Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

12 hours ago, PHofKS said:

That eighth floor has a large floor to ceiling height. I wonder why.

I went back and looked at the renderings. The 8th floor is definitely taller. That looks to be where the "base" structure stops and the tower portions begin. Might be an amenity deck.

6 hours ago, Paramount747 said:

Two Boots Pizza out of Brooklyn, NY. They name pizzas after celebrities. Very good Pizza. Ought to check it out.

So John has heard.....because we all know he never ventures out to the boonies.:P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Philip said:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/11/23/massive_led_billboard_to_be_installed_at_broadway_west_end_split

I always thought this intersection could be one of the coolest spots in town, if only something could be done with WES and Beaman lots. This looks like it might be a step in the right direction.

I'm a little worried it will lose its original, iconic focus on the Music Industry and Hockey and become a glaring, generic annoyance that advertises just anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

I'm a little worried it will lose its original, iconic focus on the Music Industry and Hockey and become a glaring, generic annoyance that advertises just anything.

You're right, there's a risk that this will be gaudy and annoying. But I'm hoping that, since they're spending the dough to put up a gigantic led screen, they'll use sense and make it something that people can relate to in Nashville.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/11/23/massive_led_billboard_to_be_installed_at_broadway_west_end_split

I always thought this intersection could be one of the coolest spots in town, if only something could be done with WES and Beaman lots. This looks like it might be a step in the right direction.

Ugh ... Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood this morning, but a three story LED billboard is just about the last thing I want to look at there. I think this will be an eyesore. My two cents ...

5 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

I'm in the opposite camp.     I've always thought large electronic displays would be perfect for this location (I'd like to see video and not just fixed images).    Eventually the Trabue property will be redeveloped, it's just a matter of time.      And hopefully it will be an iconic tower that capitalizes on the wedge-shaped site -- and incorporates the electronic displays.    

Don't get me wrong with the Parton quote, I'm for the sign. I used to think that intersection could sort of resemble a much smaller Times Square when I would go by it in the 90s (I've given up on that sort of thinking since then, now I think Nashville should be distinctly Nashville and not try to be any other city).

That's not the only wedge-shaped intersection that could potentially be awesome. There's several in Sobro and around the Music Row area that I hope get developed while taking advantage of the shape of the lot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Speaking of The Parthenon, are there any plans to put some kind of decorative gardens or anything around it?  It's such a stunningly beautiful structure.  To me, it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to just have it surrounded by empty lawn and parking lots.

I wish they'd use it for more high-end concerts.  They lit it up really cool and shot some concert footage for "Nashville" that looked outstanding.  The columns were lit up and it just looked super classy.

20140118-133610.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

from the master plan for the park

image.jpg

Wow, thank you for digging that up!!  That looks fantastic...I hope it comes to fruition! 

And titanhog, you're totally right.  That looks like it makes an incredible concert venue.  Definitely needs to be taken advantage of more!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Speaking of The Parthenon, are there any plans to put some kind of decorative gardens or anything around it?  It's such a stunningly beautiful structure.  To me, it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to just have it surrounded by empty lawn and parking lots.

Unfortunately the look of the building is really marred by the parking lot on the NE side.  I wish they'd put some decent landscaping there instead.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:05:18, Philip said:

Don't get me wrong with the Parton quote, I'm for the sign. I used to think that intersection could sort of resemble a much smaller Times Square when I would go by it in the 90s (I've given up on that sort of thinking since then, now I think Nashville should be distinctly Nashville and not try to be any other city).

That's not the only wedge-shaped intersection that could potentially be awesome. There's several in Sobro and around the Music Row area that I hope get developed while taking advantage of the shape of the lot.

I actually remember when there was a beautiful Coca Cola sign at that location.  When they took it down it didn't sit well with Nashville residents who saw it as an iconic sign for the intersection.  I hated when they went to a standard billboard then eventually the more vertical billboard.  To me the intersection became lifeless when the Coke sign was removed.  So, I like the idea of an LED sign that will probably be more engaging and I hope that it will be incorporated into what ever is eventually built there.  I just hope that the LED sign will not be used for just any ole type of advertisement.  I wouldn't want to see pay day loan, second rate law service and bail bond advertisements.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I actually remember when there was a beautiful Coca Cola sign at that location.  When they took it down it didn't sit well with Nashville residents who saw it as an iconic sign for the intersection.  I hated when they went to a standard billboard then eventually the more vertical billboard.  To me the intersection became lifeless when the Coke sign was removed.  So, I like the idea of an LED sign that will probably be more engaging and I hope that it will be incorporated into what ever is eventually built there.  I just hope that the LED sign will not be used for just any ole type of advertisement.  I wouldn't want to see pay day loan, second rate law service and bail bond advertisements.

Speaking of... They already pulled down the old sign. Got started quick.