Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

From the NBJ today.  The Cleo by LIV out of Birmingham. This has been known but I don't recall an updated rendering (just a site plan). 

LIV paid $5.9 million for the 4.66-acre site at 1036 W. Eastland Ave., 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/08/nashvilles-urban-core-too-hot-for-this-apartment.html#i1

The Cleo, a 291-unit apartment complex under construction in East Nashville. The developer is LIV Development, of Birmingham, Ala.

• Like 1

The renderings for the old Turnip Truck location were posted on the board, but here is the rest of the story.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/9/4/hill_eyes_project_for_east_nashville_turnip_truck_site

Clothing store headed to Main St.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/9/8/east_nashville_building_prepped_for_possible_retail_business

Ate at Tower Deli (old Mac's Market) the other day.  It was good but not as good as I'd hoped, regardless, I will be going back.  They serve breakfast all day which is a big plus.

Cantrell's BBQ has apparently changed their name to East Nashville BBQ Company.  Anyone ever eaten there?

Ate at Tower Deli (old Mac's Market) the other day.  It was good but not as good as I'd hoped, regardless, I will be going back.  They serve breakfast all day which is a big plus.

Cantrell's BBQ has apparently changed their name to East Nashville BBQ Company.  Anyone ever eaten there?

Nope, not in almost 40 years, when it had been called "Foster and Cantrell" and had been located at McFerrin and Cleveland... -==-

Edited by rookzie

They had their "soft opening" several days ago... I live about a half mile from there and am thrilled to see more activity in the neighborhood.

I went for the first time last night around 7:30 in the pitch-dark and pouring rain and got some BBQ sliders takeout. Place was completely empty as far as customers are concerned, but I don't think many know yet that the place is even open.

Food was delicious. Meat is tender and flavorful. My favorite part was their slaw that they pile on top of the meat inside the sandwiches. The slaw seemed like a hybrid of the vinegar-based and the mayo-based variety, with a healthy amount of mustard thrown in. Very unique taste and one I will definitely seek out again.

• Like 1

They had their "soft opening" several days ago... I live about a half mile from there and am thrilled to see more activity in the neighborhood.

I went for the first time last night around 7:30 in the pitch-dark and pouring rain and got some BBQ sliders takeout. Place was completely empty as far as customers are concerned, but I don't think many know yet that the place is even open.

Food was delicious. Meat is tender and flavorful. My favorite part was their slaw that they pile on top of the meat inside the sandwiches. The slaw seemed like a hybrid of the vinegar-based and the mayo-based variety, with a healthy amount of mustard thrown in. Very unique taste and one I will definitely seek out again.

ThanX for the heads-up.  Didn't think you'd even know what slaw was. [LoL]

I just might slither over there on my birthday tomorrow, since it's Friday and I'm considering taking off (since I've never taken such a day off). -==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Has the construction of Top Golf started yet on the East Bank? The one here in Virginia Beach is well underway and the poles for the nets are quite imposing next to the interstate. When they go up in Nashville they will definitely be noticed. 

Great, Bruce, but where is that one in the Beach going up, west of the Witchduck Rd. exit somewhere?  I take it that you're showing westbound on I-264, based on the angle of the sun.  Maybe someone else can give an update on the TopGolf in Nashville. -==-

• Like 1

Great, Bruce, but where is that one in the Beach going up, west of the Witchduck Rd. exit somewhere?  I take it that you're showing westbound on I-264, based on the angle of the sun.  Maybe someone else can give an update on the TopGolf in Nashville. -==-

Yes it is heading west on I-264. It is right past the exit for Witchduck. It's right off of Greenwhich Rd. That area is seeing a lot of residential projects as well. The area I live off of Bonney Rd has changed quite a bit as well.  Where I live used to be a gigantic trailer park that the city of VB took over with iminent domain a few years back. Now it is new apartments, town homes, and single family homes across the street.

image.jpg

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 1

Top Golf has not started yet, we hear on the East Side it could be a year away. The same developer just bought a huge swath of land on Woodland Street across from the stadium. Everything east of Limelight will come down including Thai Phoo Ket and Shoney's. We hear he is doing this project first.

Not sure if Limelight and the Service King are part of this deal, but rumor has it the entire block will be developed from the beginning of the large surface lot across from the Juvenile Justice Center all the way down past the Shoney's. At one time back around 2005-2006 six 22 story towers were planned for this land. 

Rumor also has it that The Gerst House will have to move as well, possibly to somewhere in East Nashville due to an entity that wants to build a large municipal parking garage where they reside now to have more parking for the events at Nissan Stadium. They could build and excavate five stories below and as high as 7 stories above. 

We also hear the Stadium Inn is coming down for a chain property like a Hampton Suites. Top Golf will bring a lot of business to a much blighted area. Look for big changes around the stadium, and north and east of the stadium.

The area east of the I-40 underpass is getting a lot of attention as most of the lots are listed for sale. Remember the Nazarene Church lot will break ground as East Side Heights this fall. Reagan Engineering may be moving as well as Alinder plumbing.

Not too mention the Ramada Inn is getting offers for their large surface lot next door.

We hear a lot, so lets see what happens.

Exciting to see that this area is finally getting some redevelopment. I never understood why those spots have been left untouched for so long, considering the proximity to the interstate, downtown, East Nashville and Nissan Stadium. And the fact that the Stadium Inn is still there is nothing short of astonishing.

• Like 1