Orlando Skyhouse Apartments

prahaboheme

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice addition to our skyline, the glass covering basically the entire building looks great. Now only if RIDA would take a better look at this thing take a hint and realize their project is already outdone and it hasn't even started. You can see the lands all cleared and ready for the Crescent building...yawn.

Nice addition to our skyline, the glass covering basically the entire building looks great. Now only if RIDA would take a better look at this thing take a hint and realize their project is already outdone and it hasn't even started. You can see the lands all cleared and ready for the Crescent building...yawn.

Because if Crescent followed the lead from Skyhouse, it would probably fail or never get built. 

Any retail announcements for Skyhouse?

A Daily City blog had mentioned that a 7-11 was slated for either Skyhouse or RIDA but haven't heard anything else

Hopefully that's sarcasm from Daily City. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me. A 7-Eleven at RIDA makes the most sense, or an urban Wawa. Better than either of those, would be a Famima!!

I don't think it was sarcastic. Seems like it is far enough from the others to get the crowd coming off SunRail/LYNX and/or the courthouse crowd. RIDA actually makes a ton of sense. I would love a Wawa instead - I checked out the Philly board to get their thoughts and they said that up there Wawa has been disinvesting in urban stores :/

No sarcasm.  I got word that Rida was approaching 7-11 about putting one in.  Makes sense with it being between LSC/Sunrail and the courthouse.  Latest I heard on SkyHouse was a possible breakfast/lunch cafe (heard hints of First Watch but could be another one). Those rumors though come via an worker and I've yet to get a second confirmation of the rumor.    I'm hoping that Giraffas opens a downtown location, I'm obsessed with that place now.

In addition to Mills Park? I'm sure you knew about that one

I actually just mentioned that on Tuesday on TheDailyCity when I posted an interview I did with Giraffa's U.S. Marketing Director.  This is a bit off topic but not published in the interview but shared with me were plans for a new Giraffa's Orlando area flagship currently being planned for Winter Park.  That location should be larger and much nicer than the others in the area, sadly they declined to confirm an exact location due to the LOA not being signed yet, though an LOI has been signed on the undisclosed location. FRCH will be the architecture design firm for the project.  

I just think that SkyHouse would be a great location for a fast casual concept due to its location to the courthouse and area offices.  

I actually just mentioned that on Tuesday on TheDailyCity when I posted an interview I did with Giraffa's U.S. Marketing Director.  This is a bit off topic but not published in the interview but shared with me were plans for a new Giraffa's Orlando area flagship currently being planned for Winter Park.  That location should be larger and much nicer than the others in the area, sadly they declined to confirm an exact location due to the LOA not being signed yet, though an LOI has been signed on the undisclosed location. FRCH will be the architecture design firm for the project.  

I just think that SkyHouse would be a great location for a fast casual concept due to its location to the courthouse and area offices.  

If I were guessing where that were going it would be in the old Truffles space at Winter Park Village.  They were looking for a "different" concept.

No sarcasm.  I got word that Rida was approaching 7-11 about putting one in.  Makes sense with it being between LSC/Sunrail and the courthouse.  Latest I heard on SkyHouse was a possible breakfast/lunch cafe (heard hints of First Watch but could be another one). Those rumors though come via an worker and I've yet to get a second confirmation of the rumor.    I'm hoping that Giraffas opens a downtown location, I'm obsessed with that place now.

RIDA does make sense, though the saturation downtown is tiring. It would be great to see an independent convenience store concept go in. Does anyone remember the market that once occupied the space where CityFish is now? A grab-n-go casual gourmet concept like that would be fantastic for RIDA.

A CVS or Walgreens (especially their new concept stores in Chicago and Boston) is what would work best at the RIDA site.  Between the apartment dwellers and commuters, there are basic conveniences that a local pharmacy provides that a 7/11 doesn't.  It is really important to the success of the intermodal terminal and the quality of life that these types of establishments come downtown.  I know I'm just beating Spenser's dead horse here, but enough is enough!

A CVS or Walgreens (especially their new concept stores in Chicago and Boston) is what would work best at the RIDA site.  Between the apartment dwellers and commuters, there are basic conveniences that a local pharmacy provides that a 7/11 doesn't.  It is really important to the success of the intermodal terminal and the quality of life that these types of establishments come downtown.  I know I'm just beating Spenser's dead horse here, but enough is enough!

I couldn't agree more.

Archived