Orlando Skyhouse Apartments

prahaboheme

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

This week they have been laying pavers and doing the landscaping.  I haven't figure out yet how they are going to "finish" the exterior.  The first 3 levels they have clad with a limestone material along with some architectural "frieze".  The remaining exterior is bare concrete with peg holes in it.  If they are going to clad the rest of the building, I wonder why they are waiting so late in the process. It really looks unfinished as it is.

This week they have been laying pavers and doing the landscaping.  I haven't figure out yet how they are going to "finish" the exterior.  The first 3 levels they have clad with a limestone material along with some architectural "frieze".  The remaining exterior is bare concrete with peg holes in it.  If they are going to clad the rest of the building, I wonder why they are waiting so late in the process. It really looks unfinished as it is.

Agreed. Also wondering what exactly would go into those retail spaces. I like how they interact with the street but at this point I don't see that area supporting very much beyond a lunch/breakfast place for the courthouse crowd.  If someone could develop the land across Magnolia you may get enough foot traffic that way, but currently I see it as similar to the first floor space at the Vue (I realize those are law offices now - but the Skyhouse spaces look too small for that)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In Tampa it's been awhile since they did anything. I'd love to see more presence in Orlando but Skyhouse does seem to be taking awhile to fill up. Once the retail opens it hopefully helps that. Honestly, there's not that many open plots in the CBD here. So there is a little rush on their part, years but it is slowly but surely filling up.

^^

I was wondering about that as well...whether Novarre would begin a second tower if the first one was a success.  They seem to have the $$$ and the ability.

Would another of the same fit on block to the east of Rosalind right there? There wouldn't be room for another detached parking structure.

Would another of the same fit on block to the east of Rosalind right there? There wouldn't be room for another detached parking structure.

I was hoping that as well, in that triangular lot, and maybe they could skywalk the two projects together-- and put the second tower on top of a garage much like Dynetech.

• 2 months later...

I saw a Subway sign.

Yep.  my bad.  I drove by there two days ago and saw it and forgot to post about it.  For some reason I thought a 7-Eleven was going there.  Subway is a great business to have there.  It will make good money from Courthouse traffic and attract other businesses.  It's a magnet.

Yep.  my bad.  I drove by there two days ago and saw it and forgot to post about it.  For some reason I thought a 7-Eleven was going there.  Subway is a great business to have there.  It will make good money from Courthouse traffic and attract other businesses.  It's a magnet.

Subway fills the hole that Daily News and Quizno's left when they closed.  Good spot for that place.  Any idea if they're planning on painting this building?  It looks unfinished to me.

Subway fills the hole that Daily News and Quizno's left when they closed.  Good spot for that place.  Any idea if they're planning on painting this building?  It looks unfinished to me.

I think that's the style (the color).

I forgot that the Quiznos was there- was wondering about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

SkyHouse to bring new retailers to downtown Orlando

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/01/skyhouse-to-bring-new-retailers-to-downtown.html

Is the OBJ saying the retail space is 95% lease or the apartment? I only see a Subway eat fresh.

But it is time for them to build Skyhouse 2.

They way that is worded they are talking about retail being 95% leased. That leaves about 410 sqft. What national retailer only wants or needs 400 feet? I think OBJ got the numbers mixed up and it has to be residential or Skyhouse is lying about that number.

They way that is worded they are talking about retail being 95% leased. That leaves about 410 sqft. What national retailer only wants or needs 400 feet? I think OBJ got the numbers mixed up and it has to be residential or Skyhouse is lying about that number.

I'm assuming they got the numbers wrong. The Skyhouse website lists about 9,000 square feet of available retail. The OBJ said that Subway holds a little over 1,000, and that this blow out studio (interesting that it's a national chain...the second chain to emerge downtown. The other being the coffee place in that new apartment complex Uptown) is about 900 square feet.

Archived