Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

12 story office building proposed just of of West End and 30th.

I found it earlier but the NBJ hit it first.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/07/eakin-partners-pursues-midtown-office-building.html

This would be a nice place to work. Plenty of food options, residential, parks and retail within a short walk.

Found this on the Metro development website

A request to allow an encroachment comprised of an elevated pedestrian bridge encroaching the public right-of-way for properties located at 2005, 2007, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019 Hayes Street, requested by Littlejohn Engineering Associates, applicant; HRT of Tennessee, Inc., owner.

Mystery%20Hayes%20Street%20project_zpsl1

Don't remember it being mentioned before.

JJ's site sells for $2.4M.

I don't often regret the loss of businesses, but this is one that I do. Spent a great many nights in that back room...

Forgot all about JJ's ─ used to frequent myself during the mid-'90s through mid-2Ks (long before my long-standing 24-hr gym got sold and turned into Soulshine Pizza Factory (Sliders), and before the next-door Private Dancer got torn down for Losers' Bar.

-==-

Sure wish some of us could muster 5.23M to get that beautiful piece of a structure.  Don't know what I'd do with it (beyond of course preserving it, and considering the annual assessment), but houses in Belle Meade and Forest Hills can easily cost more than that.  hell many more home properties cost half that much.

-==-

Edited by rookzie

Sure wish some of us could muster 5.23M to get that beautiful piece of a structure.  Don't know what I'd do with it (beyond of course preserving it, and considering the annual assessment), but houses in Belle Meade and Forest Hills can easily cost more than that.  hell many more home properties cost half that much.

-==-

Yeah - this is one that, if Vanderbilt ever made plans to tear it down, I would support Historic Nashville getting up in arms about.  It's a beautiful old structure that's worth preserving.  

• Like 1

Yeah - this is one that, if Vanderbilt ever made plans to tear it down, I would support Historic Nashville getting up in arms about.  It's a beautiful old structure that's worth preserving.  

As was the old Wesley Hall that was next door to it.    My beloved alma mater razed it in the 90's to build the grotesque garage and apartments that sit there today.   I like to think that the university has come a long way since then and would never do such a thing now to a structure like this church.       

Wesley.gif

Edited by CenterHill

As was the old Wesley Hall that was next door to it.    My beloved alma mater razed it in the 90's to build the grotesque garage and apartments that sit there today.   I like to think that the university has come a long way since then and would never do such a thing now to a structure like this church.       

Wesley.gif

All but had forgotten about Wesley.  Used to wander in there and used to play tennis near there in the '60s, when I attended the nearby original Peabody Dem. School, '65-'69.  Even though it had been a Vanderbilt structure from the start, it had all the architectural makings of a significant proportion of the George Peabody College halls, typified with neo-classic fabricated brick spandrels, keystone-arched limestone surrounds, and limestone pilasters.  At least Vandy has respected the general historic architectural integrity of its acquired Peabody campus, paying homage with the construction (with incentive, of course) of the relatively new Hank Ingram, Stambaugh, and Murray Houses of the Ingram Commons section of Peabody, as noticed from 18th Ave and Horton.

55b06447f1679_VU-Peabody_MurrayStambaughVU-Peabody_Murray,Stambaugh,HankIngram-b.jpg

-==-

Edited by rookzie

We used to play IM basketball in Wesley... then it turned to rubble... then a hideous parking garage with street-level retail.  Could be worse... Vandy might have left out the retail portion.  Also, it could have been like the low-level retail strip they put at West End and 23rd. 

French Landing Brewing Co to begin construction!

From the Tennessean...

Good news for beer lovers: Construction has officially begun on a new brewery in Midtown after several delays.

Construction crews have started gutting the building and removing the roof at 1612 Church St. next to Midtown Wine & Spirits. A few snags in the planning and design held up construction, but French Landing Brewing Co. plans to open in early 2016, said head brewer Eric Janson.

French%20Landing2_zpsxzsspj7e.jpg 

• Like 3

This was announced a couple of months ago, however, the Planning commission voted down the project, thus they are now going in front of the entire council to get a variance for height. This will be on the NE corner of 21st & Hayes.

Edited by smeagolsfree

New hotel planned up to 15 stories in Midtown.  Still not sure after reading article where it will be but I know close to the Loew's.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/7/28/midtown_property_owner_to_seek_rezoning_related_to_hotel_projec

Yeah, this was announced in May. It would be directly behind the Loews Hotel at corner of Hayes and 21st.  Officials are balking at the 15 story height.