Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Investor who has bought up 60 acres in Cowan Street area for major development has added 2.4 more acres directly across from Nissan Stadium:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2015/07/17/chicago-investor-pays-east-nashville-site/30306729/

Does Allen own all that land, or is that land in some current ongoing state of being negotiated in sale?  He seems to, according to NBJ.  A huge chunk of that property (properties) appears to remain very active industrially, although the railroad team tracks north of the Cherokee Marine Terminal (almost directly on parallel with Taylor Street on the West Bank) appear no longer to have (recently) served the northern-most reaches of those businesses, and the tracks can be disposed of if customer demand desists.  Frequently I have witnessed a railroad industrial switcher serve the East Bank almost daily on both sides of Jefferson Street, and still a bunch of modern warehouse distribution activity remains in the proposed chunk, which makes that a lot businesses which would have to get their hats and "get lost".  I also wonder about the short-term prospect of the industrial park properties south of the proposal and Jefferson Street.

So even if this is only "envisioned", I wonder just to what extent of fruition this conception could be expected to become transformed.  Even Chicago itself has a number of riverside industries strewn along some "near" portions of the DT Chicago River on the north branch.  Of course, even long lease contracts can be broken easily, it seems.

-==-

Buildings with huge setbacks the street with horseshoe entry drives, numerous retention ponds, loads of surface parking. Sounds like a great project for Cool Springs.

This sounds like the very same proposal from last February.  I just hope that final details, when-/if ever they do evolve to a stage of development, will be more amenable to better urbanized integration than what the original concept had shown.

-==-

Thanks,

i need to to get some info on this. Let me know if you find anything.

It wouldn't be fair to call it phase 2 or the 1100 Fatherland Building.  If you call it anything, you call it phase 6 of the Martin Corner development, but the lot is cleared for a series of smaller office buildings that resemble the Shoppes on Fatherland more so than the 1100 Fatherland building.  I saw the PDF submitted somewhere.

i am not kidding, one of the reply posts to historic nashville's post on this is...

11813387_10207196214086462_6919391711523

John Ema Joy. More over priced condos.
Like · Reply · 34 mins

I see this as part of the general, anti-development backlash in East Nashville.  I think the no-growth folks are still a minority, but they are very vocal and extremely negative.  Makes it harder to do smart growth. 

• Like 3

I could be wrong, but I think this is the rendering for the same companies (Greenline) site build for the residential/retail project across from the Inglewood library. They apparently are going to start grading and installing the erosion barrier soon but said it will be a little bit before actual construction. 

A question for you East End boys.

Does anyone know what is going on the SE corner of 10th and Fatherland? Land is cleared and equipment on site, but no sign.

http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/MHZC/docs/2015 Meetings/4 April/SR 301 S 10th Street and 1004 Fatherland Street.pdf

f10.thumb.jpg.76e16d87b437b7cd6c9719ca4d

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/7/28/november_finish_eyed_for_east_nashville_project

Three-building Fatherland Corner to be located near Five Points
Published July 28, 2015 by William Williams

East Nashville-based boutique developer Mark Sanders is targeting a November finish for his under-construction Fatherland Corner project.

To be located at the southeast corner of the intersection of South 10th and Fatherland streets and three blocks from the Five Points epicenter, the approximately $1.4 million project will include three two-story buildings, with a collective approximately 8,500 square feet of retail/office/service space.

Does Allen own all that land, or is that land in some current ongoing state of being negotiated in sale?  He seems to, according to NBJ.  A huge chunk of that property (properties) appears to remain very active industrially, although the railroad team tracks north of the Cherokee Marine Terminal (almost directly on parallel with Taylor Street on the West Bank) appear no longer to have (recently) served the northern-most reaches of those businesses, and the tracks can be disposed of if customer demand desists.  Frequently I have witnessed a railroad industrial switcher serve the East Bank almost daily on both sides of Jefferson Street, and still a bunch of modern warehouse distribution activity remains in the proposed chunk, which makes that a lot businesses which would have to get their hats and "get lost".  I also wonder about the short-term prospect of the industrial park properties south of the proposal and Jefferson Street.

So even if this is only "envisioned", I wonder just to what extent of fruition this conception could be expected to become transformed.  Even Chicago itself has a number of riverside industries strewn along some "near" portions of the DT Chicago River on the north branch.  Of course, even long lease contracts can be broken easily, it seems.

-==-

Buildings with huge setbacks the street with horseshoe entry drives, numerous retention ponds, loads of surface parking. Sounds like a great project for Cool Springs.

I think 37206d and bwithers brought up related material on this, back last mid-Feb.  37206d probably has been lying in wait on this, to make sure that the developer(s) don't do a renege, as what happened recently with exceeding zoning constraints at 46th and Utah.
-==-

I see this as part of the general, anti-development backlash in East Nashville.  I think the no-growth folks are still a minority, but they are very vocal and extremely negative.  Makes it harder to do smart growth. 

Yep, I hear a lot from neighbors who opposed Stacks On Main, and East Side Heights, and basically anything. I tell them if they choose to live in the city, they have to deal with new projects that only make things better in the long run.

• Like 1

i am not kidding, one of the reply posts to historic nashville's post on this is...

11813387_10207196214086462_6919391711523

John Ema Joy. More over priced condos.
Like · Reply · 34 mins

there are some real idiots in this city, not going to mention any names .....

Thanks for for the site plan. I found the permit and thus the story in the Post. William was able to finally get in touch with Mark.

My wife and I very seriously considered working with the designer of this space during our recent home search. He does excellent work with a mid-century look very unique in East Nashville. For example:

EDIT: Well... Apparently the image link functionality isn't working right now. Check it out:

[Another] EDIT: Apparently the classic hyperlink functionality isn't any better. :sigh:

www.profileandprinciple.com/

Edited by Vrtigo