Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Vandy has bought the property at 2000 Broadway (corner of 20th Ave.), across the 3 pointed intersection from Aertson. And across 20th from the site of the 25 story tower where Noshville now sits. It has housed the Corner Pub for most of the last decade. 

The university now owns contiguous property bounded by Broadway, 21st Avenue, Terrace Place and 20th Avenue, although the article does not say if they own the whole block (doubtful). Regardless, Vandy has a lot of land to do something really big. No doubt, they'll have a residential component with this one, and quite possibly office. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/24/vanderbilt-buys-corner-pub-midtown-site-25m/72754326/

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Vandy has bought the property at 2000 Broadway (corner of 20th Ave.), across the 3 pointed intersection from Aertson. And across 20th from the site of the 25 story tower where Noshville now sits. It has housed the Corner Pub for most of the last decade. 

The university now owns contiguous property bounded by Broadway, 21st Avenue, Terrace Place and 20th Avenue, although the article does not say if they own the whole block (doubtful). Regardless, Vandy has a lot of land to do something really big. No doubt, they'll have a residential component with this one, and quite possibly office. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/24/vanderbilt-buys-corner-pub-midtown-site-25m/72754326/

Does Vandy buy properties like this outside of their main campus because they have a plan for it, or is it merely an opportunistic acquisition that they will hold indefinitely? This has me wondering how much of the undeveloped or underdeveloped property near their campus they own.

I'm also curious about that stretch of Blakemore stretching west from 21st across from the main campus. There are a couple of blocks of mostly parking lots fronting Blakemore. There's so much that could be done there to really activate the streetscape. Even if Vandy owns it and needs it for office or academic development, they could design a mixed use project that would have space for inviting retail at the street level with offices above. Just curious if anyone has insight into Vandy's real estate and development priorities.

Does Vandy buy properties like this outside of their main campus because they have a plan for it, or is it merely an opportunistic acquisition that they will hold indefinitely? This has me wondering how much of the undeveloped or underdeveloped property near their campus they own.

I'm also curious about that stretch of Blakemore stretching west from 21st across from the main campus. There are a couple of blocks of mostly parking lots fronting Blakemore. There's so much that could be done there to really activate the streetscape. Even if Vandy owns it and needs it for office or academic development, they could design a mixed use project that would have space for inviting retail at the street level with offices above. Just curious if anyone has insight into Vandy's real estate and development priorities.

Vandy's footprint always continues to spread.  They own buildings on Music Row and would probably buy the entirety of MR if they were able to purchase it all in one single acquisition.  They are always looking to buy land to continue to grow.  I have to imagine they will hold onto this land until they have a large enough footprint to build whatever they need at the time...being a classroom building or dorm.

Permabanned.

For all of you, including Tim, I hope that that's no more than an inside joke, since you have have the Creamsicle-pushup Orange in common. and are all from the same family, and Tim always remains on "Inactive Reserve" as far as moderators are concerned.
-=
:o=-

Another reason why my oft-referenced "plan" to put light rail along the streets parallel to West End (including Hayes) would be a better alternative to adding traffic to and reducing lanes from West End.  Then again, I am sounding like a broken record.

Maybe so, but I still appreciate it, because masses of humans tend to forget concepts after a month or so, unless these directly affect them (if even then).  Albeit short and "broke off" (like Grundy, State, Patterson, Laurel, and McGavock), Hayes could have become in part one such alternative parallel to convey DT-bound movements away from the CBD.

-=broken-record_thn.thumb.jpg.8dc0989bc481=-

• Like 1

The Trabue Triangle acquires rest of site of the import auto repair shop at the Broadway West End split. Plans to keep it a repair shop. Per The Tennessean. Only in Nashville!

he said he is okay with keeping it as it is "for now"....never did he close the door on doing something else with the property. said he knew how hot the area was.

• Like 1