Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Eakin is planning a 12 story, 157,000 sq ft office building at 30th Ave S and Vanderbilt Pl.

http://m.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/07/eakin-partners-pursues-midtown-office-building.html

4 Houses will come down for this. All of which are pretty insignificant and 3 of which are pretty run-down.

Some people say these are historically significant homes:  https://www.facebook.com/historicnashvilleinc/posts/10153470814588288 

• Like 1

Eakin is planning a 12 story, 157,000 sq ft office building at 30th Ave S and Vanderbilt Pl.

http://m.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/07/eakin-partners-pursues-midtown-office-building.html

4 Houses will come down for this. All of which are pretty insignificant and 3 of which are pretty run-down.

Some people say these are historically significant homes:  https://www.facebook.com/historicnashvilleinc/posts/10153470814588288 

The comments are fantastic:

"As if we need another office tower."

Actually, yes, we probably do. Checked our office vacancy rate lately? No?

"Another rezoning request? Obviously the zoning ordinance and Town Master Plan aren't worth the paper (or the web page) they are printed on?"

The site is already zoned for high-intensity office. Not sure why Eakin wants an SP, but I'm sure it's something small in the details. They could build an office building on that site right now....but I doubt these people realize that. They probably think it is still zoned for single family residential.

"GREED GREED GREED......has a price and it's not pretty."

The classic "I don't know what is happening anymore, so I'm just going to assume it's evil" comment.

• Like 2

Hard to keep up is an understatement. I have a number of spreadsheets I work off of not to mention a detailed project list. I am still finding stuff I didn't know about or forgot about, but I would probably say few  know what is happening as well as I do. Most of the time it's in my head, but that space is getting really crowded right now.

• Like 2

From WW at the NP, article behind paywall currently.  Old Colonial bakery site in 8th South. I like the street presence of this rendering better than the previous one, old magnolia tree notwithstanding.  http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/7/30/developer_releases_images_for_project_planned_for_berry_hill

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-30%20at%2012.07. 

• Like 3

Dmills... could you attach the site plan?  I tried, but kept getting the eternal spinning arrow.  Also, as I checked the exact location on the map, I noticed that this is across the street from the corner where the Berry Hill (by Lennar) is planned.  Haven't heard lately, how is the progress on that one coming? 

Dmills... could you attach the site plan?  I tried, but kept getting the eternal spinning arrow.  Also, as I checked the exact location on the map, I noticed that this is across the street from the corner where the Berry Hill (by Lennar) is planned.  Haven't heard lately, how is the progress on that one coming? 

The one directly across the street (NE corner of 8th and Craighead: the former Jaguar dealership) is completely leveled and much digging and foundational work being done.  Easily a dozen pieces of heavy equipment moving around there every day.

The former Colonial Bakery site (this rendition posted several items above) is completely razed and some digging has started.  Going to be a large project.

These are three blocks from my house, so I pass them daily.

• Like 1

I am guessing that this is the building that will go to the left of the building in the rendering above, now that the grocery has been scrubbed.  Looks like two buildings with very good street presence will be going up at that intersection. 

• Like 1

IDK, but I believe the articles reference that the developer of the apartments first wanted a grocery store there at the left side of the development (that's why I was wanting to see a siteplan). Reports out this week said the developer (the same one?) has scrapped the idea for the grocery story in favor of condos.  So I assume the same developer is doing both the apartments and the condos (but not sure).  If you look at the silhouette in the large color drawing (left side of the rendering) you will see the outline of the edge of a building about the same height as the building in the B&W drawing, plus the parking deck behind it (which you can also see in the silhouette). 

Thanks Dmills... looks like the condo building will be going in the place of the grocery. 

This must have been overlooked and I at least wanted to get it on the board. This is in the Seven Springs are and has been reported but is about to start.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/8/5/vastland_breaks_ground_on_avalon_at_seven_springs

Hmmmmm..... what would you call that style of architecture?  Post-neuvo-suburban? 

635743741803876969-condos