think they should switch that.

I still think they should expand a wing through Sears since there is no where to expand. What stores? I already have a list in mind.

Abercrombie & Fitch (Before you laugh, if you look at the locations that have closed, none of them are in as nice malls as Haywood and were in larger metro areas with too many stores or smaller metro areas than Greenville. Therefore, it is obvious that the reason why they closed was not for sales, but the fact that Sephora desperately wanted a full line store at Haywood so they were willing to pay more than A&F. Their sales have definitely went in the wrong direction through the downturn, but many analysts forsee that any troubles are behind them. Plus, they have been outbid for their lease before and have returned to the same mall within a few years. Besides, every Saturday I would go I would always have to wait in line for around 10 minutes, and no, they were never slow.)

BCBG Max Azria (relocate their boutique from Dillard's into the mall, but obviously keep the line at Dillard's as well...it really looked like any BCBG area in any other department store, just with BCBG signs and registers rather than Dillard's signs and registers, maybe bags too)

bebe

Brighton

Brooks Brothers

Cole Haan

Lacoste

L'Occitane

Lucky Brand

Jamba Juice (I wish! :)

H&M

Michael Kors

Pottery Barn Kids

Sur La Table

Teavana

The Cheesecake Factory

Urban Outfitters

That could probably be enough stores to open in Sears, and the best part is that almost all of them are practical. Besides, if you look at an aerial view of the mall then you will see that there is enough room to put a Nordstrom behind the current Sears store, especially without the auto center. Basically this turns Haywood into SouthPark without any of the boutiques or Neiman Marcus, and with a jcpenney and more normal stores. I guess some would consider Cole Haan and MK to be boutiques, but they aren't really that much.

Edited by ct36