Orlando Skyhouse Apartments

prahaboheme

• 8 months later...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did this become another frat house? Looking around at apartment options in downtown after I leave 55 West, and I came across this:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/fl/orlando/skyhouse-orlando_9199332346275146785/

Nothing but complaints about crappy tenants, thin walls, etc. Which buildings AREN'T frat houses? good lord.

So did this become another frat house? Looking around at apartment options in downtown after I leave 55 West, and I came across this:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/fl/orlando/skyhouse-orlando_9199332346275146785/

Nothing but complaints about crappy tenants, thin walls, etc. Which buildings AREN'T frat houses? good lord.

Well, Lucerne Towers has it's issues but you can't hear anything because all the walls are concrete and the views are great. 

NORA in uptown might be worth a look.  That place was built well and I'd imagine they don't have the same noise issues, at least. 

I know some (older) young professionals that live in 510 E Central that can attest it stays pretty quiet.  Actually, they say the music playing at Lake Eola park can be more annoying than the neighbors if the windows are open.  I think the Sanctuary also has an older demographic.  Uptown will end up being a mix - the 2 cheaper condo conversions and Steel House are full of younger folks and I know they have a reputation for niose/parties.  I imagine NORA and the Sevens are hoping to be a bit more sophisticated

• 1 year later...

There's a new pizza place at the base of this building facing the courthouse.  Not sure if it's already been discussed.  But you can see the brick fire oven from the street.  It takes up a lot of space.  It's to the west of Subway.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

terrible thing.  I wonder how Subway's numbers are in comparison to, say, Wall Street.  

Subway is ridiculously busy there now. I went today and the line was out the door. The poor guys only had 2 people there on lunch rush and he said it has been packed every day like that since YourPie closed. I didn't think YourPie would last either. Too big of a space and they tried to be too upscale for the area/clientele. That space is mainly for courthouse traffic where people just want something fast and cheap. 

On 6/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, orlandoguy said:

Your Pie has left the building. Noticed today the windows are papered over.

That sucks. I enjoyed the time I went there while on jury duty.  Not a great location and parking was an issue.

• 3 months later...

Archived